10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    And yet monks, even though being entirely based on pandaren culture, are opened to ALL races, not only pandaren.

If you use this argument, even Tinker class based entirely on gnomish and goblin technology has no reason to be exclusive to these races, especially when gnomes and goblins share their tech with other races and already teach them how to build gnomish/goblin tech through engineering profession.
    Sure they do. The mechanical nature of the Tinker class makes it unwieldily for anything except for the shorter races. Having a mechanical backpack that transforms into a mech for example causes significant size issues.

That's not a problem with a Monk class, so while it's Pandaren-based it can be other races without issue.

For the sake of argument; If Blizzard wants larger races to be in this class and wants a mech form, they could opt for an Ironman style mech form;

Where the mech is the top half of their body. At one point HotS adopted that form of mech.

But that would still require the mechanical backpack, and I simply don't see that being available for other races.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2024-03-28 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Sure they do. The mechanical nature of the Tinker class makes it unwieldily for anything except for the shorter races. Having a mechanical backpack that transforms into a mech for example causes significant size issues.

That's not a problem with a Monk class, so while it's Pandaren-based it can be other races without issue.
    These technical limitations are only in your head, though. You are basically the only one who wants this. Since Blizzard tends to cover popular requests, there is no way they would develop new class solely for two largely unpopular races, completely ignoring other more popular technology concepts which are already strongly established within game.

As I said, your Tinker is just strictly inferior to basicaly any other technology class concept and it would make the most unpopular class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    These technical limitations are only in your head, though. You are basically the only one who wants this. Since Blizzard tends to cover popular requests, there is no way they would develop new class solely for two largely unpopular races, completely ignoring other more popular technology concepts which are already strongly established within game.
    And they could simply utilize the Vulpera if that's a problem.

As I said, your Tinker is just strictly inferior to basicaly any other technology class concept and it would make the most unpopular class.
    Yeah, it's not MY Tinker concept. It's Blizzard's. Every expansion class is based heavily on WC3/HotS heroes. As it stands, the only WC3/HotS technology hero is Gazlowe. That's not my doing, it's Blizzard's.

That said, there is some room for expansion;

But again, that's up to Blizzard.

PotM= Wait for the Sentinel talent tree.
    Blademaster= View the Warrior hero tree where the Blademaster ultimate ability is the focal point.
    Shadow Hunter= Wait for the other two Shaman hero talent trees.
    Yeah, no. None of the classes represent these concepts.
    It's like saying Metamorphosis=Warlock.

That's up to Blizzard. They could make an ETC class as well. It's their game.
    With the direction you're taking it, i wouldn't be surprised.

The argument here is "what class would fit a Midnight expansion?" Clearly IF there's going to be a class in 12.0 it's almost required to be an Elven class of some type. Warden are Elven based, has original abilities and concepts, and fits the expansion concept. It also helps that Blizzard expanded the concept's lore in Dragonflight, and Maiev and Wardens in general are quite popular in their own right. Further unlike many other proposals, it fits the pedigree of previous class inclusions, and the Warden's abilities are largely open, particularly their signature abilities like Spirit of Vengeance, Shadow Strike, Umbral Tether and Warden's Cage.

This appears to be a no-brainer in my view.
    What a turnaround. From "no, the Warden is just a Rogue" to "this is a no brainer", you present your true character as usual - an opportunist.

Midnight is about Quel'thalas and not a Night elven land. The Warden doesn't draw its power from the Void.
    Popular? Since when are the Wardens popular?
    What about Dragoflight expands on the concept?

Because none of the Warden's potential abilities are encroaching on existing classes.
    Oh really?
    Fan of Knives.
    Back in they day you'd say Blink and Poison Dagger. You'd even say Spirit of Vengeance is just a Rogue's shadow clone.
    Once again, you prove to be full of shit.

I've said that Blizzard might not be open to creating yet another melee-centric Elven class. However if they are, the Warden simply makes more sense than the Night Warrior. Again, another DWing Warglaive elf class that is stealing abilities from another class is likely too much for Blizzard and the community to stomach.

Meanwhile if we look at Wardens;

They're simply a far more developed concept.
    It's literally an elven glaive class. What are you talking about?

I simply disagree. The PotM at its core is an archer concept. The Warden at its core is an assassin concept. The PotM shot enchanted arrows dropped stars from the sky while the Warden tossed shadow/poison knives that crippled targets and created a dark spirit of vengeance that would summon other dark spirits to attack.

I wouldn't consider that similar at all.
    We have the assassination Rogue. Doesn't it tread on that?
    Anway, i showed you how both Tyrande and Maiev follow Elune. Both use Owls. Now, with the Night Warrior, both use glaives. They would likely be infused.

