Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    nah, this isnt how it works. the cap increases by 1, so you get 1 each week, and if you miss a week you can get 2. so ur only getting an item every 2 weeks.
    so if TWW releases on the 24th Sept, that is 22 in total (if it is indeed one a week). oh, is the weekly dungeon quest there? didn't that reward 2? so that would be 3 a week

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so if TWW releases on the 24th Sept, that is 22 in total (if it is indeed one a week). oh, is the weekly dungeon quest there? didn't that reward 2? so that would be 3 a week
    im pretty sure its the mythic+ bonus event weekly, so only if its actually up https://www.wowhead.com/news/2-bulli...ws-post-338391

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, "PTR is subject to change"

Since they're not saying the weekly quest will award Bullion... there's a chance that got axed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure its the mythic+ bonus event weekly, so only if its actually up https://www.wowhead.com/news/2-bulli...ws-post-338391
    yeah it's not there for the current weekly, the world quest one. I mean it makes sense though to add it to the weekly, to give people who don't raid a chance at getting some of these items.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Only way to get Bullion is to run the "Awakened" Raids?

Huge L to anyone that doesn't raid.

in before "BUT NORMAL IS A JOKE JUST GO DO IT LOL"
    Why do you need raid gear if you don't raid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    Only 1 bullion per week? Lmao.

God forbid they let players have fun and go nuts in the last season....
    Being able to buy your BiS trinket in 2 weeks that'll last you until War Within isn't fast enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Same raid for two weeks in a row is kind of lame. Guess they really need to milk this patch for a while.
    This makes literally no sense, do you people even think before you type out the whine?

- - - Updated - - -

yep, i was somewhat looking forward to season 4, but now that i see its gonna take 2 weeks to get a single item, when theres also a shit ton of cosmetics to buy with the bullion, it made me completely uninterested. Fat L. should be 2 a week minimum, and have the option to get them from m+
    The cosmetics are literally just the raid items, nothing you can't get elsewhere or probably don't already have

So you can either get a gauranteed BiS raid item every 2 weeks, or save up for your mount etc

I really don't get what players expect - just to get everything handed to you week one? Would that be fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    And there's the gatekeeper comments.

Right on cue

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad we've got some sort of clarity how this works 3/4 days before the patch :S Not sure why the Bullion/Rotation couldn't have been said sooner. Anyways 2 Weeks is better for 2 Day Guilds like ours who, being realistic are still unlikely to clear the Raids on Mythic in two weeks. I'm personally hoping we can turn off Awakened, as I'd rather my Guild kill Fyrakk which we missed out on and try and get mounts for our Raiders using S4 ilvl. S4 means very little to me personally outside of clearing Heroic for the Mount/Title, more of a DF achievement patch.

The Cosmetics for Bullions will be nice for my Alts, seems like I can ignore them for a few weeks and catchup, if it's anything like the Splintered Sparks have been in S2/3. Not sure why there's nothing from M+/PVP, but I guess M+ has its own system and this is Raid loot (which would mean people have even less incentive to Raid).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Even after this post, we still don't know how Dinars drop, we just know they drop from Awakened bosses.

In SL, you could only get Mythic-quality Dinar loot if you did Mythic raiding; it's still unclear if you can just queue the LFR, get your Dinar then push the item from 502 all the way to 535 with Crests. (I think that's how it works on the PTR?) If that is the case, there's... very little point in doing the raid at all, outside of just... getting the Dinars. I find this deliberate obfuscation of how this key component of Season 4 works to be incredibly frustrating. I don't raid right now but if the best-quality Dinar gear requires Mythic raiding then I'm going to want to find a Mythic guild... it'd be nice to know that before the season starts but apparently I'll learn just like everybody else.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2024-04-20 at 01:21 AM.

They already changed their minds on every 2 weeks for the raid rotation. Back to every week now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Anyways 2 Weeks is better for 2 Day Guilds like ours
    About that..

