Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Dont forget to buy the epic addition so that you get 3 days early access!
    Will do since you reminded me of it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That is definitely all that comes with the epic edition.
    Not saying it is, but it’s one of the selling points, and it’s something people are paying for. Players are paying the company to beta test for them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I think it largely depends on your computer. I didn't get signed up in Betas until I got a better PC in later years (course it's outdated now.)
    There's probably a lot of factors that go into it, but actually having a record of providing feedback (especially a lot of it) likely impacts your chances of getting a beta. Even though I was unsubbed prior to Dragonflight beta, I still got in first wave, and I've been in every beta for WoW. Probably helps I make anywhere between a couple hundred to over a thousand reports per beta testing phase; some are pretty minor, but there's quite a bit of suggestions and major game-breaking issues that I tend to report. Although I wouldn't be surprised if I got the Dragonflight beta without asking for it in an attempt to get me to resub to the game.

The thing is most people don't take the testing seriously, as they just want to mess around with it and get an edge on live launch. While it's fine to research and try to get an edge (actually exposes exploits and bugs quite often), actually reporting issues and providing good feedback for said issues goes a long way. If I put my cynical hat on a bit, I sort of feel the testing phases have become less about valuing player feedback and more of a promotional tool for the upcoming game (whether it's a WoW expac, D4, etc.). One of the reasons I left the game was because if felt like Blizz wasn't listening to the feedback testers were giving at an increasing rate, especially leading into Shadowlands; quite a few issues that Shadowlands had on launch were well known and documented early in the beta phase, but Blizz had the equivalent of the Pikachu shocked face after the expac went live for some odd reason, then had the gall to say the issues didn't show up in testing.

The fact that the beta is showing up as a top tier game purchase isn't really new in the industry nor at Blizz, but it shows that betas for Blizz are more about the promotional aspect than fixing problems. While some would say "Well, if you're buying the top tier version of the game, you're probably someone that would do testing!"... and that's not necessarily true at all. Such people are more likely to buy WoW tokens, maybe. Realistically, any serious tester is likely going to get a beta invite at some point (or have alpha access), because I'm fairly certain they track those people and flag their accounts for beta access. Heck, imagine if the beta was purely open to anyone who was interested regardless of purchase... that would be the ideal scenario if this was about getting more beta testers. Making such deals is more appealing to FOMO when it comes to getting beta access versus increasing the quantity and quality of beta testers, simple as that.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    ah its that bs early access thing
    one thing to have that in a single player another to have that in an mmo kinda gross
    ???
    In what world is beta early access?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's also for people with a job that have no issues affording it. Toxic internet rats who live off their mother's mercy because they can't afford to rent a flat at 35 years old shouldn't get in any Betas, we paying customers want to have a good experience out of it.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2024-04-16 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    It's also for people with a job that have no issues affording it. Toxic internet rats who live off their mother's mercy because they can't afford to rent a flat at 35 years old shouldn't get in any Betas, we paying customers want to have a good experience out of it.
    Yikes... Imagine casting doubt on/mocking peoples financial status over a Beta for a game of all things.

And imagine acting like you're the arbiter of who should and should not be allowed Beta access is just as bad.

Paying customers have a good experience? Shadowlands says hi... The expansion that had constant feedback reported during beta and ended up causing one of the biggest player exoduses the game ever saw because all that feedback especially regarding the aspects of grinds/power/torghast went ignored and unfixed until after the first major patch.

Beta is not for enjoying, it's to give feedback and bug reports so the final product doesn't come out a half baked mess. People really need to stop seeing Betas as free demos.

Even Dragonflight on a technical aspect was a mess at launch alongside Diablo 4, OW2 and others. It's absolutely shocking that games that don't have public testing or Beta builds/public betas come out in a way better state these days.

WoW right now is still recovering from the mess BFA and SL caused. On top of their internal mess which lets be real they will never recover from in terms of a PR standpoint.

Anyway only response I'll give. I find it a little bit uneasy imo that you seem to find it ok to give people who might have struggling finances a hard time as someone who's been there and had to work his ass off to get where he is today.
    Last edited by Luthorite; 2024-04-16 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    There's probably a lot of factors that go into it, but actually having a record of providing feedback (especially a lot of it) likely impacts your chances of getting a beta. Even though I was unsubbed prior to Dragonflight beta, I still got in first wave, and I've been in every beta for WoW. Probably helps I make anywhere between a couple hundred to over a thousand reports per beta testing phase; some are pretty minor, but there's quite a bit of suggestions and major game-breaking issues that I tend to report. Although I wouldn't be surprised if I got the Dragonflight beta without asking for it in an attempt to get me to resub to the game.

