Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The War Within Alpha - Warbands Feature Overview

The War Within Alpha - Warbands Feature Overview
    Blizzard has posted an official preview for Warbands in The War Within.

when is alpha going live? who cares bout previews if we as players , sorry top end streamers are allowed to make content for players like i.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phagelives View Post
    when is alpha going live? who cares bout previews if we as players , sorry top end streamers are allowed to make content for players like i.
    buy a few sub bots on twitch or youtube than you might be able to join
    Last edited by Julmara; 2024-04-18 at 08:20 PM.

ok, i'm hyped for TWW

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phagelives View Post
    People have it, they’re downloading as we speak

Okay, this is a big win. I'm a doomer, but TWW seems to really be trying to fix the game from all I've seen.
    I still dare not hope, but maybe it won't suck?

Now I remember what the new character selection screen reminds me of. Its Lost Ark!

You can change backgrounds and music, as far as I can remember, and characters are physically in the setting (like the one sitting on the rock). But WoW's looks a bit more involved, especially if you've a huge amount of toons. Would be cool to see the characters sat about, or talking to each other, or whatever you else you can think of.

Every single seconds of that video was more amazing than the last. Warbands can't get here soon enough!

More than 2,000 achievements fitted so that progress across all characters is combined together whomg I'm gonna get sooo many points on release day Im ready to squeel lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Means the Scouting Map toys will become irrelevant, which on the one hand is nice not needing to remember to use on a new character or waiting for Blizzard to add a new toy for the latest expansion content. On the other hand, dang I will miss spamming exploration achievements in chat.

Also, I hope they'll eventually expand the Warband preview to more than four of your account's characters. I would prefer being able to have a preview slot for each class in WoW but given how unlikely that is, I think six would be nice.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you remove a character from a warband, does it loose the shared things?
    And if a character with alot of transmog leaves the warband, do the other 3 still be able to get the looks?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    If you remove a character from a warband, does it loose the shared things?
    And if a character with alot of transmog leaves the warband, do the other 3 still be able to get the looks?
    You can't remove a character from your warband, your warband is your entire account.

Those slots on the select screen are just quick select for your four favorite characters.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we can get different scenes for the character select screen

Now this is one feature I can't wait to play with. Will make farming transmog a lot easier.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Means the Scouting Map toys will become irrelevant, which on the one hand is nice not needing to remember to use on a new character or waiting for Blizzard to add a new toy for the latest expansion content. On the other hand, dang I will miss spamming exploration achievements in chat.

Also, I hope they'll eventually expand the Warband preview to more than four of your account's characters. I would prefer being able to have a preview slot for each class in WoW but given how unlikely that is, I think six would be nice.
    would make sense why there isn't a Dragonflight Scouting Map toy yet. we had the SL one by now, but yeah if they're becoming obsolete then why add them. although that being said, the toy isn't exactly the same... the Scouting Maps gave full explore, this new one only does the reveal if one of your characters has done the exploring first.

Quote Originally Posted by ukko View Post
    ok, i'm hyped for TWW
    I'm going to be hyped once I read what is the story about and how everything is going to proceed.
    For me, there is not going to be preorders (just like DF and SL) and wait until I read some reviews about the story writing and lore on this expansion.
    I already had enough of DF cringe cinematics and poor story plot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    Now I remember what the new character selection screen reminds me of. Its Lost Ark!

You can change backgrounds and music, as far as I can remember, and characters are physically in the setting (like the one sitting on the rock). But WoW's looks a bit more involved, especially if you've a huge amount of toons. Would be cool to see the characters sat about, or talking to each other, or whatever you else you can think of.
    That looks like....You virtual "girlfriend" screen selection (if you know what I mean)

Should have been a thing years ago...

Gold cost is beyond elitist for the banks. It's just going to encourage casual players to buy WoW Tokens. Disgusting.
    Last edited by Luthorite; 2024-04-18 at 11:19 PM.

inb4 wow is dead 64 claiming that this is elitist because its maxes at 4 characters instead of 8

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post

Gold cost is beyond elitist for the banks. It's just going to encourage casual players to buy WoW Tokens. Disgusting.
    Man, is there anything about this game that you like? Crying about Warbands is wild. The money for banks it almost certainly placeholders and if it isn't? Still far better than what we have now.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2024-04-18 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more hyped about warbands than any other feature in TWW. Unlocking transmogs is going to be so much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post

It's called a gold sink and the cost is spread out so only the last slot is prohibitively expensive. Is there anything you dont complain about?