DH Lore & Backstories

How many DHs do we have who are into lore and backstories for their character? How many of you have read Illidan (the novel)? Not judging either way; there are many ways to enjoy WoW and you are just as legit regardless of whether you only care about gameplay or whether you geek out on your mind fantasies.

Do you have an idea of who you were before you underwent the transformation at Black Temple? Why did you accept Illidan's offer of power? How did you get there in the first place, i.e., what was your personal journey? What kind of demon did you slay and consume and has that affected who you are now? How have you reacted to Illidan's revival, the defeat of Sargeras, and Illidan choosing to remain with the Titans? What purpose have you identified for yourself since the Legion's demise? How do you fit in post-Legion? Where will you go from here?

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2024-03-22 at 04:30 PM. Reason: picture

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I only know lore-stuff when Platinum WoW releases a video.
    So all i know about DH is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I only know lore-stuff when Platinum WoW releases a video.
    So all i know about DH is this:
    Thanks for sharing; that was well-done video. True to the lore as I know it. So have you given any thought to how your particular DH found their way to Black Temple? What they did before then? How they've handled life post-Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

The video you linked led me to this video, addressing some of these same questions:

The path of Illysana Ravencrest:

After her father was assassinated on orders from Lord Varo'then, Illysanna's hubris began to crumble away and she started to question everything and everyone. She searched for a way to strike back at the Legion and make them suffer as she had, and in doing so, realized that while Illidan was cold and arrogant, he was right in that fighting the demons meant making sacrifices. But in the wake of Kur'talos's death, Illidan had vanished, with rumors among the resistance saying he had died, and others saying he had betrayed them to the demons. But confident that he was still on their side and working in the shadows, Illysanna left to go find him and walk in his footsteps.

Illysanna eventually became a demon hunter and was locked up in the Vault of the Wardens in the aftermath of the War of the Ancients, and freed ten thousand years later, along with the Illidari who had been captured on Mardum, by Maiev Shadowsong.[4] After escaping her prison, Illysanna assisted The Slayer in retrieving the Twinblades of the Deceiver from Varedis Felsoul. Unfortunately, she was shot down from the sky and was sacrificed on a Legion's altar.[5] Later on, she returned and briefly appeared in the retaken Fel Hammer and later made her way to Black Rook Hold. There, she was tempted to becoming Felsworn by Cordana Felsong,[6] stuck in her demon form and believing it to be the War of the Ancients, along with the ghosts. As a result, during the purging of the keep, Illysanna was forced to be put down as she could not see that the adventurers were, in fact, her former allies.

As she was transformed into a demon, her soul very likely returned to the Twisting Nether.

- - - Updated - - -

Hastily Scralwed Note from Illysana (item can be found in game):

What I felt after my father's passing is not for you to know. That pain is mine to keep. Mine to use. But I will say that my views changed. My hubris crumbled away. I questioned everything and everyone. I searched for a way to strike back at the Legion, for a weapon to make the demons suffer as much as I had.

And in that searching, I realized that Illidan had been right all along. Though he was cold and arrogant, he had been effective. He understood that to defeat the demons, we must make sacrifices. We must forgo our fear and apprehension, and embrace the unknown.

In the wake of my father's death, Illidan disappeared. Rumors spread concerning his whereabouts. Some elves claimed he had died. Others said that he had abandoned the resistance and joined the demons. Do not believe these lies. Illidan is still on our side. He is working from the shadows to uncover the Legion's weaknesses. No matter how questionable his methods may be, they are necessary.

I go now to find him, to walk in his footsteps and learn what I can about our enemy. Where this path will lead, I do not know. But I will do whatever I must to avenge my father and save our race from extinction.

If you wish to do the same, come find me.

-Illysanna Ravencrest