Rating required for shield but not offhand...

According to the posted s3 previews, thats whats going to happen! Why? Shouldn't there either be a personal rating requirement for both types of this items or none of these?! Please make your comments.

Re: Rating required for shield but not offhand...

Assuming you are talking about the caster off-hands, I say no. Why no? Well the shield offers a very large amount of armor while the off-hands do not

Secretive

I agree with OP.

If a shield has an 1850 personal rating requirement then so should all off-hands, as technically they're as much a part of a player's wardrobe as a shield is.

Does a shield provide 'more' benefit to a player? Maybe.... But that's not the issue. The issue is one of equality - I'm a healer. I duel-wield... A healing mace and a book. A Rogue also dual-wields, except his weapons are a little more deadly. If his off-hand requires a rating, mine should too.

I don't agree. Shields can be gemmed, enchanted, and provide a good amount of armor, while my book just gives me stats. I cannot enchant it, and it provides no armor or slots for gems. (Besides, 1850 is not that hard to get anyway).

15+ Year Old Account

i agree with the OP here, while it shouldnt be a problem for me to get the requirements for the sheild it is still our off hand weapon just like any other class and casters off hands should not be any different.