10+ Year Old Account

Sargeras need a portal to reach Azeroth, what about the other Titans

I'm sure the answer to this must have come up at some point but I can't recall reading it.

Sargeras needed a massively powerful portal opened so he could fast travel to Azeroth, but what about the other members of the Titan Pantheon? They discovered and Ordered Azeroth and then moved on to meet with Sargeras, did they make use of a similar portal to reach him? Or having found Azeroth, are they able to more easily return to it (did they set their hearthstone there or something?)

Don't try to make sense of the abortion that is Legion's lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm sure the answer to this must have come up at some point but I can't recall reading it.

Sargeras needed a massively powerful portal opened so he could fast travel to Azeroth, but what about the other members of the Titan Pantheon? They discovered and Ordered Azeroth and then moved on to meet with Sargeras, did they make use of a similar portal to reach him? Or having found Azeroth, are they able to more easily return to it (did they set their hearthstone there or something?)
    I THINK, and its only THINK, sargeras doesn't know where Azeroth is. He knows of it, and demons use portals and such, so that may be the reason. I'm fairly sure its mentioned somewhere.

Sargeras never knew exactly where Azeroth was. Aggramar knew where it was because he found it and told the others, so they knew how to get there.

I think Sargeras could have got here himself eventually but it would be very inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Don't try to make sense of the abortion that is Legion's lore.
    War of the Ancients isn't Legion lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Sargeras needed a massively powerful portal opened so he could fast travel to Azeroth, but what about the other members of the Titan Pantheon? By chance, they discovered and Ordered Azeroth and then moved on to meet with Sargeras, did they make use of a similar portal to reach him? Or having found Azeroth, are they able to more easily return to it (did they set their hearthstone there or something?)
    According to Chronicle Vol. 1 and the Legion reveal trailer, the Pantheon was always searching for other planets playing host to Titanic worldsouls and in their travels, they discovered Azeroth infected with the parasitic Old Gods and waged war (the Ordering of Azeroth) on the Old Gods and their enslaved Elemental Lords to secure and rehabilitate Azeroth's worldsoul accordingly.

I would presume the Titans made use of their waygate technology to establish travel between regions of the cosmos they had previously ordered, the same or similar structures that we see in locations like Sholazar Basin, Un'Goro, Deepholm, and Neltharion's Vault. It would explain their ability to return to Azeroth and travel to a location like Nihilam, which may have been important to the Titans before it became the Doom World and a Legion stronghold.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    According to Chronicle Vol. 1 and the Legion reveal trailer, the Pantheon was always searching for other planets playing host to Titanic worldsouls and in their travels, they discovered Azeroth infected with the parasitic Old Gods and waged war (the Ordering of Azeroth) on the Old Gods and their enslaved Elemental Lords to secure and rehabilitate Azeroth's worldsoul accordingly.

I would presume the Titans made use of their waygate technology to establish travel between regions of the cosmos they had previously ordered, the same or similar structures that we see in locations like Sholazar Basin, Un'Goro, Deepholm, and Neltharion's Vault. It would explain their ability to return to Azeroth and travel to a location like Nihilam, which may have been important to the Titans before it became the Doom World and a Legion stronghold.
    Hmm, I think a waygate network makes sense - an established system the Pantheon were building as they went. Possibly they shut it down when Sargeras betrayed them so he couldn't make use of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Hmm, I think a waygate network makes sense - an established system the Pantheon were building as they went. Possibly they shut it down when Sargeras betrayed them so he couldn't make use of it.
    I would assume the Pantheon would've locked Sargeras out of their waygate network out of an abundance of caution when he left their ranks over their differences in philosophy (e.g. Sargeras' vehement opinion that the universe must be purged of all life). It would make sense as Sargeras, even before his corruption from Fel energies, would've still been a danger to any other worldsouls that the Pantheon had discovered such as Azeroth herself. Sargeras was committed to his approach to stopping the corruption of the Void Lords and had already sundered Telogrus (presumably) without the benefit of Fel corruption.

I also think that the precedent of the Titans being able to teleport themselves was established with the Seat of the Pantheon in Legion, a location they seem to "beam" themselves to more or less at will, after being freed from their imprisonment in Antorus. The Seat, given its importance, is probably a keystone of the Pantheon's waygate network.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Sargeras was more powerful than all the other Titans combined, as shown at Nihilam where he easily killed Aggramar and proceeded to destroy the rest of the Pantheon with a massive Felstorm.

Sargeras is just built differrent, therefore a larger portal was required for him to come to Azeroth.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Pretty sure being bound to another plane of existence and being massively powerful makes the rules a tad different.
    Argus needed to truly die to pass the barrier between the Shadowlands and reality in example, and wrecked it pretty hard in the process. And creatures native to other planes need to be summoned / portalled in usually, demons especially.

And then there is the issue of finding a place in the constant shifting chaos of cosmic reality; planets do not sit still in space, so finding it once may not be enough.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Pretty sure being bound to another plane of existence and being massively powerful makes the rules a tad different.
    Argus needed to truly die to pass the barrier between the Shadowlands and reality in example, and wrecked it pretty hard in the process. And creatures native to other planes need to be summoned / portalled in usually, demons especially.

