Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Didn't they announce way back when that this is going to take place in the past when both her and Immortan Joe are much younger? So I doubt it was ever intended to bring back Charlize or Hardy.
    Hardy is coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hardy is coming back.
    I don't think he is. There's two movies being planned. One in the past and another in the future. I think Hardly is in the future one which Charlize may or may not be part of.

I don't think he is. There's two movies being planned. One in the past and another in the future. I think Hardly is in the future one which Charlize may or may not be part of.
    Hardy is currently scheduled for the next Mad Max film, Wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hardy is currently scheduled for the next Mad Max film, Wasteland.
    Right but this is a thread about Furiosa. Weren't we just discussing her not being in that movie and you brought up Hardy being in it while Charlize isn't after I said how it is set like 10-20 years before the last one(Fury Road)?

Right but this is a thread about Furiosa. Weren't we just discussing her not being in that movie and you brought up Hardy being in it while Charlize isn't after I said how it is set like 10-20 years before the last one(Fury Road)?
    Miscommunication. I should have said Hardy is returning to the franchise in Wasteland. Apologies.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they announce way back when that this is going to take place in the past when both her and Immortan Joe are much younger? So I doubt it was ever intended to bring back Charlize or Hardy.
    Pretty much this -

This is a prequel. So no, you can't have current Charlize or Hardy going back and trying to play an even younger version of themselves. It just doesn't work and its silly to even try.

So any argument "They should have stuck with Theron" makes zippo sense. They were never going to stick with her for this movie. Its a prequel. No 50 year old can realistically play a 25 year old (or younger) and they really shouldn't try.

For Theron to reprise her role, the movie would have to not be a prequel. It was always going to be a prequel - she was never an option to play the character.

For the NEXT movie (if its not a prequel too), that's a different discussion. And a different thread. =D
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

I get that they didn't want to spend too much money on practical effects, but this looks next level bad.

Fingers crossed that Taylor-Joy pulls it off tho, kind of starting to dig the eye gap.

Same issue as the previous trailer. To shiny, to chrome.

And I'd need to see more of Hemsworth. I don't think the "Thor:Ragnarok" comedy persona works for Mad Max. It has comedy but it played it off as being serious.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5+ Year Old Account
    They should just have called the movie Furiosa, shouldn't be called mad max n not feature mad max... that would be like doing a movie called james bond and not have him in it...lol wut?

and like others said, this looks too polished, and when it tries to be dirty its like some fashion designer has a go at it n it becomes so damn cringe..

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm here for it, looking forward to seeing more of this 'saga' and world by George Miller.

But I do understand the complaints of the world/trailer looking to 'bright and clean' compared to former Mad Max movies. I normally don't 'get' those complaints, but yeah, I see it here.

Does nothing to my enjoyment of the movie itself so that is neither a plus or minus to me. Just a difference that I noticed that others are commenting on. It definitely has a "crisper" look than the "dingy/dirtiness" of the older movies.

I am glad though we're not using the overdone 90s greywash though. I'll take crispy over 90s noir. =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Furiosa has a 15-minute action sequence that took 200 stunt people 78 days to shoot

https://www.gamesradar.com/furiosa-a...nce-interview/