Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Have been picking this game up, the steam forum made me almost not pick it up....
    it's unbelievable how many people make shit up just because they are seriously bad in playing this game, saying that playing on "hard" is impossible and what not.

Spawnrates seem to be broken according to Steamforums?
    Can't agree, maybe on defense missions because that's where like 50 bot drops happen in like a minute even on difficulty 6.
    But on a "normal" map? Nah man.

I also don't get why people want primary weapons buffed, that would just make support weapons useless.
    Primary weapons kill shit, they kill every smaller enemy and even medium enemy without problems.
    Only Chargers and Above and Hulks+Tanks are really a problem (but that's obviously intended)

Does everyone play this game Solo or how do these threads on that discussion pop up... I don't get it. It's really annoying how people almost dissuade me from getting a game, just because they can't cope with their own inabilities and can't be even remotely objective, on top of that, this will lead to really poorly desicisions by the devs when it comes to balancing and stuff.

Game gets a 7-8/10 from me, pretty good and very fun.
    worst part of it is the end-mission screen which takes *so-freaking-long* (did I miss a skip button or something?)
    Steam forums are a cesspit even by forum standards. It's Youtube comments level of discussion. I never go there or take them seriously. I play on difficulties 5 and 6 when in PuGs and most of my games are successes, once you get the mechanics the game's difficulty is just fine there. Of course sometimes there are dumbasses who run headfirst into automaton fire or throw stratagems on top of the team and get people killed but that's a skill issue that will happen in any game.

I do think some primaries could be buffed, but overall most do their job fine.

Stratagems is where the balance feels a bit more off for me. Most support weapons do have a role but many strats seem far too impractical for normal play. Maybe I need to test things more and not just always fall back to Eagle bombing run.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

Stratagems is where the balance feels a bit more off for me. Most support weapons do have a role but many strats seem far too impractical for normal play. Maybe I need to test things more and not just always fall back to Eagle bombing run.
    That rocket launcher that requires a companion beside you to reload or it takes an hour to reload lul
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have seen the "fake" screenshots of flying bugs...turns out they are real.

The amount of work the devs do to keep the game dynamic is crazy.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If you have seen the "fake" screenshots of flying bugs...turns out they are real.

I'm really glad that, at least after the initial mech nonsense, the community seems pretty aggressively hostile towards datamining and even roadmaps. Folks just wanna be surprised and experience things as they happen, and the mystery and intrigue is part of the fun. Are the blue lasers real? Are they shooped? Are they people confusing autocannon ricochets? who knows!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/...stroys_itself/

Warning: Mech is currently busted and blows up when firing missiles apparently. The attempted fix for this problem when it was turning apparently made it a problem all the time now lol.

Fuck those damn things. And the devs think a Hellbomb is a valid way to clear the nests? Buggers keep swarming like seagulls at a McDonald's. I drop a 500 KG on their ass and move on. At least the Breaker is good at skeet shooting them as they approach.

It was obvious they were real as soon as the CEO reacted to them on Twitter. If they are real, so is the Hive Lord.

I really enjoyed my first week playing this game, but man this week I have had crashes almost every mission. I really want to like and play this game, but if they don't get some fixes out soon for all these crashing issues, I might be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I really enjoyed my first week playing this game, but man this week I have had crashes almost every mission. I really want to like and play this game, but if they don't get some fixes out soon for all these crashing issues, I might be done.
    I didn't have any.
    But I heard Arcweapons have created this issue? I'm not using any, neither are my friends using any... maybe that's why I'm so far "crashless" 30 hours in.

Although, I had trouble joining my friends ship today, I had to do a verify of my files which fixed it (1 file had to be redownloaded)

"We have identified the cause of the freezes many players have been experiencing, and we're in the process of building a patch to fix it that should be ready to deploy early next week. In the meantime, we advise against using the Arc Thrower, Arc Shotgun, and Tesla Tower as those appear to be linked to the issue.

Thank you for your continued patience!"

We used the Tesla Tower, no crashes for us though.

Anyway, saw a picture of a stratagem that drops 6 soldiers onto the battlefield (screenshot of soldiers moving about). I do *so* hope that is true, that's the STUFF I LOVE.
    I love turrets, I love NPCs shooting stuff, I just love it.

It stated that it would be limited to two drops per mission I believe, a bummer... but god damn would I use that shit in every mission whatsoever.
    It's immersive as hell, I can already see myself dropping them with my buddys while we wait for extraction.

4 Helldivers, 24 soldiers (20 equipped with Liberators, 4 with MG-43), holding the line.

Fuck those damn things. And the devs think a Hellbomb is a valid way to clear the nests? Buggers keep swarming like seagulls at a McDonald's. I drop a 500 KG on their ass and move on. At least the Breaker is good at skeet shooting them as they approach.
    we usually use EATs from 500 meters away when we see the hive. Takes one EAT drop per "building". So 2-3 drops, since everyone runs it, it's getting instantly killed from far away most of the time.
    Obviously, only when we can actually see it from far away.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2024-03-23 at 02:37 AM.

What's the best warbond for weapons? Currently running the breaker
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Same, sadly, The likelyhood of a crash or disconnect just seems to go up as I play. I rarely get to 4 games without one or the other and it sucks.

You can use the arc primary from the new arc themed warbond to destroy them too from afar.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    You can use the arc primary from the new arc themed warbond to destroy them too from afar.
    Stay away from arc weapons atm as it leads to crashes usually as you are about to extract.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Hello guys its possible play this game and enjoy with pure matchmaking ? honestly all my friends stop playing games loong ago so if my XP wouldnt be interupt too much if i play only MM

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    Hello guys its possible play this game and enjoy with pure matchmaking ? honestly all my friends stop playing games loong ago so if my XP wouldnt be interupt too much if i play only MM
    sure, it's lobby based like mhw but with guns, you can start a mission and launch SOS beacon or join other players' missions
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, this game has seriously been the most fun I've had gaming in fucking YEARS.
    Been having so much fun playing this the past month with my buddy! FOR FREEDOM! FOR MANAGED DEMOCRACY!! FOR SUPER EARTH!!!!

And for Eagle 1 <3
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

New quasar cannon makes railgun useless tbf
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    New quasar cannon makes railgun useless tbf
    Big yellow ball make machines go poof
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Malevelon creek is so bad, so glad it ended, getting shot from every direction plus cannon towers shooting at you from 2 miles
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

New gunships on higher difficulties are night impossible, jammed near the ship buildings too when your going to destroy them or atleast the ones we tried. Everyone had the new quzar(spelling) gun too but still extremely hard.

Just tried a couple so far though guess you need to rush that building they come from.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2024-04-02 at 05:20 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Just ran a mission with a friend on difficulty lvl 4 as thats the highest I've been able to do solo so far and we never died once, but omg there were so many hulks and tanks and I had never actually seen a tank before today, hell of a fun mission though.