View Poll Results: do you enjoy plunderstorm?

Voters
128. This poll is closed
  • i hate plunderstorm, i play it just for the rewards

69 53.91%
  • i really love plunderstorm its so fun

59 46.09%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dislike Plunderstorm for what it is: A spiteful ganker skinner box

And i do not even play it for the rewards. Could probably be different if it yielded progression.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    I dislike Plunderstorm for what it is: A spiteful ganker skinner box

And i do not even play it for the rewards. Could probably be different if it yielded progression.
    You want WoW to be a single player MMO of course you don't like Plunderstorm...

7+ Year Old Account
    I try to get 700 plunder a match and then surrender myself to the storm or whatever player attacks me

There's too much of a ping diference when being matched with Americans in this mode to care about winning a match
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I try to get 700 plunder a match and then surrender myself to the storm or whatever player attacks me

There's too much of a ping diference when being matched with Americans in this mode to care about winning a match
    Sure does sound like you're having fun!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Sure does sound like you're having fun!
    Im getting out as soon as I get the pirate mog
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Collecting rewards is fun.
    The person I quoted said "i hate every second of it"

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    You want WoW to be a single player MMO of course you don't like Plunderstorm...
    I would not even like it if i liked large groups.

I wait until the crazies are gone and hope for the time when the more relaxed crowd shows up. Hoping for some minutes of "pve" in every game. I kinda love the final transmog set...would love to know how long the event goes, but so far after doing just a couple of games, I am still putting it off.

I don't understand the plan for this game. Making it require a sub has subjected it to only being played by the same min/maxing idiots who infect retail and classic.

Should have not required a sub and marketed as a battle royal, then it would have attracted outside players which could potentially lead to new subs for people being exposed to wow through this mode. It's one of those strange situations where it still shows Blizz has no idea what's really going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I don't understand the plan for this game. Making it require a sub has subjected it to only being played by the same min/maxing idiots who infect retail and classic.

Should have not required a sub and marketed as a battle royal, then it would have attracted outside players which could potentially lead to new subs for people being exposed to wow through this mode. It's one of those strange situations where it still shows Blizz has no idea what's really going on.
    TINFOIL HAT TIME:

Initial Exposure leading into WoW Plunderstorm Mobile and/or Console
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I can see people liking it or not. That is subjective to each their own on every game or game mode. So ok, not liking it or liking it is fine.

But toxic? I think the whole way to my grind to 40 I never had like one thing in chat said to me.. ever.. its literally just playing a game. Is someone trying to kill you in a pvp game toxic? Thats odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    The landing 1 shots elites and they also get stunned when they land so either you followed someone in which is your own fault or someone follower you in and you were too slow to click on the ability? (Or just hit F). Again these sound very much like "you" problems.

Cooler zones, dungeons or a world PvP zone would likely take more time than Plunderstorm has to develop.
    I don't agree that it's a them problem.

I tested this last night after realizing it seemed wonky, sometimes the interact key won't pick an item up unless you're pixel perfect on top of it. Clicking on the item is far more reliable and gives you a further range to pick it up from.

There are other issues I have with the mode after playing it a bit more but Blizzard could definitely polish this up more and it would be great. Like, the parrot shouldn't lock you into diving. If you start to dive and realize there's too many people landing near you, you should be able to pull out of the dive and glide a bit further away. Being unable to adjust your landing spot is weird since games like Fortnite let you glide whenever while you're falling.

There's some weird bug interactions too, like I hit a guy dead on using arcane orb with no other mobs around while he was healing, I saw the damage number pop up, but he still kept channeling his heal.

There's too much of a gap when people get movement abilities in terms of escaping and chasing. The starting barrel is fine because it's a free get out of jail card basically, but when some people have like feyform and the leap or invis port, it becomes impossible to catch them or escape from them. Would be better to just have sprint on a CD baseline or something instead of being able to stack movement.

