Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: WotLK : Massive leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Malineros
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Murasame
    Death Knights? Playable as characters? That would take a lore retcon of truly epic proportions to make that possible. Only ways to become Death Knights so far from lore are to either:
    A. Become a fallen paladin who pledges his allegiance to the Lich King and is given a vampiric runeblade.
    B. Die as an orc and then be reincarnated in the body of a SW knight through a jeweled truncheon.

A and B would make you hostile to alliance and horde. So unless blizz plans to let you play a third faction serving the lich king i don't see Deaths Knights happening.
    wake up, they're letting you kill arthas, they don't give a crack about lore.
    Ending the story of major lore figures does not mean they no longer care about the lore. Everything must end, and new stories (and heroes and enemies/threats) rise in their place. Did Uther dying ruin the lore? No, it's part of it, as will be the defeat of the Lich King in this (or another) expansion.
    But ending the lore of major characters from a SINGLE PLAYER game in a multi-player hardcore raid only is complete and pure, inexcusable BS. Uther was a peripheral character who died in order to tell Arthas' story, so what, this is to tell the story of 25 wankers who sat there and slowly beat the Lich King to death? wow. awesome.

Ouch... This sounds bad, if it's true..

First off, if they make only one Hero Class for WotLK, everybody will want to play that. And yes, everybody will eventually get their hands on it if it's in the expansion. Just think of the Netherdrake.. Everybody's riding that over-sized lizard now, and there's not really much prestige about it anymore. And the devs have already stated they're making content for the masses, not for the select few.

Imagine the first 25-man raid in Northrend... Everybody will be arguing about who's gotta STFU and log off their Death Knight and fetch a healer alt instead 'cause otherwise they'll all be Shadow-using melee DpS and semi-tanks... Hopeless. :P

I mean, why force the players to reroll a new character after they "unlock" the Death Knight? I don't want new stuff I can only enjoy if I reroll. I want new stuff for my character! Give existing classes the option of transcending into Hero Classes instead of having players start a new character and leave their mains behind to rot. Also, what happens if you've already used your 8 character slots?

And why oh why make Inscription? That profession sounds borked already.. You're basically forced to pick it up to enhance all your skills and spells, then you can switch back to your old stuff, or what? No, if they want to add a new profession, add the long-requested Carpentry (AKA Woodworking).. How about a way to craft bows? Arrows? Staves? Campfire tinder, even?

*sigh*

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

ROFL @picture.
    That's just stupid.

I can confirm the Death Knight as a class. Blizzard banned me from the WoW forums for a week for "Posting about Unreleased Content" for asking about Death Knights..

Gorn

They ban you for everything you can even say that next expansion will include Chuck Norris as end game boss and you can get banned...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorn
    They ban you for everything you can even say that next expansion will include Chuck Norris as end game boss and you can get banned...
    HARRY POTTER !

Gorn

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    HARRY POTTER !
    lol, no i think that Harry Potter will help players kill Chuck norris, like Maiev in bt (my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    HARRY POTTER !
    lol, no i think that Harry Potter will help players kill Chuck norris, like Maiev in bt (my opinion)
    Harry Potter is hard core. He'll kick Chuck Norris all over town.

WARNING: Might count as HP7 spoilers... maybe?

"Hero Class" sounds offensive, as if we havent killed enough baddies to be considered heros, enough scurge to be knighted and sold enough vendors to keep every child in SW orphanage houses for the rest of there lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Discover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansos12
    And 2. 70% of the players that are 70 have already seen SSC, TK, and if there already in TK they have anywhere from 5-10 months to get to Hyjal/BT so by the time the expansion comes out plenty of people will be in BT. O and one other thing not every guild in WoW got into naxx, either Blizz did the same thing 8 months ago when BC came out.

r-tard :P
    Uh, what? Most servers have many, many more people that are not even in end game guilds. How can you sit there and say "70%" (sigh at people making percents up) of the player base has seen it? Sorry, but 70% of WoW isn't raiding and have NOT gone into SSC+. It is mostly casual. Mostly does not equal 70%.

