Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i happened to like MoP, this is making want to come back for it, but i dislike the rest of the expansions, haven't been on in ages so idk Dierwolf@darkspear was my vanilla rogue (i xfered him and remade a nelf lol, he was a dwarf initially) played up to WoD, and some shadowlands(i think) so idk about the current wow situation.
    but time walking an expansion seems fun to me, espeecially one of my favorites outside of BC
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Mop had great leveling, most of the dungeons were decent and the raiding was good. But then end game rep grinds kinda sucked. I think the time-running will allow the players to experience the best of MOP with some fun twists.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Seriously could they have picked a worse expansion besides this?
    Like why not TBC or Even Wrath...

But Pandaria? Really? The only expansions they could have picked that were worse is like... MAYBE WoD or BFA...

The only thing I can think of is because Pandaria has links to the old gods, and thus the void which is a big thing in TWW.... But even still....

I reserved judgement until I tried it out on PTR because I figured if it was maybe going to be different that would be kinda cool. But It's literally the same shit quests we had in pandaria.... Now I'm gonna have to slog through it for the rewards (yes I know I don't have to, but I want the rewards... doesn't mean I'm going to have fun with it).

Anyway I know this is supposed to be constructive so like, if you could pick a timerunning xpac what would you pick?

EDIT: Since when was MoP a fan favorite? Nobody I have ever known in 15 years of wow has ever said MoP was good... people avoid it like the plague when levelling new characters too. It's bonkers to me that people are saying it was good or that people loved it because I have literally 0 recollection of people enjoying it.... It was also when blizzard took away talent trees which was a universally HATED decision....

I legit have no idea how people could possibly say that when MoP was current, it was popular... it was literally one of the worst expansion they ever did lol.

EDIT 2: Yeah people in here just got selective memories, the expansion was almost universally canned at the time it existed. Can't believe you all legit think it was a popular or a good expac... There was literally almost nothing good about it.
    If people exist that can only look back at what they enjoyed, then so too must exist an individual who can look back and see only what they hate.

Youre not really any different than what you despise.

Quote Originally Posted by uwotm869 View Post
    I’m just saying would it kill them to put in maybe a heroic ilvl weapon for each spec, maybe some sort of special enchant or gem? Just something to chase in these limited time events for people who don’t collect? Just like one thing? There’s always a minor collection element to everything in the “main game” that doesn’t “cater” to collectors, through transmogs and usually a mount or two.
    The problem is, they can't put anything that's actually useful power-wise in a time-limited event because what about the people who didn't play that period? "Sorry, your BiS weapon was in an event 6 months ago." Or it'll be something that's not that powerful, at which point it might as well be cosmetic anyway. And unlike gear, cosmetics are something permanent. Once you've got it, it's not something that you'll replace or lose when the next raid tier/expansion comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The problem is, they can't put anything that's actually useful power-wise in a time-limited event because what about the people who didn't play that period? "Sorry, your BiS weapon was in an event 6 months ago." Or it'll be something that's not that powerful, at which point it might as well be cosmetic anyway. And unlike gear, cosmetics are something permanent. Once you've got it, it's not something that you'll replace or lose when the next raid tier/expansion comes along.
    I get that point. That being said, if it's in an event at the end of expansion like this then I don't see it being that big of a deal. BIS weapons at the end of an expansion don't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    In 10 years people will call DF class design peak of wow. How it works. In a couple of years we will see threads here on mmochamp praising SL. I remember MoP to be a imbalanced shitshow, like most wow iterations.
    With MoP there was a lot more set up involved and actually required combos to get the maximum effect, from applying dots to using a burst move on top of the dot. It's what turned Blood DK into an intriguing dance of spreading disease and eating those diseases to get back your ruins. It was also the era where Warlock became insanely fun and overpowered (enough for one guy to solo MoP bosses with just a voidwalker). If you weren't a fan of that and only want "big numbers" right at the start then you'd probably be prefer playing Legion.

With DF, there wasn't much change between it and Shadowlands designs... It all felt the same with the only main difference is that you have to actually spec into abilities that SHOULD'VE been baseline from the start like interrupts, defensive cooldowns, and other utility abilities. And the worst part is that, it took patches for them to finally revamp several classes that were in need of them... like 10.1 gave Paladins and Mages revamps, while 10.2 gave revamps for Demon Hunters and Rogues... so DF's start was pretty bad (especially if you were a mage).. meanwhile Warlocks have been getting too much attention and would get changes and buffs EVERY PATCH.