Also even with the mob changes, it's still far too easy if you land somewhere safer to end up feeling stuck at like level 5-6 and once mobs are dead there's just no way to find anything to level up from besides other players who are usually level 9 with like epic abilities. If levels are going to play into it, they should add more spawns in as the storm shrinks to make it a more even playing field, as currently the mode feels far too snowbally. Even in other games like Fortnite, to compare again, if you land and instantly get a legendary from one of the special bosses of that season, other players can still obtain legendaries and epics from other locations, hell you can even upgrade a weapon from common up to epic at crafting locations.

I enjoy the mode in small doses currently, just aiming to get my daily out of the way at least but it still can get really frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Plunderstorm seems interesting, but WoW PvP isn't for me, and as such I'm unlikely to put any real time into Plunderstorm before it goes away whenever that's supposed to happen. I don't really understand the notion that everything in a theme-park MMO needs to be for me explicitly - WoW has a lot of mechanics, types of gameplay, and other frills that simply aren't my cup of tea. I don't PvP, I don't do hardcore/Mythic raiding, etc. It's fine for WoW to have multiple avenues of play that aren't appealing to me personally, and if you've enjoyed Plunderstorm, more power to you. The pirate-themed xmog is pretty cool, too; but like mythic CE mounts, I'll have to regretfully pass on it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I dislike plunderstorm and i wont ever touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    I appreciate blizzard for wanting to try new stuff, but plunderstorm is just horrible, and 99% of players just grind it for the rewards, its probably top 3 worst grinds in wow's history reminiscing of vanilla or tbc times.

Its just plain boring and a horrible experience i cant gather the words to describe this mess, i am a wow player since 2006 and i dont think ive ever seen such a horrible patch in wow.

I dont enjoy it but im pushing thru because i want the rewards, the only good part about plunderstorm is the cool rewards other than that its just a traumatising experience, i hate every second of it, wow is a mmorpg not a br mini game, we dont need this temporary battlepass repetitive kind of shit that comes from shooters, ITS TOXIC

the flow of the gameplay is just bad, from the bad control of the parrot that you ride, to the fact that surviving is not rewarded only the last survivor gets 500renown, it promotes a grindy play style, i just get in do the quest asap and then i can die because anything after that is a waste of time, there is not much plunder left on the map, there is no point to survive until the end because the chance of getting nr1 is very low

we dont need BR in wow, we already have plenty of real pvp, we have battlegrounds, arenas, solo shuffle, rated bgs, world quests/world pvp, REAL PVP with REAL BALANCED ABILITIES, not this stupid RNG crap, not knowing which spell you get in each match, if i wanna play BR ill play warzone.

and finally it splits the retail playerbase, leading to longer ques on normal servers, i hope it will stay just a temporary game mode and not a permanent adition to wow, if anyone wants to play BR they should go play fortnite or warzone
    "People play the game for the rewards"

Well...congratulations. You just mansplained all of gaming back to us.

I appreciate Blizzard trying new stuff, and that's a good thing, but i have no interest in this sort of game\event, and i'll gladly pass all the rewards tied into it.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I think it's fine to give pvp a special event from time to time. Beyond this being limited-time, the only thing that really bugs me is how they put trader tender on there as rewards. I used to pvp a lot, but now I'm burned out on it and disinterested. The transmog could have just been "Oh, that's pvp transmog. I can safely ignore it." Same with the mount. But once you throw that tender in, it makes you feel somewhat forced to do it. I'm about to just hand wave it off though, as I'd rather be doing pve stuff on my real characters.
    Is there some extra tender there? How to get it? What am I missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Is there some extra tender there? How to get it? What am I missing?
    At two renown levels (Forgot which off the top of my head) there's 250 and 500 tenders as rewards.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleEscalation View Post
    The person I quoted said "i hate every second of it"
    I hate every second of excercise but do this because effort is worth it. Thats make the bad parts doable.

I mean, sure? But it's a free, dumb mini game that you don't need to play. It's not like you need to play this in order to get through a raid or something. Why get so heated over something that you can literally ignore and never click on? It's like getting mad over some toy that you think has a stupid effect.