Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The more I'm toying with them the less excited I am. Blizzard is obsessed with reusing the night elf model for everything. They should have used the OC troll one for this one, or something in between to give us upright trolls. The female version was bait, it is really not troll-like at all. It reminds me more of ardenweald sylvar.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    The more I'm toying with them the less excited I am. Blizzard is obsessed with reusing the night elf model for everything. They should have used the OC troll one for this one, or something in between to give us upright trolls. The female version was bait, it is really not troll-like at all. It reminds me more of ardenweald sylvar.
    Still time for animation tweaks. Zandalari trolls just looked like NE males too at first. And we all remember the derp eyed launch of Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Still time for animation tweaks. Zandalari trolls just looked like NE males too at first. And we all remember the derp eyed launch of Nightborne.
    Zandalari trolls have the curse of having the beta/early running animation of revamped Night Elves from wod, it looks horrible and personally ruins the whole race for me.

Let's see if they add more customization to those new troll-elves, but it really doesn't sell as a counter point to horde dwarves as they are way more NE than trolls.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye not to excited about them.

They are the ancestors of the quillboars.

War Within will reveal the Quillboars are cousins of Trolls and Nightelves

Prepare for the rise of quillboars!

Allied race for sure, they've been added to the allied race manifest file alongside Earthen. Earthen appears twice, once each for Alliance and Horde versions, but Harronir only appears once, which makes me think they could be a Horde allied race. Which would make the most sense, Night Elf is one of the most played races, Horde players would appreciate having their familiar/preferred avatar as a choice if they needed to play on the other faction for server or guild reasons. After 20 years player attachment to things like how their avatar looks matters a lot.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Allied race for sure, they've been added to the allied race manifest file alongside Earthen. Earthen appears twice, once each for Alliance and Horde versions, but Harronir only appears once, which makes me think they could be a Horde allied race. Which would make the most sense, Night Elf is one of the most played races, Horde players would appreciate having their familiar/preferred avatar as a choice if they needed to play on the other faction for server or guild reasons. After 20 years player attachment to things like how their avatar looks matters a lot.
    They are just unfinished as you can see very little customization options. It wouldn't make sense to add them only in one faction in the current wow philosophy, and horde already has one night elf AR. Even 2 if you count zandalari. From what we have seen these guys may be more related to elune and look closer to NE than trolls so It would make equal or even more sense to pair them in the NE faction.

They'll be neutral if they become playable, they are the perfect example of a race that can match both faction aesthetics and themes, with customization that lets you make them look more NE or more troll/animalistic.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post

U know the more I look at them the more I think they might be evolved quillboars due to either Xal's corruption or exposure to Azeroth's blood. Because weirdly both seem to have similar affects if we look at the new nerubians or trolls -> elfs

3+ Year Old Account
    These... are NOT trolls Blizzard. Or, in-between Trolls for that matter.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post

you joke, but what if

Quillboar and trolls both have tusks... and Quillboars and trolls have the same amount of fingers and toes...
    Last edited by Enrif; 2024-04-18 at 09:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If we somehow do get a void Hunter class, I’ll be the first one to post in this thread to admit my error.

I'll play a thicc trelf shaman in a heartbeat if their racials are even remotely interesting. Night elves always had some of the best fitting gear anyway, which is an issue I have with a lot of the Horde races.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But they... do? They don't look completely different, but they definitely look very different. No one would confuse the two. And that was only 10,000 years - which is way less than the time since Trolls became Elves. But still nothing even remotely like the time scale required for actual, biological evolution based on natural selection. Which was the point I'm making: that concerns about or parallels to evolution on Earth mean nothing, because that's not's what's happening. It's magic-induced direct mutation.
    You said very different.. that was all I was picking up on. Even I struggle to tell the different between them and my night elf toons when I switch. Different yes, but not very different. Remember these weren't meant to be a complete new race of elf, like a 3rd race, but were always a night elf sub-race. They weren't even meant to be playable like that, they were meant to be a sub-race, that'd be wiped out, and the extra sick ones healed back into thier healthy original night elven forms.. but they kept the Nightborne appearance and introduced as subrace due to popular request.

