Thread: Tankadin Gear

Re: Tankadin Gear

www.tankadin.com

for all your tankadin needs.

Tankadin Gear

I leveled a Tankadin for my guild, seeing as next patch they become probably unstoppable tanks (+10% more stam and a few other changes)

I was wondering, how would you gear out a Tankadin at 70? I know you are suppose to use spell damage swords, but couldn't you also use basic tank weapons or would that put me at a disadvantage? Could someone help me form a perfect set of Tanking Gear pre-Karazhan and pre-heroic?

So far I know that Crystalforged Sword (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32660)is one of the things I need, but what about shields and armor? Do I focus on heavy defense or heavy spell damage?
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Focus on Stam and Mitigation, you only need about 200~ spell dmg to hold agro, get exaulted with shatar get that shield get the sword that you listed or the one from Keeper of Time Revered, just get warrior tank gear and stack stam and mitigation gems inside of it. you dont need heavy spell dmg for nothing

15+ Year Old Account

i love this thread, as i was thinking about going tankadin as well, ty for the infoez...

I was told that having as little as 250 spell damage is all you need as a tankadin.

Here's what I'm wondering

If I took http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29362#dropped-by along with my tier gear, wouldn't I have enough spell damage to compensate? Add in that I'm an enchanter and have the +12 spell damage ring enchant (if thats any help)
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

I'm afraid it is impossible to get your outfit complete for raids without doing heroics. If you want to tank a boss you will have to be uncrushable, which means when Holy Shield is up that all your avoidence stats together add for a total of at least 102.4%. To archieve this any tankadin not decked out in full epics will need the libram bought with heroic badges (Libram of Repentance, 15 heroic badges, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29388); this librams adds an additional 5.33% block chance to your Holy Shield.

My suggested pre-raid outfit can be viewed at WoWDigger (don't mind my current outfit shown there, I recently got hacked so I am missing a lot of stuff). I am assuming you are Scryer here, which is a 'worst case scenerio'. If you are Aldor you can switch the enchant and the breastplate so you don't need Crystalforged Sword anymore. Also, if you're rich enough go and pick up engineering, the headpiece is excellent for a tankadin and gives quite an impressive amount of extra armor, stamina and dodge (and in 2.3 you will get the coolest flying mount ever of course).

Ooh, and 250 spelldamage is more than enough, if the boss hits you hard enough to be able to spam consecration trough out the fight you can easily manage with just 160 spelldamage.

As you can see I suggest you to only pick up 'normal' tanking gear and except for the sword completely ignore spelldamage (except for Spaulders of the Righteous, that is because they are the least worse tanking shoulders available at that level). Wether you need to focus on spelldamage or focus on defense depends on what you wish to do. If you want to tank bosses, go for defense with the only spelldamage coming from your weapon. If you want to off-tank huge packs (think SSC murlocs etc) go for a little addition of spelldamage from your armor.

Regarding the question about The Sun Eater: you will have to sacriface a lot of stamina/avoidance (more than you gain) by equipping tier gear instead of equipping 'normal' tanking gear (until you have acces to T6) to be able to wield The Sun Eater without giving up too much spelldamage. However, in a lot of fights you will be so high on the aggro list you can safely equip The Sun Eater halfway through the fight without losing aggro (be sure to enchant +40 spelldamage though).

EDIT: 250 spelldamage is more than enough by the way, if you have 150 spelldamage but boss hits you hard enough to be able to spam consecration through out the fight you will have no aggro problems (not more than a warrior at least). Ooh, and sorry for any grammitical errors and such, I'm from Holland so English is not my main language

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbel
    250 spelldamage is more than enough by the way, if you have 150 spelldamage but boss hits you hard enough to be able to spam consecration through out the fight you will have no aggro problems (not more than a warrior at least). Ooh, and sorry for any grammitical errors and such, I'm from Holland so English is not my main language
    Posts like this one make me cry.

Check my armoury: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...song&n=Arthran
    As you can see im more than Qualified to post about Protadins. I MT most 25man bosses for my guild.

The big big thing you want to look out for is spell damage. whilst yes the important 102.4% uncrushable number needs to be hit as fast as possible, the more spell damage you have translates directly into more threat. I really hate posts where people say "oh you'll only need 160-200 spell damage" because sure you can get away with that, but the fact of the matter is why would you want to scrape through with warrior levels of threat? Our main strength is the fact that we have the highest threat generation of all the tank, so push spell damage and utalise it.

On a gear pospective i say grab yourself the boots and belt from SSC paterns, the belt you will need crafted for you and depending on your server may hurt your pocket. But the boots you make yourself, arent too hard to farm the matts for and tbh the pattern drops annoyingly often so shouldnt be expensive on AH.
    Also get yourself the crafted tank bracers, they may not be much different to the bracers from attumen, but if you have them you dont need to wait for the drop.
    Devilshark cloak from steamvaults and the necklace from cenarion are amazing. If you cant get the crystalforged sword get the continuim blade from revered KoT. Which is also the rep you need for the amazing timewardens legs from there.
    Brooch of the Imortal king drops from terok, easily killable with a small group and farmable too ( <3 summonable bosses)

Apart from that its really just a case of farming heroics and level 70 instances. Even if you have to heal in them til you get your gear together