The thing is most people don't take the testing seriously, as they just want to mess around with it and get an edge on live launch. While it's fine to research and try to get an edge (actually exposes exploits and bugs quite often), actually reporting issues and providing good feedback for said issues goes a long way. If I put my cynical hat on a bit, I sort of feel the testing phases have become less about valuing player feedback and more of a promotional tool for the upcoming game (whether it's a WoW expac, D4, etc.). One of the reasons I left the game was because if felt like Blizz wasn't listening to the feedback testers were giving at an increasing rate, especially leading into Shadowlands; quite a few issues that Shadowlands had on launch were well known and documented early in the beta phase, but Blizz had the equivalent of the Pikachu shocked face after the expac went live for some odd reason, then had the gall to say the issues didn't show up in testing.

The fact that the beta is showing up as a top tier game purchase isn't really new in the industry nor at Blizz, but it shows that betas for Blizz are more about the promotional aspect than fixing problems. While some would say "Well, if you're buying the top tier version of the game, you're probably someone that would do testing!"... and that's not necessarily true at all. Such people are more likely to buy WoW tokens, maybe. Realistically, any serious tester is likely going to get a beta invite at some point (or have alpha access), because I'm fairly certain they track those people and flag their accounts for beta access. Heck, imagine if the beta was purely open to anyone who was interested regardless of purchase... that would be the ideal scenario if this was about getting more beta testers. Making such deals is more appealing to FOMO when it comes to getting beta access versus increasing the quantity and quality of beta testers, simple as that.
    No, I mean I used to sign up for betas since as far back as Cata but never got entry until WoD when I actually got a better PC and upgraded my operating software. And even then if people report something is wrong within the Beta, Blizz never actually fixes it until a few days after launch so some bugs slip through the cracks or people never actually checked to see if they actually do something like that.

I mean, again, you are right in that it was multiple factors but for me at least, it all changed when I got better specs on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Anyway only response I'll give. I find it a little bit uneasy imo that you seem to find it ok to give people who might have struggling finances a hard time as someone who's been there and had to work his ass off to get where he is today.
    I don't give a turd what you find uneasy. I find uneasy that dropout internet Karens feel entitled to play for free a videogame Beta from a private company as they can't afford to pay a meager preorder because they failed to study or get a proper job, and of all things that went wrong in their life, not being able to play the Beta seems to be what worries them. Now that's awkward.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2024-04-16 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not saying it is, but it’s one of the selling points, and it’s something people are paying for. Players are paying the company to beta test for them for free.
    Wrong. Hilarious how you keep focusing on that and ignore the dozen other things that come with it including the 3 days early acccessk, which is a far better arguemtn than beta access. NOBODY is paying for beta access.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong. Hilarious how you keep focusing on that and ignore the dozen other things that come with it including the 3 days early acccessk, which is a far better arguemtn than beta access. NOBODY is paying for beta access.
    That is part of the cost as it’s a feature included with that pack, hence why I stated it’s ONE of the selling points.
    Even if you want to pull some crazy mental gymnastics to make a weird point that you’re somehow getting it free by paying a cost for everything else that’s included, that doesn’t change the fact that beta testing is nothing more than Blizzard getting a free workforce to test their game, along with ad revenue from all the streamers who will post about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    That is part of the cost as it’s a feature included with that pack, hence why I stated it’s ONE of the selling points.
    Even if you want to pull some crazy mental gymnastics to make a weird point that you’re somehow getting it free by paying a cost for everything else that’s included, that doesn’t change the fact that beta testing is nothing more than Blizzard getting a free workforce to test their game, along with ad revenue from all the streamers who will post about it.
    They don't get ad revenue from streamers...
    do you mean free marketing?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They don't get ad revenue from streamers...
    do you mean free marketing?
    Yes, sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ???
    In what world is beta early access?

its 3 days early to play the game

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    its 3 days early to play the game
    This is the beta though.
    Are you talking about the early access in the collectors edition we have known about since blizzcon?
    Yeah it is super fucking lame, still hope they back out on it, it won't be that big of a deal based on what limits they said they are setting.
    but I really hate they are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Not everyone who has purchased TWW has gotten their beta invite yet, so don't jump to any conclusions just yet.
    >.> That's because beta doesn't exist yet lol

Ok all nay sayers, the epic edition is a good deal. period.

One should at least get the heroic edition for the Stormrider mount which is, in my opinion, fun wise the best dynamic flying mount in the game so far. That thing is just awesome, i don't know if it's really faster and more agile than the dragons, but at least they managed to make it feel like that. It's worth the money and grabbing while you can.

And as the epic edition also gets you a month of gametime you only pay like 7 bucks for all the extra stuff, what is as well more than well worth it.

I almost forgot the 3 day P2W edition hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    It's actually a smart way of staging the release, so you don't have everyone trying to log in on the same day. Also, people with the early access will beta test the possible bottlenecks, which results in smoother experience for people who have a shred of patience to simply wait the 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    He does reply, but only to those who agree with him. He's just looking for an echo chamber because he got no actual argumentation
    Yeah, he's quite possibly the most boring person I've seen on this forum so far. He's entirely blatant about what he's doing, even if he won't admit it lol

But then, there seem to be several people here that are just looking for that negative echo chamber. All equally tedious people.
    Last edited by En Sabah Nur; 2024-04-16 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So uh.. whats the headstart gonna win you?