Definitely magic induced.. but the results are the same.. i mean all sub races are usually 1 to 2 degrees of separation from the main race anyway. If you factouring that wow has locked races in un-naturally to an appearance, .. high elves, night elves, Nightborne and void elves could all be essentially ve the elven versions of white, black and far east asian people

Having the same face and body build is just something done for gameplay silhouette. All elves retain the same gait - tall and slender. ~With attribute commonalities like high magical aptitude, skill with range, loving magic and nature.

Night elves/Nightborne are all taller, kinda like those strong west african types or scandinavian European types.

Their skin colours are just minor variations, for the night elves it's just shades of purple - like you have shades of brown - East african types are like near blue black in complexion, compare to some of the west African types that can get nearly quite fair. Currently amongst humans, there are 3 degrees of variation within the same race. skin colour, eye shape/colour and hair texture/colours. We have a spectrum of height and gait, so I won't count that. Visibly, elves seem to have variation in skin colour too with a peach to purple range. Ear variations, similar to human eyes.. and living cycle between day and night.. you really have two categories the day elves and the night elves as the big divisionall elves fit into either the day group based on the Quel'Thalas kingdom or the night group based on the kaldorei empire.

And ears, well, night elf/nightborne have the same angle ears, the only differences is that the tips of most (not all Nightborne ears) curve upwards, instead of tapering.
    With void elves and blood elves it's skin colour and crazy hairstyle.
    With Nightborne and Night elves - it's body gait and ear tips.

As for elven ears, we don't even know if they are actually quite flexible, and the elves can move their ears al ot, and do so instinctively based on their emotional state, rather than have it actually fixed. It's just fixed in game for gameplay purposes.

But until the model update in TBc, Thalassians and night elves shared the same model, with very minor di

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    you joke, but what if

Quillboar and trolls both have tusks... and Quillboars and trolls have the same amount of fingers and toes...
    Ok but why do Zandalari have scales then? *thinking*
    Also the number of digits changing makes no sense. So they started with three, then five, and then back to three? Doesn't work tbh
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2024-04-18 at 11:42 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    dino power from Rezan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If we somehow do get a void Hunter class, I’ll be the first one to post in this thread to admit my error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I always assumed those were calcifications, like stone, showing that the Zandalari still had a little bit of Elemental influence in their nature. Like proto-drakes, trolls were likely once Elemental beings of stone, fire, and such that were influenced by the Well of Eternity and became more organic and complex over time. Due to being the first of troll kind to evolve into their current form, the Zandalari just have a bit of their Elemental nature left over.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    you joke, but what if

Trolls predate anything, All troll kind came from the the Zandalari. And nelves came from the Dark Trolls specifically.

I'd sooner believe that it's indeed some strange mutation with quilboar rather than a troll. And I guess Scythe of Elune could be involved at some point.

But now that I look at it, it would make more sense.

Quilboars also have tusks, they have fur and quills.

Night elves EWWW!!!
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

These... are NOT trolls Blizzard. Or, in-between Trolls for that matter.
    When we saw the female model first we thought they could be, as, you know, troll females just pretty much like humans/elves lol. But then we saw the copy pasted male night elf model... They should have used the original troll models.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I always assumed those were calcifications, like stone, showing that the Zandalari still had a little bit of Elemental influence in their nature. Like proto-drakes, trolls were likely once Elemental beings of stone, fire, and such that were influenced by the Well of Eternity and became more organic and complex over time. Due to being the first of troll kind to evolve into their current form, the Zandalari just have a bit of their Elemental nature left over.
    Vol'jin is featured with these scales as well in his statue.

So either these are the "sploshes" that trolls have on their model, just poorly rendered, or some trolls still have the scales for reasons.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Vol'jin is featured with these scales as well in his statue.

https://fanatics.frgimages.com/world...full.jpg?_hv=2

So either these are the "sploshes" that trolls have on their model, just poorly rendered, or some trolls still have the scales for reasons.
    Might not be unique to the Zandalari either, I suppose. They don't strike me as scales, though; given their widespread nature and lack of regularity - they're more akin to plaques or splotches and seem more irregular and armor-like than just skin colorations. On the Zandalari models especially they look more like stone embedded in their flesh to me.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead