Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    One writer never even seen Star Wars is one. As I said, not necessarily a red flag, but I personally would want writers aware of the source material. It is fine if they aren't a "fan" of the material, but some understanding of it is necessary.
    Why is having the perspective of someone new to the lore a bad thing though? Leslie Headland said she didn't want just die-hards writing but a mixture. Plus a quote from her implies that the ones that haven't seen Star Wars familiarized themselves with the lore once hired. She didn't look for the entire team of writers to be new to the lore so this isn't a red flag as some understanding exists. An interview she gave on it is long but covers the topic of writers room and new-to-lore vs die-hard perspectives: https://www.avclub.com/leslye-headla...s-y-1847118044

Your second example of a potential red flag is strange given the first one. You say the show should draw in new viewers and not be just for die-hard fans without having writers on the team that can give the perspective of new to Star Wars viewers. These are only red flags if people are looking for something to nitpick over. They are perfectly fine approaches to a show
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why is having the perspective of someone new to the lore a bad thing though? Leslie Headland said she didn't want just die-hards writing but a mixture. Plus a quote from her implies that the ones that haven't seen Star Wars familiarized themselves with the lore once hired. She didn't look for the entire team of writers to be new to the lore so this isn't a red flag as some understanding exists. An interview she gave on it is long but covers the topic of writers room and new-to-lore vs die-hard perspectives: https://www.avclub.com/leslye-headla...s-y-1847118044

Your second example of a potential red flag is strange given the first one. You say the show should draw in new viewers and not be just for die-hard fans without having writers on the team that can give the perspective of new to Star Wars viewers. These are only red flags if people are looking for something to nitpick over. They are perfectly fine approaches to a show
    As I said, I don't see them as red flags. However, I can see why they would be for some.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    As I said, I don't see them as red flags. However, I can see why they would be for some.
    They shouldn't be for anyone. For example Tony Gilroy said his "superpower" was not being a life long fan of Star Wars and that gave us Rogue One and Andor. He became a fan over the course of his work. Having creatives of varying viewpoints and knowledge of the lore is a good thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't be for anyone. For example Tony Gilroy said his "superpower" was not being a life long fan of Star Wars and that gave us Rogue One and Andor. He became a fan over the course of his work. Having creatives of varying viewpoints and knowledge of the lore is a good thing.
    Should is not relevant here. We are dealing with what is.

Some people feel you shouldn't work on projects you don't understand the material.
    Some people feel that you should make material for the pre-existing fans.

You are free to not considered these red flags. You are free to believe the people who think they are are being silly.
    But, should does not matter here. You don't get to choose someone else's red flags here.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay? That is what I saying. The people that think it is a red flag are wrong. Lol. I'm not sure why you are confused about it. Some things just are not valid viewpoints. You know that because you've called others views invalid or "not right" before.

I get where people are coming from with their concerns, but this right here is really at the core of everything.

Only results matter. I don't give a shit about the background of the people who made those results happen, only about the results themselves. Never seen a SW movie in your life? If you make a good show, I couldn't care less that you haven't even heard of this property before. And in exactly the same way, having seen every SW project ever made and being able to name every member of the Cantina band from the kloo player to the jizz wailer does not do jack shit if what you produce isn't a good show.

It's as simple as that. No points for trying, no points for pedigree. That's for the production and finance people to worry about, not the viewers. For us, the only thing that should matter is is it a good show, Yes or No. It all starts and stops there.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I get where people are coming from with their concerns, but this right here is really at the core of everything.

Only results matter. I don't give a shit about the background of the people who made those results happen, only about the results themselves. Never seen a SW movie in your life? If you make a good show, I couldn't care less that you haven't even heard of this property before. And in exactly the same way, having seen every SW project ever made and being able to name every member of the Cantina band from the kloo player to the jizz wailer does not do jack shit if what you produce isn't a good show.

It's as simple as that. No points for trying, no points for pedigree. That's for the production and finance people to worry about, not the viewers. For us, the only thing that should matter is is it a good show, Yes or No. It all starts and stops there.
    Yeah, but since the show is not up yet, why not speculate with stuff we already know?

Final opinion should be formed for a finished product, sure, but what people are discussing here has nothing to do with your post atm. You're essentially gatekeeping by saying "shut up, watch it, whine later".
    /spit@Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Final opinion should be formed for a finished product, sure, but what people are discussing here has nothing to do with your post atm. You're essentially gatekeeping by saying "shut up, watch it, whine later".
    It's not gate keeping but showing how those "flags" don't really mean anything. We even have proof that they don't mean anything since Rogue One is widely praised and it had a person who wasn't really a fan, Tony Gilroy, come in and turn it into what we know it as. So inexperience with the lore doesn't mean a story will be bad. It doesn't mean it will be good either.

So if quality can be good or bad with those red flags why even have them be red flags?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not gate keeping but showing how those "flags" don't really mean anything. We even have proof that they don't mean anything since Rogue One is widely praised and it had a person who wasn't really a fan, Tony Gilroy, come in and turn it into what we know it as. So inexperience with the lore doesn't mean a story will be bad. It doesn't mean it will be good either.

So if quality can be good or bad with those red flags why even have them be red flags?
    So Gilroy not being a SW fan is a proof about making good product nonetheless, but Dune 2 casting isn't a proof of Hollywood wanting more females in the movie.

Gotcha.

Also, it's discussion. People express their worries.
    /spit@Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    So Gilroy not being a SW fan is a proof about making good product nonetheless, but Dune 2 casting isn't a proof of Hollywood wanting more females in the movie.
    Why are you bringing another thread over here? As I told you already Dune 2 casting choices is not evidence that Fantastic Four did the same things for the same reasons. Of course people can express their worries. They can also be told those worries are not something to be worried about.

There are no red flags in any interviews about Acolyte. There is no reason to approach every Star Wars thing as bad from the get go. Why even watch or discuss them if that is what you honestly think of the stuff? Why surround yourself with things you don't like and are pretty sure you won't like.
    There is a number of reasons, in no particular order:
    1. Kennedy
    2. Mando s3
    3. Kenobi the (clown)show
    4. Assoka
    5. the Rey trilogy
    6. the book of Boba Shitt and his Wonderful Zoomers on Gyroscooters
    7. the firing of Gina Carrano

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    all signs say its going to be even worse than that. Ashoka at Least had a few good characters like Baylan and his sidekick
    You're absolutely right, Baelon's acting was really pleasing to watch.
    His sidekick's plotline, though...felt wonky and aimless, for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay? That is what I saying. The people that think it is a red flag are wrong. Lol. I'm not sure why you are confused about it. Some things just are not valid viewpoints. You know that because you've called others views invalid or "not right" before.
    They aren't "wrong." Red flags aren't universal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I am only pointing out what people have as concerns. What are red flags for them. Red flags aren't something everyone shares, they aren't a universal thing.

Just because you aren't bothered by something or for you it isn't a red flag doesn't mean for someone else they are wrong.

Again, personally, I prefer when someone is familiar with the material to be involved. There are cases where someone unfamiliar makes amazing work, but there are also tons of examples where someone unfamiliar with the material messes it up. I don't call it a red flag personally because it is not a guarantee of something bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PgStckr View Post
    There is a number of reasons, in no particular order:
    1. Kennedy
    2. Mando s3
    3. Kenobi the (clown)show
    4. Assoka
    5. the Rey trilogy
    6. the book of Boba Shitt and his Wonderful Zoomers on Gyroscooters
    7. the firing of Gina Carrano
    Kennedy is not a red flag, she is a person and someone likely who been involved in a project you adore.
    Ahsoka and Kenobi were more loved than hated.
    Boba Fett wasn't that bad, it made some weird choices in the story.
    Only the Last Jedi is hated by fans, there are loud people about the other two but they are actually liked movies.
    Gina got herself fired. Disney is known for a very strict social media policy, they have made people publicly apologized and even called John Boyega in for his activism AFTER the sequel trilogy was complete.

Stop believing loud opinions are majority opinion.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Stop believing loud opinions are majority opinion.
    and how are you sure what you said here are not just opinions from the minority?

Disney is known for a very strict social media policy
    only when they want

15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't "wrong." Red flags aren't universal.
    Just because they are not universal doesn't make them right. Opinions can be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Kennedy is not a red flag.
    It is hilarious you tell someone else that something is not a red flag while telling me I can't say something is not a red flag.

there is like 5 star wars tv shows.
    The Clone Wars
    Rebels
    The Mandalorian
    Resistance
    The bad batch
    Andor
    Boba Fett
    Tales of the jedi
    Kenobi
    Ahsoka

And that's if your restrict yourself to the canon ones.
    MMO Champs :

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    The Clone Wars
    Rebels
    The Mandalorian
    Resistance
    The bad batch
    Andor
    Boba Fett
    Tales of the jedi
    Kenobi
    Ahsoka

And that's if your restrict yourself to the canon ones.
    i was only counting live action ones. The animations are made different, from what i heard they are ok. I just don't like the animation style.

i was only counting live action ones. The animations are made different, from what i heard they are ok. I just don't like the animation style.
    They are made by the same people. Like, Dave Filoni is the main showrunner of all of them, except Andor and Kenobi.
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    and how are you sure what you said here are not just opinions from the minority?
    Given that shows labeled as "shit" by people akin to you are loved more than hated, yes. They are minority. Example: Kenobi there are a lot of people who liked it. It has a 62% of Rotten Tomatoes positive audience rating. A 7.1 out of 10 on IMDB with the highest two ratings being 7 and 8. But, you hear people crapping on it far more often ... however, unless you have proof that these numbers are artificially inflated, people liked it.