The only part that I'd agree is that no matter which expansion, be it good like MoP and Wrath; or bad like WoD and SL... Classes are never balanced. There hasn't been a single point in WoW's history where everything was balanced. (What is important is if that people should enjoy playing that class and if it feels fun to them.. and if it isn't fun, find a different one to play.)

To think that some people are allowed to speak their minds. Timerunning in Pandaland is going to be so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    The expansion where the subs started tumbling down hard is considered the best?

How does that work?
    Subs were lower in Cata when it dropped to 6 mil rather quickly. Mop started at 10 mil but held strong at 8-7 for the whole expansion something no expansion since has done.

Mists was great Pandaria actually felt like a land with a rich and long history and the raids were all amazing Im super excited to play it specially with all the new mounts and stuff they added.

EDIT 2: Yeah people in here just got selective memories, the expansion was almost universally canned at the time it existed. Can't believe you all legit think it was a popular or a good expac... There was literally almost nothing good about it.
    Every expansion gets panned while live or immediately thereafter, and MoP has been popular ever since WoD. While there were things to complain about in MoP, levelling wasn't really one of them. The majority of the complaints were about 1) the early endgame rep-grind, 2) the attempt to force world PvP on players, and 3) how long the last tier lasted (and despite that length of time MoP did not see an end of expansion drop in subs, unlike Cata).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    The expansion where the subs started tumbling down hard is considered the best?

How does that work?
    That was Cata, not MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

RIGHT!?

I remember people hating it.

I personally didn't enjoy the story, the way the story was told, HATED anything to do with the mogu they were a boring foe, and it was the start of the whole "the horde are the bad guys" campaign that didn't stop until shadowlands. There were too many dailies, the dungeons were boring and badly designed.. there was only 5 new dungeons and the rest were rehashed, cramped crappy vanilla content.
    The Horde (or at least Garry's part of it) weren't the Bad Guys in Cata? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uwotm869 View Post
    I’m just saying would it kill them to put in maybe a heroic ilvl weapon for each spec, maybe some sort of special enchant or gem? Just something to chase in these limited time events for people who don’t collect? Just like one thing? There’s always a minor collection element to everything in the “main game” that doesn’t “cater” to collectors, through transmogs and usually a mount or two.
    I'm really glad that limited time events don't grant personal power as a reward. That'd make missing one actually matter to end-game play. Using FOMO to promote cosmetic items is bad enough.

I'm glad that the MoP haters on MMO-Champ are left coping in threads like this and others, tbh. Imagine getting filtered by the pandas to miss one of the better expansions WoW has ever put out

7+ Year Old Account
    Other expansions already have classic servers to be played at, and MOP was a great expansion for level up and class fantasy/gameplay.

Hunter, warrior, warlock were so good to play in that era.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Another variant: as Cata is considered to be worse xpack than SL, then may be MOP - is backup plan?

Overall problem - Classic doesn't serve it's purpose mostly due to Blizzards' greed. They try to extract maximum profit from it via just "rebooting" Wow instead of providing, what players want: 1) To be able to play their favorite xpack forever 2) To carry all their earnings to retail instead of playing game from scratch.
    Correction, that’s what you, and some others, want. I originally stated in a post on this site, when Classic hadn’t even been released yet, that I would probably only play it if I was able to have titles and tmog earned on classic to carry over to retail. I was basically slammed for suggesting that, told that Classic isn’t for me, and how the majority wouldn’t want me there since I would be more interested in retail.

We’re the one with selective memories? People disliked the idea of MoP straight up before it released, but it absolutely became beloved throughout its course and especially post.

You’ve never met anyone that liked it? Do you talk to people? It’s a top 3 expansion for me for sure and, here’s the part you’ll love - it was my top 1 at the time of playing it (not incl vanilla as it isn’t an expansion).
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2024-04-17 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I'm glad that the MoP haters on MMO-Champ are left coping in threads like this and others, tbh. Imagine getting filtered by the pandas to miss one of the better expansions WoW has ever put out
    again, had nothin to do with pandarin as race. I played a mistweaver for the entire first patch. the game just wasn't in a good state... Talent trees gone, all semblance of RPG were starting to go. Gear started to lose stats and by the end of the expansion gear had become an item level based system with little to no depth. Dailies were out of control, the one good raid was throne of thunder

