Druid hero talents expectations?

With "Keeper of the grove" looking to make Treant into a more meaningful cooldown
    and "Elune's chosen" adding procced of moonfire and empowering the moon theme'd nukes.

What are your expectations/assumptions for "Druid of the claw" and Wildstalker?

Nothing we have seen from the warrior's mountain thane showcase, makes me believe anything will truely be a game changer, just some amps and animations glows up for existing abilties.

Druid of the claw, being the bear/cat tree. One could just assume it'll have an amp to berserk and thrash/swipe?

Wildstalker, being the cat/resto tree. What could we expect from this? Only ability that I can think of that both of them can use is adaptive swam. Is using a covenant power as the focal point of the tree weird? or is make guess far off from what you've envisioned?

Haven't seen much discussion on the druid hero talents yet.

Not sure why you'd expect Wildstalker to be a Resto tree. Sounds far more like Guardian/Feral, focused on their more animalistic aspects.

Druids of the Claw are where Rejuvination comes from, on the other hand, so Resto would make sense there.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not sure why you'd expect Wildstalker to be a Resto tree. Sounds far more like Guardian/Feral, focused on their more animalistic aspects.

Druids of the Claw are where Rejuvination comes from, on the other hand, so Resto would make sense there.
    Elune's Chosen is Guardian/Balance
    Keeper of the Grove is Resto/Balance

It's save to assume they'll have each tree for two specs.
    Feral isn't assigned to any tree, so it has to be Wildstalker and druid of the claw.

So one of Wildstalker/Druid of the Claw has to go to Resto/Guardian.

While you have a point with reju coming from druid of the claws, so does bear form and druids of the claw are known to adhere to ursoc. It just fits bears better.

Ideally druid of the claw should be for resto/guardian and they should scrap elune's chosen and replace it by a feral/balance tree. That would also solve the problem of Elune's chosen being tied completely to the bottom right of the guardian tree and thus not much of an actual choice.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Elune's Chosen is Guardian/Balance
    Keeper of the Grove is Resto/Balance

It's save to assume they'll have each tree for two specs.
    Feral isn't assigned to any tree, so it has to be Wildstalker and druid of the claw.

So one of Wildstalker/Druid of the Claw has to go to Resto/Guardian.

While you have a point with reju coming from druid of the claws, so does bear form and druids of the claw are known to adhere to ursoc. It just fits bears better.

Ideally druid of the claw should be for resto/guardian and they should scrap elune's chosen and replace it by a feral/balance tree. That would also solve the problem of Elune's chosen being tied completely to the bottom right of the guardian tree and thus not much of an actual choice.
    Feral has nearly zero thematic overlap with Balance. There's essentially nothing that would fit. It would also be odd if there was no Feral/Guardian tree. That only leaves Resto/Feral as a possible option, and Wildstalker fits that less than Druid of the Claw.

None tbh lol. I play a KT druid and sometimes a zandalari druid, so the theme feels kinda weird tbh

Quote Originally Posted by kuhntasmash View Post
    Wildstalker, being the cat/resto tree. What could we expect from this? Only ability that I can think of that both of them can use is adaptive swam. Is using a covenant power as the focal point of the tree weird? or is make guess far off from what you've envisioned?
    I think Wildstalker could be focused on enhancing periodic effects in general. It could be more aggressive choice for resto druids for more hybrid playstyle.

Druid of the Claw could be also focused on defensives as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Symbiosis return!, now that will be a big surprise that i'll love
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I feel like people decided to take all the information that was in the panels and ignore it, making this discussion pointless on this forum.

Just to recap: the meaning of Hero Talents, aside from bringing certain class fantasies available, is to offer a more concrete direction for your spec. Druids have it relatively easy since their spells and abilities are clearly categorized to different schools of magic, making themes of "hero-spec" clear.

Bear can choose between magic route and physical route, namely Druid of the Claw and Elune's Chosen. Moonkin chooses between arcane and nature magic, having Keeper of the Grove beside Elune's Chosen. Cats also getting Druid of the Claw as a more combat-focused spec is a good guess.

That leaves Wildstalker between Trees and Cats, which is a little harder to imagine. Possible direction could be to focus on stealth and self-preservation. Hero fantasy being so-called "lord of the forest", an elusive and mythical being who protects flora and fauna from invaders while never revealing themselves. This differs from Keeper of the Grove who uses big treants and spells openly to dispatch enemies.

So, Wildstalker might get buffs to stealth- abilities and damage prevention- cds like Barkskin, Survival Instincts and Ironbark. Also talents like Nature's Vigil, Forestwalk and Omen of Clarity might be buffed. Lastly, one fun interaction could be to give back Thorns and add damage component back to Entangling Roots.
    Last edited by Thraenduil; 2023-12-18 at 01:07 AM.

Guardian/Balance makes me sad because that means the other option has to be Guardian/Feral and there is no Guardian/Resto.

Druid of the Claw should have been Guardian/Resto, hands down.

Well, what do you know! They released wildstalker and chosen of Elune today and i was almost spot-on about the theme of wildstalker. I was wrong about the spells they would buff but otherwise pretty close.

I find it curious that you can apparently spec out of Solar Eclipse with Chosen. (Outside of CA, anyway)