And then there is the issue of finding a place in the constant shifting chaos of cosmic reality; planets do not sit still in space, so finding it once may not be enough.
    There doesn't seem to be any evidence that Sargeras was himself bound to the plane of Disorder or the Twisting Nether, given his ability to show up bodily at Azeroth twice and his appearance on the homeworld of the Aldrachi apparently without the need of the world being a Legion stronghold at the time. Sargeras does require a lot of energy to make use of portals to arrive at locations, though - which otherwise relegates him to physical movement through the cosmos to reach Azeroth. I would also assume Sargeras can make use of the Legion's own portal network to move between Legion strongholds and worlds.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Sargeras was more powerful than all the other Titans combined, as shown at Nihilam where he easily killed Aggramar and proceeded to destroy the rest of the Pantheon with a massive Felstorm.

Sargeras is just built differrent, therefore a larger portal was required for him to come to Azeroth.
    Or, more likely, none of them were prepared for the sudden overpowering use of Fel magic he now possessed, and likely a much more chaotic and frenzied fighting style. If your defenses are tuned for one type of damage, and suddenly the enemy uses another out of nowhere, you're gonna lose.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Or, more likely, none of them were prepared for the sudden overpowering use of Fel magic he now possessed, and likely a much more chaotic and frenzied fighting style. If your defenses are tuned for one type of damage, and suddenly the enemy uses another out of nowhere, you're gonna lose.
    Irrelevant. The end result is the same.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Irrelevant. The end result is the same.
    It's not, though. Your argument is, "Oh, he was SO STRONG he overpowered all of them with PURE POWER and won. " when in reality it was more likely he caught them all off-guard, basically using a surprise attack to take them all out. Had they known what he was capable of and prepared for it, things would've been far different.

It's not, though. Your argument is, "Oh, he was SO STRONG he overpowered all of them with PURE POWER and won. " when in reality it was more likely he caught them all off-guard, basically using a surprise attack to take them all out. Had they known what he was capable of and prepared for it, things would've been far different.
    Uhm, they were already aware that Sargeras was overflowing with Fel energy because they saw him kill Aggramar. At which point they launched their all-out assault on the Dark Titan, which ended in failure.

Oh, he was SO STRONG he overpowered all of them with PURE POWER and won.
    It's literally what happened.

I see no point in continuing this useless digression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Uhm, they were already aware that Sargeras was overflowing with Fel energy because they saw him kill Aggramar. At which point they launched their all-out assault on the Dark Titan, which ended in failure.
    Sargeras cleaved Aggramar in half, he didn't use his Fel power to kill him. While I also don't think his attack on the rest of the Pantheon was a surprise, per se; I don't know if they were aware of their preexisting vulnerability to Fel energies, either. Since Sargeras and Aggramar were the Titans chosen to go toe-to-toe with demons beforehand, this may not have been common knowledge or readily understood, either. Or perhaps they discounted just how deeply corrupted and empowered by Fel Sargeras ended up being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Sargeras cleaved Aggramar in half, he didn't use his Fel power to kill him. While I also don't think his attack on the rest of the Pantheon was a surprise, per se; I don't know if they were aware of their preexisting vulnerability to Fel energies, either. Since Sargeras and Aggramar were the Titans chosen to go toe-to-toe with demons beforehand, this may not have been common knowledge or readily understood, either. Or perhaps they discounted just how deeply corrupted and empowered by Fel Sargeras ended up being.
    Yes, this is what I was trying to say. If they actually knew a little more about the Fel and had a chance to prepare for it before the fight, things would've likely been much different. And it also may have been them underestimating him too, that's a good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yes, this is what I was trying to say. If they actually knew a little more about the Fel and had a chance to prepare for it before the fight, things would've likely been much different. And it also may have been them underestimating him too, that's a good point.
    I think the main reason for their defeat was mostly underestimating him, although I'd say the two things dovetail into one another neatly as well - their lack of preparation speaks of overconfidence on the Pantheon's part. The biggest sticking point I'd have with the narrative as it is would be with Aman'Thul's essential omniscience due to his ability to see the whole of time, but like Destiny of the Endless (from the Sandman by Neil Gaiman) I also tend to assume that the end result of Aman'Thul's omniscience is that he essentially does what fate dictates he must do, even if that includes nearly dying to Sargeras' Fel power. Aman'Thul, sadly, may have little to no actual free will due to his own nature.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence that Sargeras was himself bound to the plane of Disorder or the Twisting Nether, given his ability to show up bodily at Azeroth twice and his appearance on the homeworld of the Aldrachi apparently without the need of the world being a Legion stronghold at the time. Sargeras does require a lot of energy to make use of portals to arrive at locations, though - which otherwise relegates him to physical movement through the cosmos to reach Azeroth. I would also assume Sargeras can make use of the Legion's own portal network to move between Legion strongholds and worlds.
    I worded that poorly, i meant it similar to Argus' infusion with death energies, as Sargeras is a veritable living felstorm. Not that he is confined to the Twisting Nether (though i believe it has been stated that massive amounts of fel energy can in fact weaken the barriers between planes such as near the planet Argus or on Outland), but rather that his nature as one of the most powerful fel-infused creatures in Warcraft would interfere with his interactions with most transportation magics.

So yeah he seems to mostly be bound to other modes of transportation still.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.