Resistances for tanks

For certain bosses what are the reccomended resistances? My guild is looking at starting SSC and I'm currently the MT (druid 4/5 T4 with various other epics) and I'll probably end up tanking the corruption phase of hydross (as I'm tauren with the racial bonus of +10 nature resist). Should I gimp my gear by trying to break 200 Nature resist unbuffed? Or can I get away with just replacing my rings and maybe 1-2 pieces of gear to get like 100-110 resist unbuffed?

Also, if there are any other bosses in SSC/TK that require resistance gear what should I be shooting for with them?

Re: Resistances for tanks

If you are going to be tanking Hydross himself, you will need to hit 295 unbuffed, which will get you 365 buffed. You would also want to be close to the defense cap, as he does crit and will hit upwards of 10k towards the end of the phase if you don't have the cap resistance and defense.

There is no other fights in TK/SSC that require resistance. Next resistance fight is Mother Shahraz in BT.
    Cerysa - 70 Draenei Shaman - Invictus - Alexstrasza PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Jcon
    If you are going to be tanking Hydross himself, you will need to hit 295 unbuffed, which will get you 365 buffed. You would also want to be close to the defense cap, as he does crit and will hit upwards of 10k towards the end of the phase if you don't have the cap resistance and defense.

There is no other fights in TK/SSC that require resistance. Next resistance fight is Mother Shahraz in BT.
    Leotheras in demon phase requires the tank tanking to be in Fire resistance and some trash in Black Temple need are a million times easier if the tank has Nature resist gear.

Ok, So like I was checking Wowhead for some resistance gear... and it appears that there is hardly no resistance leather (except for Fire Reists from badges). There are the random pieces of jewelry and capes, but as for leather gear with stats (other than pre-bc Naxx/AQ gear). Just wandering if it's not even feasible for a druid to tank hydross, as there are quite a few pieces of plate gear (craftable) with Frost Resist and Nature Resist.

Quote Originally Posted by shujenka

Leotheras in demon phase requires the tank tanking to be in Fire resistance and some trash in Black Temple need are a million times easier if the tank has Nature resist gear.
    Yeah, Leotheras needs a fire resist tank. We use a warlock tank for that, probably why I forgot to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiation
    Ok, So like I was checking Wowhead for some resistance gear... and it appears that there is hardly no resistance leather (except for Fire Reists from badges). There are the random pieces of jewelry and capes, but as for leather gear with stats (other than pre-bc Naxx/AQ gear). Just wandering if it's not even feasible for a druid to tank hydross, as there are quite a few pieces of plate gear (craftable) with Frost Resist and Nature Resist.
    From what I have seen, it is really hard to find the gear for a druid to be able to tank Hydross himself. They do make great add tanks though, and you don't need that much resist then if any at all.

the gear warriors can get NR and FR wise are supperior to druids.
    Druids can only use green and blue gear with shitloads of stamina and nature or frost resistances. Like u siad yourself, the only gear you can get is fire resistance gear, and shadow resistance gear from BT, but since u won't need that untill you're clearing BT yourself; id suggest on having two warriors main tanking hydross in the frost and nature face.
    It's okay for you to tank any addds (1 at a time please) in half frost, and half nature gear. It only makes it easier for the healers if you have quite alot of FR/NR on you, but it's not nessesary. Easiest thing for you to do, is getting as much as NR and FR as you can, doesn't matter if it's cloth or leather, as long as it has stamina and resistance on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutyboots
    the gear warriors can get NR and FR wise are supperior to druids.
    Druids can only use green and blue gear with shitloads of stamina and nature or frost resistances. Like u siad yourself, the only gear you can get is fire resistance gear, and shadow resistance gear from BT, but since u won't need that untill you're clearing BT yourself; id suggest on having two warriors main tanking hydross in the frost and nature face.
    It's okay for you to tank any addds (1 at a time please) in half frost, and half nature gear. It only makes it easier for the healers if you have quite alot of FR/NR on you, but it's not nessesary. Easiest thing for you to do, is getting as much as NR and FR as you can, doesn't matter if it's cloth or leather, as long as it has stamina and resistance on it.
    Indeed Druids on hydross due to the limited itemization make the best offtanks on the adds. Put on about 200 NR and 200 FR if possible and you will do fine.

some trash in Black Temple need are a million times easier if the tank has Nature resist gear.

which one and where?
    German guy speaking bad english :/

Quote Originally Posted by bish
    some trash in Black Temple need are a million times easier if the tank has Nature resist gear.

which one and where?
    there are Nature Elementals patrolling in the sewers inmediatly when u enter (he doesn't mean the small ones, but the big ones). These do quite alot of dmg on a tank without NR 5-6k hits (can crit & crush), but with aprox 250 NR they hit for +-3000. After that just before highlord najenthus there is a trash pack *hardest trash in the instance* wich can have a NR mob wich hits quite hard, so you might want someone in some NR for that aswell, depending on the rest of your gear and number of tanks available.

The trash pull before and the pull right after Naj'entus is probably the hardest trash in the instance, although we don't use any NR for it. As long as your warlocks keep control of 2 spawns each and you interrupt the poison volley they do, it is pretty easy. The big elementals do hit hard, but as long as your healers are on top of it (which they should be by the time you are in BT), it isn't much of a problem.

Just a quick point, we have never used any resist gear on a druid OT tanking elementals for Hydross, and have never had an issue healing through it. They only take one at a time though.

One thing to remember, you absolutely do NOT want Hydross to crit you! If this means going slightly below the frost cap, that is fine. Unfortunately for a druid in blues and greens, I think it is really really difficult to stay above this cap and still have good enough frost resist AND hps.

Also, since I started accumulating t5 gear, I have not maxed my frost resist to tank hydross. I go in w/ 265 base, and this too has been absolutely no issue for my guild.

The trash pull before and the pull right after Naj'entus is probably the hardest trash in the instance, although we don't use any NR for it. As long as your warlocks keep control of 2 spawns each and you interrupt the poison volley they do, it is pretty easy. The big elementals do hit hard, but as long as your healers are on top of it (which they should be by the time you are in BT), it isn't much of a problem.
    we just skip those elementals lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cutyboots
    we just skip those elementals lol :P
    I think we enjoy killing them, because it seems the little spawns have a 50% drop rate of Marks of Illidari for us.

Does anybody know if you are gonna need loads of NR at Zul Aman?

as far as i know ZA will not need any resistance