Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

Just the fact that we can have NPC heads talking to us while were 3794239 yds away is beyond stupid.
    We've had that since vanilla with NPCs shouting to the whole zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    We've had that since vanilla with NPCs shouting to the whole zone.
    Yep. We had that back in medieval times too. The yelling guy who would give news to whole village. And thats fine.

as funny as it sounds> wow used to be WAAAAAAAAY more "grounded". Like, everything was medieval setup with warlocks and sorcerers. Which was amazing tbh.

if you stand and listen to dialogs between NPCs, street vendors... etc, etc, etc...

And we have WOLVES, BEARS, TIGERS, RAPTORS... now we have fish-wolf, horse-duck, wolf-tiger.... and its like that especially in DF.
    Even in Legion we had bears, BEARS. not bear-fishes (or w/e type of scales bears have in Dragonflight).... just... WHY?!

Yep. We had that back in medieval times too. The yelling guy who would give news to whole village. And thats fine.

as funny as it sounds> wow used to be WAAAAAAAAY more "grounded". Like, everything was medieval setup with warlocks and sorcerers. Which was amazing tbh.

if you stand and listen to dialogs between NPCs, street vendors... etc, etc, etc...

And we have WOLVES, BEARS, TIGERS, RAPTORS... now we have fish-wolf, horse-duck, wolf-tiger.... and its like that especially in DF.
    Even in Legion we had bears, BEARS. not bear-fishes (or w/e type of scales bears have in Dragonflight).... just... WHY?!
    We literally had owlkins, wyverns and gryphons since vanilla.

And owlbears as a concept are older than warcraft.

I'm fascinated by how many posters with '10 year member' marking are saying Chromie is amazing, which would mean they're older than 10 and think Chromie is a well written character or that she has a personality. If anything, the writers completely dropped the ball in Dragonflight and wrote probably the most terrible, nonsensical, bland and soulless dialogues and stories in the history of WoW. Try reading just a bit through the quests for runes in Season of Discovery to notice the difference in writing (a simple letter you find in a quest for one of the paladin runes is better than anything written in DF). I hope TWW fixes this, though specifically for Chromie or Gnomes characters in general, I have very little hope since Blizz decided to reduce them to annoying squeak balls, void of any personality. Unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    I'm fascinated by how many posters with '10 year member' marking are saying Chromie is amazing, which would mean they're older than 10 and think Chromie is a well written character or that she has a personality. If anything, the writers completely dropped the ball in Dragonflight and wrote probably the most terrible, nonsensical, bland and soulless dialogues and stories in the history of WoW. Try reading just a bit through the quests for runes in Season of Discovery to notice the difference in writing (a simple letter you find in a quest for one of the paladin runes is better than anything written in DF). I hope TWW fixes this, though specifically for Chromie or Gnomes characters in general, I have very little hope since Blizz decided to reduce them to annoying squeak balls, void of any personality. Unfortunate.
    Even more fascinating are people who are so inside their own bubble they are fascinated by people having a different opinion to theirs.

Unbearable and exhausting overacting from the voice actor. Agree with OP on everything.

It's subjective. I've never had issues with Chromie myself, but definitely do with Venture in OW2. There's just something terribly aggravating in her voice, so I can sympathize when someone feels this way about a character. You don't want them anywhere near the story you're experiencing.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

"Nozdormu, are you O.K.?" has become a meme in my guild... says it all

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I’m with you. Chromie is annoying as shit and I can’t take her anymore. Asmongold was actually right about his take on Chromie and the WoW main characters recently. Blizzard needs to go back to what made WoW, WoW. Having Thrall return is great for that. But.. we kinda need to toss these whiny characters to the side. I’m sorry but WoW dragons were always mysterious, badass, elite, and frightening for ages. They were better like that rather than emotional like humans. Blizz seems to be realizing that they’ve taken WoW in the wrong direction so that’s good. I mean look at Dragonflight. Good expansion but kinda boring story wise. With Metzen at the helm again I have high hopes for WoW to become WoW again. No we don’t need cosmic stories. It’s fine when it’s simple orcs against humans. That’s what made the franchise. So I do hope if we get back to that, Chromie can go away and go back to just existing as an NPC we talk to for switching areas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    That’s because many of them are the lifers who never quit the game even for a year break and will never admit that anything Blizzard does is wrong. These guys have always existed though. Shit I used to be one. When you’ve spent 10-20 years playing the same game constantly you don’t like hearing such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post

That’s because many of them are the lifers who never quit the game even for a year break and will never admit that anything Blizzard does is wrong. These guys have always existed though. Shit I used to be one. When you’ve spent 10-20 years playing the same game constantly you don’t like hearing such things.
    Talk about fascinating specimen who can't understand people outside their own bubble.

But I do suppose following assmon does explain that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Chromie is one of the most annoying things in the game

Specially when her only quirk is repeating the sam joke of "nice to meet you, or did we meet already, or was that in the future?" for several expansions now.
    She brings nothing to the table except being "quirky"

They totally forgot about Anachronos in this expansion
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Just going to leave this here to remind you how "awesome" of a character Chromie is:

Reminder: this is a Dragon.