Instead, the Monk class and all of its specs was based on this;

https://i.ibb.co/3MkXJ8b/ezgif-6-f51c31d18e.jpg
    Except, it wasn't. As explained multiple times before, it was based on the fantasy trope of the RPG monk class concept, with two thirds of the whole class concept (windwalker and mistweaving) coming almost exclusively from sources outside of warcraft.

Which means that a technology class and all of its specs will be based on this;

https://i.ibb.co/yWYxZwZ/joris-dewolf-gazlowe6.jpg
    And yet you keep muddling that concept with "titan tech", "ghostbusting tech", "dragon tech", etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    So, i got a good nights sleep and some thought to how a night warrior fits into Midnight and the Blood Elves. And honestly, it just matches perfectly.
    Interesting, and well written/presented. I remember M'uru/Entropius, and I've actually seen the bit with Alleria and the Sunwell (yay!). This is actually a well thought out theory on the Void, the Sunwell, and Midnight as a whole. While I think that this could theoretically lead to a Night Warrior, it could also just as easily lead to a more generic Void-based class. However, I'd like to think that combining the Warden and Night Warrior concepts together would allow for a more interesting class overall, especially when it comes to specs. These two would definitely be the Tank/DPS specs. Question is, would the 3rd spec be more PotM like Tyrande for a Healing/Support spec, or lean towards Alleria's Void Hunter Ranged DPS spec, giving us a mixed-range class? Or, perhaps, in some bizarre creative burst from Blizzard, we get two classes, a Night Warrior and a Void Hunter, both with a similar origin but a different martial focus (admittedly, this is highly, exceptionally, and unequivocally unlikely). LOL

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What a turnaround. From "no, the Warden is just a Rogue" to "this is a no brainer", you present your true character as usual - an opportunist.

I was going to point these out as well. Glad you got to it before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Interesting, and well written/presented. I remember M'uru/Entropius, and I've actually seen the bit with Alleria and the Sunwell (yay!). This is actually a well thought out theory on the Void, the Sunwell, and Midnight as a whole. While I think that this could theoretically lead to a Night Warrior, it could also just as easily lead to a more generic Void-based class. However, I'd like to think that combining the Warden and Night Warrior concepts together would allow for a more interesting class overall, especially when it comes to specs. These two would definitely be the Tank/DPS specs. Question is, would the 3rd spec be more PotM like Tyrande for a Healing/Support spec, or lean towards Alleria's Void Hunter Ranged DPS spec, giving us a mixed-range class? Or, perhaps, in some bizarre creative burst from Blizzard, we get two classes, a Night Warrior and a Void Hunter, both with a similar origin but a different martial focus (admittedly, this is highly, exceptionally, and unequivocally unlikely). LOL
    Yeah, the bit about M'uru/Entropius, the sunwell and the reaction to void being close to it was the turning point in my thought process.

It could very well be a "generic" void class, though, i think blizz would try to tie it in more towards at least some known characters.

But for specs. What if it is a 4 spec class? With DK/Monk we thought all classes would always have 3 specs. DH turned that on its head with 2 specs, and Evoker again turned this with a class that starts as 2 specs but becomes 3 specs. So, the next turn could be a 4 spec class. Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Healer/Support, Tank would all fit into such a class, given the influences. But i think we are in concord that melee DPS and Ranged DPS are at least 2 of the specs. Tank... wouldn't be that supported if we just look at Warden, PotM, Night Warrior, Void Ranger. Healer/Support would fit in better. I think to sell a tank spec for such a class, the spellbreaker fantasy has to be part of it, or it has not enough defensive backing.

Edit: Uhh, idea for a class name: Voidbreaker. Taking naming from the spellbreaker, and the fantasy would be, people who break the strangle hold of the void, using it, instead of being used by it.
    Last edited by Enrif; 2024-03-28 at 02:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Which would be like arguing that an eventual Monk class would have Scarlet Crusade and Arcane Monks since we had Monks from those races as well.

Instead, the Monk class and all of its specs was based on this;

Which means that a technology class and all of its specs will be based on this
    Only one spec was based on Chen, the other two were based on this

And this

Both completely new to wow and with only minor ties to “brewing” if one counts tea.

Meaning a tech class can easily have one spec be goblin based while the other two only have minor ties to it even just being picking up scrap while they look like either of these.

- - - Updated - - -

And they could simply utilize the Vulpera if that's a problem.
    ”theses races are unpopular so let’s add another unpopular race instead of those that make up Over 90% of the player base!”

Is an awful idea.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yeah, no. None of the classes represent these concepts.
    It's like saying Metamorphosis=Warlock.
    While Warlocks had metamorphosis, yes they were effectively the DH class.

What a turnaround. From "no, the Warden is just a Rogue" to "this is a no br[ainer", you present your true character as usual - an opportunist.
    It was just a Rogue until we implement the HotS abilities, and it becomes quite different than a Rogue.