The biggest problem from MoP is that Blizzard still can’t figure out how to make most armor fit on Pandaren and make it look good. Its literally just the model stretched across them.

again, had nothin to do with pandarin as race. I played a mistweaver for the entire first patch. the game just wasn't in a good state... Talent trees gone, all semblance of RPG were starting to go. Gear started to lose stats and by the end of the expansion gear had become an item level based system with little to no depth. Dailies were out of control, the one good raid was throne of thunder
    Talent trees were like irrelevant starting in Wrath with little to no room for customization in late tbc and wrath when cookie cutter builds started to become the norm. Late Wrath also barely had any interesting stat relevance for most classes, MoP at least had multiple choices in the Talent tree. Almost any Melee chose ArP gear etc in Wrath. Dailies only really were a problem in 5.0 and got fixed rather quickly. While ToT was a great raid, Terrace, Siege and HoF also were decent. In contrast Wrath had a terrible first tier and Trial was also pretty shit.

It's fine for you to dislike mop. It's asinine for you to generalise that opinion into a majority position. MoP was undeniably popular, so the premise of the thread is undeniably silly.

Being able to assess your opinions in the context of reality and sit with that reality is a useful skill to have; if more people did the world would be a better place.

In your mind, mop was bad and the noise at the time allowed you to believe that was a widely held opinion. You now have evidence that this wasn't the case. Trying to disqualify that evidence is a common human response, but it's not the correct one. Develop the skill to reassess your opinions and beliefs in the context of new evidence, rather than obtusely holding on to your current ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    It's fine for you to dislike mop. It's asinine for you to generalise that opinion into a majority position. MoP was undeniably popular, so the premise of the thread is undeniably silly.

Being able to assess your opinions in the context of reality and sit with that reality is a useful skill to have; if more people did the world would be a better place.

In your mind, mop was bad and the noise at the time allowed you to believe that was a widely held opinion. You now have evidence that this wasn't the case. Trying to disqualify that evidence is a common human response, but it's not the correct one. Develop the skill to reassess your opinions and beliefs in the context of new evidence, rather than obtusely holding on to your current ones.
    Wish I had the ability to this pompous and self righteous.

People saying they loved mop in hindsight is purely because it came just before the worst expansion ever created to date and against that it looked like a masterpiece. That's really all this is, in reality. The implied assertion that this thread stands as evidence that I am wrong is shortsighted at best. Overall Cataclysm may have started the hemorrhaging of wows subscription base but the reality is that wows sub count declining for the entirety of pandaria.

You could even argue that the only people voicing their opinion were the ones that enjoyed it... Lets be real for a moment, wows playerbase consists of 3 types of players.. Players who have never stopped playing wow since it released in 2005-6, players that played earlier expacs, quit but came back and new players.

So that's 2 types of players that could have potentially played Pandaria when it was current... So there's probably a lot of players here that ultimately really liked pandaria... I personally believe that if we were able to send a survey that reached everyone who was subbed when MoP released and they all replied most of the would say it wasn't very good.

In short you can't use a hivemind as evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    That was Cata, not MoP.
    Barely even fair to blame that on Cata itself instead of the internal issues Blizz had which made them take so goddamn long to release MoP, which is when the biggest drop happened.

But yeah Luthorite seems to have a Panda chip on their shoulder that defies any logic or objective facts.
    Last edited by Arlette; 2024-04-17 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    Talent trees were like irrelevant starting in Wrath with little to no room for customization in late tbc and wrath when cookie cutter builds started to become the norm. Late Wrath also barely had any interesting stat relevance for most classes, MoP at least had multiple choices in the Talent tree. Almost any Melee chose ArP gear etc in Wrath. Dailies only really were a problem in 5.0 and got fixed rather quickly. While ToT was a great raid, Terrace, Siege and HoF also were decent. In contrast Wrath had a terrible first tier and Trial was also pretty shit.
    Just because talent trees were poorly designed at the end of cata doesn't mean you take them away... You redesign them, look at dragonflights talent system.. it's brilliant, lots of different builds for a lot of different situations and freedom to choose what you use and have lots of viable options... But the redesign they went with completely stripped any real player choice... it was all non-useful utility most of which were never even utilized..

Also never said wrath was perfect either but the only people who didn't like the first tier were people who had already done naxx in vanilla otherwise it was pretty well enjoyed from my memory.