Ahsoka is the same way. There are a lot of loud people upset, doesn't make the majority. There is no evidence to support it besides loudness. And being loud doesn't mean you are right or a majority.

Even the weakest live action show: Book of Boba Fett has a 53% on Rotten Tomatoes, and a 7.2 on IMDB. There is little to no evidence that the people whining about Disney Star Wars are the majority. I am not saying this is evidence they are good, just evidence that more people have positive opinions than negative on these projects. Again, loud doesn't mean majority. Most people in reality don't care.

only when they want
    Tell that to the Disney actors who disagree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because they are not universal doesn't make them right. Opinions can be wrong.
    Red flags are basically just "This is a deal break for me" or "This has me worried." It cannot be wrong. It is like saying someone who thinks asparagus is disgusting is "wrong."

It is hilarious you tell someone else that something is not a red flag while telling me I can't say something is not a red flag.
    I explained why Kennedy isn't a red flag. She been connected to so many things in Hollywood that it is statistically impossible for someone to dislike everything she has been a part of. So, she not a red flag because she's just there.

You didn't explain that, Rhole. You just went "That's not a red flag because it is silly."

Even then, labeling a person a red flag is different than labeling a trait a red flag. These aren't the same thing, Rhole. We have no idea Kennedy's involvement in the project beyond signing off on it and paying the bills. (and before "YOU MENTIONED A WRITER!" The issue there is the writer hasn't seen Star Wars, it isn't the person but the trait they have. And it is a trait they can change, Kennedy can't change from being herself).
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2024-04-16 at 02:27 PM.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    They are made by the same people. Like, Dave Filoni is the main showrunner of all of them, except Andor and Kenobi.
    I said they are made different, not from different people. The work on a animation is very different from a live action, characters, narrative, direction, real actors, so many stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Given that shows labeled as "shit" by people akin to you are loved more than hated, yes. They are minority.
    So its just your opinion, just like him, and you can't proof, got it.
    Example: Kenobi there are a lot of people who liked it. It has a 62% of Rotten Tomatoes positive audience rating.
    I find extremely funny when you and the others cherrypick shit like RT rating and IMDB, only using audience rating when its convenient

When the score is low: it was review bombed, it was the incels!
    when the score is high: It was LOVED!

It doesn't dawn on you that, at the same time people can review bomb for bad, they can for "good"? disney can inflate good reviews in their products with bots much more efficiently than random angry people on the internet

Even the weakest live action show: Book of Boba Fett has a 53% on Rotten Tomatoes
    The weakest would be mando season 3 with 51%

With bogus that it would get this low knowing how people foam over "baby yoda", so even being that bad it would have being higher, by knowing how these ratings work.

the only ratting in those shows i think(AND THAT IS MY OPINION) is true is andor and mando season 1/2, those shows were actually liked and talked about in positive light, the rest is just forgotten of how "meh" they were.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2024-04-16 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its just your opinion, just like him, and you can't proof, got it.
    Yes, if you ignore the proof later given.

I find extremely funny when you and the others cherrypick shit like RT rating and IMDB, only using audience rating when its convenient
    Cherrypick, another term you don't understand.

When the score is low: it was review bombed, it was the incels!
    when the score is high: It was LOVED!
    You can tell when something is getting reviewed bombed or boosted, my guy. If you have an influx of bad or high votes in a short period of time, it is bombed or boosted. These events are outliers and eventually get smoothed out over time, because strong opinions fade over time. This is why you can point to audience scores later on with more reliance than earlier, because the bumps get smooth with time.

It doesn't dawn on you that, at the same time people can review bomb for bad, they can for "good"? disney can inflate good reviews in their products with bots much more efficiently than random angry people on the internet?
    yes, that can happen. Do you have evidence to support it or you just spitting hypotheticals again? You can point to an influx of positive votes, that could be evidence of artificial inflation, I mentioned this in my last post. Why do you ask me a question that you have the answer to already?

The weakest would be mando season 3 with 51%
    That is The Mandalorian Season 3, not the show The Mandalorian. Even with that low season, the show the Mandalorian is still liked more than the Book of Boba Fett show.

Book of Boba fett is a show. Mandalorian Season 3 is a season of a show. If you are going to attempt "correct" me, do it correctly.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2024-04-16 at 03:11 PM.
    –The Sith Code