How about you actually think before trying to post? "r-tard".
    hardcore pve content does not revolve around casuals, "r-tard".
    He said all level 70 players. That indicates that he included casuals. I responded accordingly. What about my post didn't you get? l2read before saying things that don't make sense.

NO where in my posts did I say anything about expansion? My post was about what death knights are and how they fit into the game. I was very careful about how I worded it. I said nothin of said expansion and they still banned me for discussing unreleased content..

Quote Originally Posted by Stuke
    NO where in my posts did I say anything about expansion? My post was about what death knights are and how they fit into the game. I was very careful about how I worded it. I said nothin of said expansion and they still banned me for discussing unreleased content..
    I'm sure you posting it right now had nothing to do with the expansion, no matter how you phrased it. And technically you are discussing unreleased content, but that doesn't mean it will be included in this expansion. You're making the assumption that since they banned you, it confirms it, which it does not.

that fake picture... isn't that a crypt stalker geared hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by clutch516
    I have two thoughts regarding this...

1. The majority of this is fake because this seems like a bad idea from a business perspective.

2. This is real, and Blizzard is simply getting desperate. Why? Not sure. We have 9 million players and they make plenty of money, which makes me think my first thought is more realistic.

Why would Blizzard make yet another level increase? It will be a pain in the butt to level from 0-80, which will make new players burned out before they even get to the max level. Not only that, but how long did we wait for the 1st expansion? Nearly 3 years? And we're already talking about a new expansion, which is retarded because 70% of the player-base will never see SSC, TK, BT, or Hyjal. Did I mention all of the current content will become obsolete just like Naxx did?
    i couldnt agree with you more

Go post about the Pyromancer, Archmage, Blademaster, Far Seer, Geomancer, and Vampire classes and you'll get banned to..

Especially if its in the General Forum where you probably put it..

BTW: Line up that FAQ with the Burning Crusade one, its similar.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockshaman
    that fake picture... isn't that a crypt stalker geared hunter?
    It's the hunter t4 set

Quote Originally Posted by Drdoom

1. The majority of this is fake because this seems like a bad idea from a business perspective.

2. This is real, and Blizzard is simply getting desperate. Why? Not sure. We have 9 million players and they make plenty of money, which makes me think my first thought is more realistic.

Why would Blizzard make yet another level increase? It will be a pain in the butt to level from 0-80, which will make new players burned out before they even get to the max level. Not only that, but how long did we wait for the 1st expansion? Nearly 3 years? And we're already talking about a new expansion, which is retarded because 70% of the player-base will never see SSC, TK, BT, or Hyjal. Did I mention all of the current content will become obsolete just like Naxx did?
    i couldnt agree with you more

How is it bad from a business perspective to have most of your 9 million subscribers buy another expansion, I don't understand. Even if, at worst, only 1/2 the people buy the next expansion... thats an instant kick of a fair sum of money into their pockets, even after paying all their fees to the distributors.

I don't understand how you can say more content is bad. If people can't beat SSC / TK right now, like most of my guild, another year or two's worth of trying is only going to get them pissed off and for them to stop trying. Having people beat their heads against the wall only means less subscribers, which would be ...bad from a business perspective!

New expansion means they can start out fresh on level footing (pretty much, as level as they're going to get). And try again. Do you honestly expect blizzard (and thus everyone) to wait for the majority of gamers to figure out how to dodge lurker spouts and such like? A lot of this new expansion content, even Naxx, wasn't meant for even close to the majority of gamers. It was something to strive for. If people aren't good enough or can't find good enough people to play with, they'll have nothing to strive for. People with nothing to strive for quit and play something else. Therefor you make new content every year. Preeeeetty simple.

My mind is boggled with your logic, I'm afraid. Blizzard getting desperate? Blizzard has been saying they were gonna do this for awhile now.

The man speaks the truth. and not to mention the cost of the xpacks. xpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    Go post about the Pyromancer, Archmage, Blademaster, Far Seer, Geomancer, and Vampire classes and you'll get banned to..

Especially if its in the General Forum where you probably put it..

BTW: Line up that FAQ with the Burning Crusade one, its similar.
    Where's he supposed to post that? In the Archmage subforums? :P

15+ Year Old Account

For some reason there's no bans on the european forums btw :P

Not even a single topic have been deleted.