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Even after this post, we still don't know how Dinars drop, we just know they drop from Awakened bosses.

In SL, you could only get Mythic-quality Dinar loot if you did Mythic raiding; it's still unclear if you can just queue the LFR, get your Dinar then push the item from 502 all the way to 535 with Crests. (I think that's how it works on the PTR?) If that is the case, there's... very little point in doing the raid at all, outside of just... getting the Dinars. I find this deliberate obfuscation of how this key component of Season 4 works to be incredibly frustrating. I don't raid right now but if the best-quality Dinar gear requires Mythic raiding then I'm going to want to find a Mythic guild... it'd be nice to know that before the season starts but apparently I'll learn just like everybody else.
    There is only 1 type of dinar. And only 1 item you can buy with them. They are all on a 1/12 (or 1/14 for endboss items) upgrade track that ends at 528/535 ilevel. So you can do the lowest difficulty and get the same items mythic raiders buy with their dinars.

It's a bit frustrating that there are times blizzard makes blueposts that just shift the question to another point instead of answering the players question.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    There is only 1 type of dinar. And only 1 item you can buy with them. They are all on a 1/12 (or 1/14 for endboss items) upgrade track that ends at 528/535 ilevel. So you can do the lowest difficulty and get the same items mythic raiders buy with their dinars.

It's a bit frustrating that there are times blizzard makes blueposts that just shift the question to another point instead of answering the players question.
    Huh. So if the Dinar Bullion gear is on a higher track than Mythic then it's even worse since the gear that drops out of the raid will effectively be on a lower track... unless there's a yet-to-be-datamined Crest currency exclusive to the raid. Is it... really that hard for Blizzard to clarify this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they already flipped on the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    They already changed their minds on every 2 weeks for the raid rotation. Back to every week now.
    Yeah, I noticed that. The feedback for the 2-week rotation I saw was mostly positive, too... wonder why they reverted it so quickly.

Oh well.

Huh. So if the Dinar Bullion gear is on a higher track than Mythic then it's even worse since the gear that drops out of the raid will effectively be on a lower track... unless there's a yet-to-be-datamined Crest currency exclusive to the raid. Is it... really that hard for Blizzard to clarify this?
    They are not on a higher track. Mythic items also end up at 528/535 when fully upgraded same with other myth track loot. The bullion gear is on the "awakened" track which always starts at 493(which is i think what drops in m0) whereas myth track items start at 519. They end up at the same max ilevel though.

But i don't think its really worth it to raid mythic. Chances are you are getting enough buillons to buy most of the items you want before you see them drop.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2024-04-20 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    They are not on a higher track. Mythic items also end up at 528/535 when fully upgraded same with other myth track loot. The bullion gear is on the "awakened" track which always starts at 493 whereas myth track items start at 519. They end up at the same max ilevel though.

But i don't think its really worth it to raid mythic. Chances are you are getting enough buillons to buy most of the items you want before you see them drop.
    It seems like the only reason to do Mythic raid would be... to skip Crest upgrades and get a raid teleport? Hard pass.

It seems like the only reason to do Mythic raid would be... to skip Crest upgrades and get a raid teleport? Hard pass.
    That, and for farming the mount from Fyrrak if the guild is behind on prog, and it happens to be that weeks Fated. Pretty sure people can still go in there in non Fated weeks and kill it for the mount, too, which would be easier since it’s the current difficulty.
    I’m not really sure why Blizz is even increasing the damage numbers for Fated. Just let people have fun.

I'll sit this season out.

Will they change the way LFR loot works so people can actually get gear or will they still allow people in full 489 mythic gear to roll need on lfr loot? gearing via LFR is almost impossible thanks to all the loot goblins.

So LFR players can get potentially up to max mythic ilvl but, IIRC, you can only upgrade gear so far before it starts requiring crests that only drop from harder content, yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming the Bullions are account wide progress?
    Or are you able to acquire Bullions on each character?