10+ Year Old Account

Predictions for Evoker Heroic Talents?

So clearly it's going to work out like this;

Augmentation+Devastation = Scalecommander
    Devastaton+Preservation= Ruby Adept
    Preservation+Augmentation= Chrono Warden

With that said, what do you think some abilities/talents will spawn from these talents?

My prediction/Hopes are as follows;

Ruby Adept: More power to fire-based spells in Devastation, and more red-based healing spells in preservation. I'd definitely like to see more of Alexstraza's HotS abilities like Cleansing Flames, Blessing of the Red, Pacify, and Life Unbound make it over.

Scalecommander: More Earth and Fire based talents and spells in both Augmentation and Devastation. Really hoping for more survivability in Devokers and more damage in Augvokers. I would love to see a few Deathwing HotS abilities come over like Cataclysm, Destroyer, and Skyfall.

Chrono Warden: More Bronze based healing spells in Preservation and more bronze based damage spells in Augmentation. I would really like to see some of Chromie's HotS DPS abilities show up in the Augmentation tree like Sand Blast and Dragon's Breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well instead of making a new thread, I'll just continue this one;

Chronowarden: Good, solid hero talent tree. I think this is better for Augmentation than Preservation honestly, simply because it just adds to the stuff they already do, and they can benefit more from some of the talents like Temporal Burst and the choice node that boosts your INT and STAM. Despite that, I can see Preservation healers who prefer Bronze to Green magic spec into this as well.

Scalecommander: This tree is potentially nuts for Devastation. The AoE from Empower to Mass Disintegrate into Bombardments really has me curious on how Devastation can control its threat. The spec REALLY needs a way to cool off their threat potential or they're going to be pulling mobs off of tanks really quickly with stuff like this. This hero talent tree also will live or die based on how Deep Breath and Breath of Eons functions under Maneuverability. If Maneuverability removes the targeting reticle and just allows you to lift off and fly around shooting fire from your mouth, this becomes the best DPS hero tree in the game. I think this is definite option for Devokers. Augvokers may take this up if they want to feel like they're doing more DPS than support since it buffs more of their spells.

Flameshaper: Second only to Scalecommander, this is another strong hero talent tree for Evokers. Engulf is a new red spell that deals decent damage/healing and enhances Fire Breath and Dream Breath. I really like Enkindle which adds a DoT or HoT from our essence abilities, and Consume Flame looks very strong for both specs. This is another great option for Devokers since it gives them a new nuke to use along with Fire Breath. Prevokers may take this to get some burst healing from Dream Breath and a new heal button that adds some HoT potential. However, I have to say again that Devokers really need a way to cool off threat, because something like Consume Flame could be very problematic in group play.

Overall the hero talents for Evoker look very good. I love the fantasy they're constructing here, and I can't wait to try these talents out asap.

Alright, let's add few thoughts on Evoker trees. I play Preservation and Devastation mostly and my main content is PvP and then M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chronowarden: Good, solid hero talent tree. I think this is better for Augmentation than Preservation honestly, simply because it just adds to the stuff they already do, and they can benefit more from some of the talents like Temporal Burst and the choice node that boosts your INT and STAM. Despite that, I can see Preservation healers who prefer Bronze to Green magic spec into this as well.
    For Pres, it is nice tree overall. I particularly like Hover talents. It will be good tree for people who does not want extra button. Chronowarden reintroduce S2 and S3 tier set bonuses, both of them were strong for us. I think this tree will be more around big ramps. My concern is that this talent tree adds another layer to some of your abilities - evoker is pretty unique in a way that it does not have that much abilities to press, but almost all of your abilities do several things. That leads into complex gameplay when you need to carefuly combine your spells to greatest effect. It is not bad thing by default, but it can certainly be frustrating for some people.