Yea, right... no one is better than Garrosh.
    Ah yes, today I found out that dragons cannot hug people, the more you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Chromie is one of the most annoying things in the game

Specially when her only quirk is repeating the sam joke of "nice to meet you, or did we meet already, or was that in the future?" for several expansions now.
    She brings nothing to the table except being "quirky"

Except they didnt, he teaches dragons about the war of the shifting sands in algethar's academy through a projection of himself, as he himself is still bound to the caverns of time.

also that "quirky" thing is literally something like all of the bronze dragons do, she just does it more cause she is energetic and more outspoken then other bronze.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    It is really weird that Anachronos is literally labeled as Nozdormu's heir, and yet he has zero role to play in a plot that directly concerns Nozdormu's well-being and future. Insofar as I know, Anachronos has only been relevant during the Ahn'Qiraj campaign and the Mag'har recruitment quests.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account

??? What about the horse eagles of vanilla, and the fish frogs, and the falcon moose horses, and the bug men, and cow men, and bear men, and elf deer, and elf moose, and spider men, and raptor trolls, owl bear mooses, and panther trolls, rat men, etc.
    Trying to pretend vanilal didnt have mystical creatures and now everything is so "out there" is insane.

Also what fish wolf is in dragonflight? Do you mean BFA? Cause that is when we got the fish wolves. Wolf tiger? What the fuck is a wolf tiger?
    What "Scale bears" is there in dragonflight?
    Are you literally just making up shit?

Dragonflight is FULL of just normal every day animals, turtles, lizards, birds, moose, bison, cats, ducks, crabs, fish, rays, Bears, Porcupines, goats, etc.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2024-04-17 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I hate that they infantilize Gnomes because they're small. It's creepy.
    You think it's out of character for a grown dragon to act like a 6 year old?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It is really weird that Anachronos is literally labeled as Nozdormu's heir, and yet he has zero role to play in a plot that directly concerns Nozdormu's well-being and future. Insofar as I know, Anachronos has only been relevant during the Ahn'Qiraj campaign and the Mag'har recruitment quests.
    I would have loved to see Anachronos take Chromie's spot in the Bronze storylines in DF. It would have given it a more mature feel, and could have evolved that character in interesting ways — what does it mean to come back to the Dragon Isles after so long in the Caverns of Time? And for that matter, what's up with the Caverns? Did we do anything with that place this expansion? Where did it even come from if the Bronzes' home was originally Thaldraszus? Did the dragons create it or was it already there?

Instead of addressing any of that, we get the gnome with imposter syndrome who uses tolerance and understanding to fight big meanies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    I would have loved to see Anachronos take Chromie's spot in the Bronze storylines in DF. It would have given it a more mature feel, and could have evolved that character in interesting ways — what does it mean to come back to the Dragon Isles after so long in the Caverns of Time? And for that matter, what's up with the Caverns? Did we do anything with that place this expansion? Where did it even come from if the Bronzes' home was originally Thaldraszus? Did the dragons create it or was it already there?

Instead of addressing any of that, we get the gnome with imposter syndrome who uses tolerance and understanding to fight big meanies.
    I don't have any issues with Chromie's character being a bit immature-seeming and "understanding" insofar as that goes, but I do think she's a bit of a tonal mismatch for what's going down in the Dawn of the Infinite dungeon. Personally, I would've had Chromie serving as the go-to NPC for the overworld portion of the content, and maybe also appearing with her boss encounter as Morchie in the dungeon itself. But most of her parts in DotI would've been Anachronos taking an active role as Nozdormu's heir, working to secure both his relative future and that of his presumptive father.

As for the Caverns of Time, I assume they're their own thing separate from the Temporal Conflux in Thaldrazus, which appears to be more of a temporal watchpost of sorts than the CoT as a means of accessing the timeways directly. It's possible the Temporal Conflux was a sort of beta version of the CoT, so to speak, or that both locales existed together as part of the Bronze flight's continual watch over time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post

"I would love to see if they completly changed anachronos' charecter so that I don't have to see chromie"
    is what you are saying.
    Also maybe you should go look at the lore of caverns of time then.

10+ Year Old Account
    this exp overused chromie a lot, chromie has more time than Nozdormu, and he is the freaking aspect of entire flight
    i think the second character in this exp is Alex, and at least Alex was mia since Cata
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As for the Caverns of Time, I assume they're their own thing separate from the Temporal Conflux in Thaldrazus, which appears to be more of a temporal watchpost of sorts than the CoT as a means of accessing the timeways directly. It's possible the Temporal Conflux was a sort of beta version of the CoT, so to speak, or that both locales existed together as part of the Bronze flight's continual watch over time.
    That makes sense to me, just a little strange that it didn't even get mentioned (as far as I'm aware, could be mistaken). The Blues talked about the Nexus a bit, whereas it's like the Bronze flight just completely forgot about the place that was apparently their home for the last however-many-millennia.