Poll: Should Blizzard improve the Troll and Draenei heritage armor designs?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Someone made on X edit of heritage armor :

https://twitter.com/BalintCservenyi/...93800838742189
    Last edited by Ramz; 2024-04-15 at 08:16 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Ya, that's definitely better. That's a more proper color palette at the least.

I think the current helm could actually work if it was wider and went under the nose. It's currently way too narrow and a lot of the troll art depicts the cloth under the nose.

This helm in the art would be a cool 2nd option too.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that Blizzard needs to fire whoever approves the color palettes for armors.

I don't know whose cousin or kid it is or whatever is making them immune to being fired, but It's a problem that's been going on for too long.

Genuinely boggles my mind that they still have a job
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2024-04-13 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Ya, that's definitely better. That's a more proper color palette at the least.
    For me the smaller shoulderpad is massive improvement. The one that is there looks so plain and boring, it doesn't even have some paint markings to make it more interesting.

I think the current helm could actually work if it was wider and went under the nose. It's currently way too narrow and a lot of the troll art depicts the cloth under the nose.

This helm in the art would be a cool 2nd option too.
    Either mask or cloth should be an option, and as you said cloth has to go under the nose. Headpiece is arguably the most important part, becuase I've been waiting for proper Darkspear mask for a very long time, and the old ones are from vanilla and they look very dated. So it was the only chance on the Horizon to get proper HD mask. Blood troll one was cool, but it's obviously blood troll mask and not Darkspear. Still I'd really like if the ritual Mask was more defined, but I'd take it over what it is now.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that Blizzard needs to fire whoever approves the color palettes for armors.

I don't know whose cousin or kid it is or whatever is making them immune to being fired, but It's a problem that's been going on for too long.

Genuinely boggles my mind that they still have a job

Oddly enough there is no teal variant, and you'd think that since these are Darkspear colors this armor would have.
    Or at the very leastfor red variant to somehow fit with the Vicious war raptor, but good luck with that.

Trying to find matching pieces is a nightmare.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2024-04-14 at 10:38 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    wow...just WOW! A majority actually voted for Blizzard to not make an effort to create quality content.

Unbelievable...

I wish we could see who voted for what, bet its the usual suspects of trolls n contrarians..

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLCblfjW...name=4096x4096
    That looks better.

I doubt anyone could improve on the draenei...green quest armor looking set...would need to be remade from scratch...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2024-04-14 at 09:37 PM.

Can you link to that thread?

That's awesome, that would be great to have
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

I wish we had this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    feel free to believe it, you are still factually wrong

nope, you just used it incorrectly and now use incredible mental gymnastics to weasel out of it... would work if you vanquished HIM in the argument, vanquishing argument is simply wrong
    also, parody can join the list of things beyond your grasp with irony and sarcasm...

saying "sorry, im not wrong" doesnt miraculously make you right, you are still wrong, just unwilling to admit or realize it
    It amazes me how narrow and strict you think your language is. It is not wrong to say "vanquish an argument" in the way I wanted to say it. Maybe you should read more poetry, I'm pretty sure it will open your mind.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are perfect. You can see the heritage in them.

the troll heritage armor is such a disappointment

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    feel free to believe it, you are still factually wrong
    You’re actually the incorrect one here, sorry. Also, the original post had few to none grammatical errors so I find it funny you went after them when there are lots of grammatical errors in your own posts. Best not to throw stones in glass houses, as they say. no point in antagonizing someone over something small like that anyway.

OT: it’s wild how many people come in threads like these and bash others for their opinions and tell them how they are blatantly wrong, or trolls, or contrarians. I really think these sets are okay, but not great. They’re very classic and hit the mark for “heritage” pretty much spot on. There’s lots of classic art work for these races that match very well.

That being said… they’re pretty bland and I think adding a bit of flavor or better color to them would have improved them a lot. I will still use them for my mog sets, but had to side with “yes please redesign.”

I like the draenei armor but the troll armor could've been a bit more detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

I doubt anyone could improve on the draenei...green quest armor looking set...would need to be remade from scratch...
    It's hilarious watching you have no idea of draenei background or what the set tries to look like.

But I do suppose it isn't your fault for not being born when the TBC concept art was released.

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Can you link to that thread?
    Yeah sorry, I updated original post but here it is for you :

https://twitter.com/BalintCservenyi/...93800838742189
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Draenei's heritage armor is one of the worst things I've ever seen. It looks so bad that I believed it was part of April Fool's Day. It's been the first time I've seen a heritage armor and disliked every single piece.
    Cry me a river, remove the headpeace and shoulders and the set looks 10 times as good. Please stop thinking a heritage set should look like a godlike set, this set resembles draenei pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The draenei set looks like the Rane concepts with more argunite; I was hoping for more Rane concept and less argunite, but at least it doesn't have those horrible bucket boots. (Don't get me wrong; the bucket boots are only bad on digitigrade characters. It remains that they look awful on digitigrade characters.) The troll set looks shadow hunter, which is about what I expected. Not great, but not awful.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2024-04-16 at 04:46 AM.

Not a big fan of either of them. The troll one isn’t bad. Im just not a fan.
    The Draenai one is, in my opinion, okay; but I don’t like the crystal aesthetic on the shoulders.

15+ Year Old Account
    What did you expect from low effort Blizzard lmao. It's a wonder it not a recolor of some existing set
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    What did you expect from low effort Blizzard lmao. It's a wonder it not a recolor of some existing set
    You gotta love when people don't recognize a set from the "golden age" of blizzard.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think they actually look great. Leave it to the WoW community to completely hate on anything.
    I 3d print stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Cry me a river, remove the headpeace and shoulders and the set looks 10 times as good. Please stop thinking a heritage set should look like a godlike set, this set resembles draenei pretty well.
    If you removed those, it would look worse since the remaining pieces are too generic. The shoulders, the helmet and the gloves are what make the set "draenish".
    Last edited by Nork; 2024-04-16 at 11:29 AM.