Midnight is about Quel'thalas and not a Night elven land. The Warden doesn't draw its power from the Void.
    Popular? Since when are the Wardens popular?
    What about Dragoflight expands on the concept?
    It's about unifying the Elven tribes. There's also no Quel'thalas open class concept available.
    Wardens have always been popular.
    At the end of DF Maiev began expanding the limits of the Warden order.

Oh really?
    Fan of Knives.
    And that's about it.

Completely different from the DH Warglaive though.

We have the assassination Rogue. Doesn't it tread on that?
    Nope.

Anway, i showed you how both Tyrande and Maiev follow Elune. Both use Owls. Now, with the Night Warrior, both use glaives. They would likely be infused.
    Return to the WC3 and HotS concepts. Again, they're quite different from each other.

Oh that's right, Night Warrior didn't have a WC3 or HotS concept......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Only one spec was based on Chen, the other two were based on this

And this
    Both coming directly from the Pandaria and the Pandaren Brewmaster concepts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cool so it should be easy for you to site where Xuen and Yu'lon are mentioned in WC3 in regards to brewmasters or even from the TTRPG right?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool so it should be easy for you to site where Xuen and Yu'lon are mentioned in WC3 in regards to brewmasters or even from the TTRPG right?
    Pandaria = Panda-based China, so it makes sense for Blizzard to create fantasy celestials based on Chinese folklore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria = Panda-based China, so it makes sense for Blizzard to create fantasy celestials based on Chinese folklore.
    So they didn’t come directly from the brewmaster concept and instead came from unrelated Chinese folklore, glad to see you admit it.

I've been thinking about a possible future Warden hero talent for Rogues.
    - It would be available for sub and sin Rogues.
    - It's main spell would be summonning the shadow copy (spirit of vengeance) and make it interact with the rotation.
    - One talent would replace the dash with a blink.
    - Other talents would change/buff w3 warden spells like fan of knives/shuriken storm and shadow strike.
    - Lastly, one talent would add the option to use warglaives or at least transmog them over daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I've been thinking about a possible future Warden hero talent for Rogues.
    - It would be available for sub and sin Rogues.
    - It's main spell would be summonning the shadow copy (spirit of vengeance) and make it interact with the rotation.
    - One talent would replace the dash with a blink.
    - Other talents would change/buff w3 warden spells like fan of knives/shuriken storm and shadow strike.
    - Lastly, one talent would add the option to use warglaives or at least transmog them over daggers.
    if i didn't know you were talking about warden, this would sound like generic ninja fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    if i didn't know you were talking about warden, this would sound like generic ninja fantasy.
    Well warden and sub rogues are kind of ninjas. Night elves have some asian looking emotes and some of their vanilla buildings were straight up japanese looking.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Well warden and sub rogues are kind of ninjas. Night elves have some asian looking emotes and some of their vanilla buildings were straight up japanese looking.
    I think the biggest hurdle for wardens is their identity is linked to movement and speed, and you'd need to find a clever implementation of Blink/Shadowstep that isn't also just Blink/Shadowstep. It's absolutely possible, mind you, but I don't have any ideas of my own. I think what sets them apart from pure Rogues is exactly how they move about the battlefield and how it's implied to be more "magical" in nature than just Rogue Stealth which in most cases is just camouflage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they didn’t come directly from the brewmaster concept and instead came from unrelated Chinese folklore, glad to see you admit it.
    Well the hero was the Pandaren Brewmaster, which means that Pandaria had to be taken into account with its implementation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLion View Post
    I think the biggest hurdle for wardens is their identity is linked to movement and speed, and you'd need to find a clever implementation of Blink/Shadowstep that isn't also just Blink/Shadowstep. It's absolutely possible, mind you, but I don't have any ideas of my own. I think what sets them apart from pure Rogues is exactly how they move about the battlefield and how it's implied to be more "magical" in nature than just Rogue Stealth which in most cases is just camouflage.
    You use the HotS version of Spirit of Vengeance and its talents. I’m

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the hero was the Pandaren Brewmaster, which means that Pandaria had to be taken into account with its implementation.
    And the class is monk not Panarden brewmaster.

They didn’t need to take Pandaria into account at all to make it and by all accounts they didn’t as they threw out all of Pandara’s lore and made abunch of completely new stuff for it with even both the playable Pandarian and the monk class not coming from Pandaria but from the wandering isle instead.

But that’s really getting off on a tangent. The point is that only 1/3 specs came from the brewmaster concept and the other two specs are multiple steps removed from it by your own omission as they are based off Chinese folklore not brewmasters.

No, they did not. The concepts for the specs came from completely outside sources to Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the class is monk not Panarden brewmaster.
    But the Pandaren Brewmaster is where the concept originated from.

They didn’t need to take Pandaria into account at all to make it
    But they did because they wanted a Pandaren based Monk class, so I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here.