Scalecommander: This tree is potentially nuts for Devastation. The AoE from Empower to Mass Disintegrate into Bombardments really has me curious on how Devastation can control its threat. The spec REALLY needs a way to cool off their threat potential or they're going to be pulling mobs off of tanks really quickly with stuff like this. This hero talent tree also will live or die based on how Deep Breath and Breath of Eons functions under Maneuverability. If Maneuverability removes the targeting reticle and just allows you to lift off and fly around shooting fire from your mouth, this becomes the best DPS hero tree in the game. I think this is definite option for Devokers. Augvokers may take this up if they want to feel like they're doing more DPS than support since it buffs more of their spells.
    Honestly, I am huge fan of Scalecommander for Devastation, but at the same time, there are many things that needs to be clarified before I decide if it will be good or not. As you said, the biggest elefant in the room is how Deep Breath talents will work here. Threat generation is another big concern for PvE. Bombardments are also in rather unsure place, since we don't know their damage and proc rate. If these will be adressed, I think this tree will be lots of fun.
    As for PvP, I really love added mobility and CC potential this tree offers. Mass Disintegrate sounds also very scary, considering even now, Disintegrate literaly melts people even outside your burst.

Flameshaper: Second only to Scalecommander, this is another strong hero talent tree for Evokers. Engulf is a new red spell that deals decent damage/healing and enhances Fire Breath and Dream Breath. I really like Enkindle which adds a DoT or HoT from our essence abilities, and Consume Flame looks very strong for both specs. This is another great option for Devokers since it gives them a new nuke to use along with Fire Breath. Prevokers may take this to get some burst healing from Dream Breath and a new heal button that adds some HoT potential. However, I have to say again that Devokers really need a way to cool off threat, because something like Consume Flame could be very problematic in group play.
    As for Flameshaper, I am more interested to play it as Preservation than Devastation, honestly. I predicted this tree would be centered around "breaths", though I suspect it would be only Flame Breath.
    As for Preservation, Engulf add news new tool to your kit which you already does not have. I suspect Engulf heal will be rather small, considering you can already stack multiple HoTs through Echo. You can easily get +200% buff to Engulf just through double Reversion and Double Dream Breath, and then you have Enkidle HoT from your essence spenders. For Pres, this is really interesting and I am curious if we will be able to Echo Engulf (we probably should, as we can Echo every healing spell, even Living Flame). Consume Flame will also be major burst healing, considering how strong Dream Breath is now... but it will also depend on range of this ability. I am also curious if Preservation will be able to Consume Flame on Flame Breaths as well, but it seems they might be able to trigger it on Dream Breath only, which would be a shame. Preservation is already one of the more aggressive healers and it is their major strenght in PvP and M+ as well. Chronowarden already has pretty strong dmg options through their Chronoflames, so I believe Flameshaper should add some dmg capacity to Preservation as well.
    As for Devastation, I am not that hyped about this tree. I think it will be fine, detonating Flame Breaths will be probably fine for AoE bursts... but somehow, this tree feels way more suited for Preservation for me than a Devastation. Not that it is bad, but I feel Scalecommander just works better for me, simply because Mass Disintegate synergies so well with your spec talents and also increased focus on Deep Breath let you build a slightly different talent build. Flameshaper does not seem to impact you that much, I am afraid.
    As for both, there are also few concerns. Trailblazer seem like double-edged sword talent. Increasing Hover range and speed by 50% will be huge, but right now, many evokers tend to Hover in place, as it can lead you to some dangerous place. In many cases, it will be pretty significant increase in your mobility and I am sure it will help evokers kite in PvP significantly. Lifecinders also seem to be a bit counterintuitive, as you generaly want to use Renewing Blaze when you are still on high health, before dmg happens. Applying it to already injured ally might not be really useful, plus you can't really chose who will receive the buff. Also compared to both Scalecommander and Chronowarden, this tree lacks in defensive talents and seem to rely more on throughput. That can be problematic in high keys and in PvP as well, as defensives are very valued in both types of content, especially on squishy class as evokers.

Overall the hero talents for Evoker look very good. I love the fantasy they're constructing here, and I can't wait to try these talents out asap.
    I think I agree with this. Evoker hero talents definitely feel like better ones we have seen. I would still say that they wery rely on tunings and proc rates, but I am fairly possitive that this can be tweaked properly once alfa/beta begins. It is good start for evokers.
    One big concern I have here is that as these tree already received fairly good reception, devs will focus on different talents that were not so lucky. That can lead to evoker talents being overlooked and end up not in that great shape, compared to others. It sort of happened in DF alfa, with some classes getting increased attention from devs, while other had to be fixed after launch because they become underperforming.

I am also curious what new visuals we will get from these hero talents. Bronze Living Flame for Chronoflame sounds likely, also red Disintegrate through Enkindle procs is also an option. I definitely hope we will see something like this.