Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Plunderstorm made me install Fortnite again. . . I'm unsure if that means it's a pretty okay battle royal, but just lacking compared to the seasoned options (never got into pubg), but I only got to renown 3 before I wanted to play fortnite instead.

I'd say it's a success, since I'd assume not everyone vibes with BR games, but I was playing them a lot 5-6 years ago, so revisiting them was a weird surprise that burnt out a lot quicker than expected, but it's definitely held back by not being stand-alone IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It is a battle royal in wow, nothing you can say changes that.
    And yes, the game is full of much bigger grinds, ones that are not "questing" but stuff like farming the same mobs for hours.
    but are they something to get excited about is what I keep trying to ask. a grind is a grind. you can chose to do it or not to do it for the reward and you might be interested in a reward (which is the only reason I'm participating in plunderstorm) but is THE GRIND as a mode in any way exciting? and again - just because there are lots of grinds, doen't mean that its all there is to MMO's (I mean to some sure, but that's why I don't play those specific MMOs)

P.S. I'm sorry but I do not find diet battle royale innovative, just because its wearing WoW skin. they are jumping on an existing trend. for some people it might be exciting, sure whatever. but it is NOT innovative.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2024-03-29 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    "Hard at work"... Debatable.

This time don't keep it a secret because man was Blunderstorm an underwhelming secret.
    You know for someone who really hates WoW, you sure as fuck can't seem to stop commenting on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    He really is a bad faith poster though. Not only 100% constant negativity but he only replies to people he agrees with or who agree with him, never engaging in actual discussion.
    And if we don't acknowledge him he'll eventually get bored and find something else to do

As it stands he alone makes me happy Prof X is dead in X-Men 97
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    And if we don't acknowledge him he'll eventually get bored and find something else to do

As it stands he alone makes me happy Prof X is dead in X-Men 97
    Well thanks. I hadn’t watched that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Well thanks. I hadn’t watched that yet.
    I mean spoilers for the season finale like 27 years ago?
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    I'm sorry but you are calling it blunderstorm, saying it's shit but also say it should be F2P so it would blow up in terms of popularity? It's either shit or it isn't?
    AMEN

Some people just want to be mad and argue.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean spoilers for the season finale like 27 years ago?
    oh I thought he died in X-Men 97. disregard then.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're gonna make new modes, cater to BOTH of your audiences, not just one.

Sincerely, everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    If you're gonna make new modes, cater to BOTH of your audiences, not just one.

Sincerely, everyone involved.
    But...they are...
    Thats the post Did anyone read the post?

Oh god, now they'll think Plunderstorm is a great success and not a symptom of actual WoW PVP being garbage and people wanting to play some fun PVP.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    But...they are...
    Thats the post Did anyone read the post?
    they definitely didn't

they definitely didn't
    Am i reading it incorrectly or something?
    Holly Longdale implied on the post the "next big secret thing we have planned to be soon revealed" will be PvE. Right?

I assume something as crazy as Plunderstorm? But PvE.

I might be reading it wrong, i have no idea at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holly Longdale implied on the post the "next big secret thing we have planned to be soon revealed" will be PvE. Right?

Could be Timerunning? It's clearly worded to sound like something related to Timewalking buy they could pull a wacky spin on it. Plus its the only thing that really stands out on the roadmap - everything else reads as normal stuff.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Could be Timerunning? It's clearly worded to sound like something related to Timewalking buy they could pull a wacky spin on it. Plus its the only thing that really stands out on the roadmap - everything else reads as normal stuff.
    Why is it worded to sound it will be something timewalking related? i dont see it
    Im talking about this part:

This seems like the next "new experiment, secret thing, up their sleeves" is PvE.
    I assume is something crazy but could be wrong.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

assuming it is nothing mentioned in the roadmap for 10.2.7, it could be a Plunderstorm esque event. there are lots of options there, you could have one where it is solely PvE but it's a race to get as much plunder as possible within a timeframe. They also have the ability to make it completely PvE, using AI in the same way Comp Stomp is done.

edit: could be the new affixes they have for Fated raids. I am assuming they aren't using the same ones as SL, that would make zero sense.

A few months ago they have announced a collab with the developer of Vampire Survivors, guess what PVE related content will come soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    they definitely didn't
    They released plunderstorm, a PVP focused release, and next will be doing a PVE focused thing, for whatever this upcoming patch is.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it worded to sound it will be something timewalking related? i dont see it
    Im talking about this part:

This seems like the next "new experiment, secret thing, up their sleeves" is PvE.
    I assume is something crazy but could be wrong.
    Worded as in the term 'Timerunning' is worded to sound like something related to Timewalking, not wording in the blue post. The post also doesn't specify that the thing is secret - 10.2.6 was relatively sparse on information from the roadmap image and from any and all comments we got on it, while Timerunning is blatantly posted on the roadmap.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They released plunderstorm, a PVP focused release, and next will be doing a PVE focused thing, for whatever this upcoming patch is.
    so basically Timerunning, whatever the hell that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Worded as in the term 'Timerunning' is worded to sound like something related to Timewalking, not wording in the blue post. The post also doesn't specify that the thing is secret - 10.2.6 was relatively sparse on information from the roadmap image and from any and all comments we got on it, while Timerunning is blatantly posted on the roadmap.
    I wonder if Timerunning is something similar to that quest we did, running through different timelines? maybe something branched off of that? I don't see how that would work but hey I kinda enjoyed the Timerunning quest that we did do