Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2.3 Patch : Heroic instances requirements lowered

It's worth its own news post, all the reputation requirements needed to enter heroic instances have been lowered to Honored instead of Revered.
    Originally Posted by Tigole (Blue Tracker)
    Heroic Keys now requires honored. Is it a bug or a new feature? I didn't find it on patch's notes.
    A: That's intended. It was a late change so the patch notes haven't been updated to reflect it.
    On a side note, the [item=22538] has been changed (Lower City honored instead of Scale of Sands revered)

Sunwell Plateau
    Small update, Tigole seems to post tons of nice things tonight, here is an ETA for the Sunwell Plateau and Sunwell Isle.
    Originally Posted by Tigole (Blue Tracker)
    Sunwell is coming along nicely. It will be on the PTR shortly after 2.3 goes to the live realms. We still need to perfect 2.3 a bit on the PTR.

The 5 person dungeon is complete and the 25 person raid instance is progressing nicely. There's also a cool "public" area featuring brand new daily quests called Sunwell Isle.

Re: 2.3 Patch : Heroic instances requirements lowered

/sigh.
    Time to armory everyone before doing a heroic.

oh MAN. Bou don't tell me you posted this 2 mins before me.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    /sigh.
    Why? What if they are an alt with extensive experience in various heroics, but they are just sick of grinding to revered?

Like 2 of my chars.

Deleted

indeed all poor geard players can now go >.< oh the pain wipe wipe :F

15+ Year Old Account

i only run heroics with compitent people i know or are at least ina respectable guild, becuase even at the revered level you still get alot of crappy people...

and /cheer for the new five-man, im very interested to see what it will be like, and more dailys are always a plus ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    On a side note, the [item=22538] has been changed (Lower City honored instead of Scale of Sands revered)
    lol... hyjal farming for nutting, suckers :x

That's a bit dumb, in my opinion.
    It takes a slight bit of work to grind up revered, honored can be completed before you even hit 70. It's going to be depressing. On the good side, que's will be full of people interested in doing heroics, but the majority won't be skilled enough for them. You're going to have to turn down a decent amount of people, but meh. Blizzard is probably doing this to ensure easy badges for 2.3's heroic rewards. >.>
    Iyos (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Iyos) - 70 NE Druid (Feral)

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    Why? What if they are an alt with extensive experience in various heroics, but they are just sick of grinding to revered?
    Depends on their gear level. If you are tanking/healing, you are likely revered with the faction anyway. I just don't want to see a bunch of people in blues/greens in the LFG. Time to go back to /who + Friends list to find people to group with.

The only good thing that comes of it is people who are geared enough, but didn't get rep with a faction or two. But those are rare and far between now.

I predict them removing the Heroic grind in some future patch, possible the expansion. If that were to be the case, it'd probably only be a level requirement to enter. :x

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    /sigh.
    No joke. Is it *really* that hard to get to revered? I HATE PvE, but I was damn close to revered with all major factions before I even hit 70.

Removing the attunement requirements for raid dungeons is one thing - I think the idea of an ungeared group jumping into TK and getting slaughtered is funny - but relaxing the requirements for heroics? Have fun pugging those, now.

As long as the tank and the healer aren't a complete idiots you can do whatever instance with whoever, if not.. then you're probably a part of the problem yourself.
    Macalister, Paladin on whichever realm I play on.
    http://www.pacifismguild.com/

after getting rev/exalted on 2chars and starting to pvp on my 3rd really cba getting rev'd factions again so i think the change is good. revered aint exactly hard to farm but its painfull stretch if you dont know bunch of people to constantly run 5 mans with, have u seen some of the pug groups atm, so many brainless wonders. took 3 odd hours doing one SL run on my rogue other night cos of poor tank/healer. blizz has made it so pvp'ers have to do heroics to get couple bits of gear so they changed this to make it less of a pve farm

Quote Originally Posted by GoLeMm
    lol... hyjal farming for nutting, suckers :x
    Seriously, right? I don't know anyone that farmed Hyjal for anything other than this enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by TWLFerel
    No joke. Is it *really* that hard to get to revered? I HATE PvE, but I was damn close to revered with all major factions before I even hit 70.

Removing the attunement requirements for raid dungeons is one thing - I think the idea of an ungeared group jumping into TK and getting slaughtered is funny - but relaxing the requirements for heroics? Have fun pugging those, now.
    I suppose at lvl 80, lvl 70 heroics won't be all that hard eve in greens. Hell, taking into account the superior lvl and new gear, even in whites or greys :P

Quote Originally Posted by Macalister
    As long as the tank and the healer aren't a complete idiots you can do whatever instance with whoever, if not.. then you're probably a part of the problem yourself.
    This attitude is seriously depressing. Yes, if your tank and healer seriously outgear the instance then they can carry any bunch of green geared DPS to success, however, if the tank and healer are geared to the point where with a group equally geared they can complete the instance then bringing along undergeared DPS will lead to fights lasting far longer than they need to which in turn leads to the healer going OOM before the end of the fight and the inevitable wipe.

On the other side a lot of people need to get over themselves here. Pugging is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be and often can be a lot of fun. Yeah you get the odd 5 hour wipefest that ends before you reach the 3rd boss in whatever instance but just as often you get great groups of good people where everything just works perfectly and the run is all the more pleasing because there was that chance at the start before you knew everyone that it could have been a disaster.

I saw the heroic key nerf coming a long way, for one reason alone: future druids. New toons will never spend the time grind old-school faction to revered and the new druids can kiss their epic flying form goodbye if not for this change.

Casuals and alt lovers benefit from this change too.

And while it causes them absolutely no harm, certain basement-dwellers have to cry over their bruised ego, how typical. Save the tears for your sad selves I say.

I assume that the new 5 man will have a heroic. Sounds like another attempt at narrowing the itemization gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabeetay
    I assume that the new 5 man will have a heroic. Sounds like another attempt at narrowing the itemization gap.
    Yes it will. It's confirmed. And the Sunwell will be with Kil'Jaeden. Also confirmed.