Archimonde tips?

Any tip how to deal with Archimonde? specialy how to deal with doomfire? we have huge problems there.. if you have some usefull tips i will be happy for them thx

Re: Archimonde tips?

- Get as many shamans as you can, tremor totem is king there
    - spread groups around him north, east, south, west and melee grp ... each grp with 1 decurser at least (mage/druid) except for melee grp

we have it like this.. but still some ppl specialy healers are getting in the fire..
    does doomfire have any rule? how its following or moving?

we did it like 40% once time.. now we are doing 60%...
    we are using medailons to prevent some fear on other we run out.. but still healers have to stay near tank.. and thats ugly moment.. cause doomfire sometimes lock them and burn..

Is it necessary (and if yes than why) to stay behind him.. for all dps and heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Trpaslo
    Is it necessary (and if yes than why) to stay behind him.. for all dps and heal?
    Just for melee dps (due to parry giving the boss increased attack speed etc), ranged guys can and should be on all four sides of him. You will not be able to prevent someone from getting doomfire, it will happen. But it's not like that should wipe you. Doomfire ticking + grip + air burst is annoying. There are pots that remove curses, you can make people have those ready and along with a HS even that combo is not dangerous then.
    Also pvp trinket/wotf should only be used when you actually run into a fear or if a healer needs to heal someone to prevent a death. Otherwise just ride the fear out. DPS does not matter much in this fight, as it was stated above, just survive.

The doomfire can chase people. The easiest way to dodge it is to just run to the side of it. It won't do a 180 degree turn. If you just run straight away from it, it follows and can catch you. If a car would come towards you, you also don't run away from it. You run to the side. That's how you evade doomfire as well.

Also putting raid marks on all decursers helps. That way it's easier for ranged to make sure they are always close to one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaib
    If you just run straight away from it, it follows and can catch you. If a car would come towards you, you also don't run away from it. You run to the side.
    Kek it's never caught me before, Bores Speed ftw!!!

But according to bosskillers.. where is written that you shouldnt stay before him, if you are ranged DPS.. and on some videos ppl are actually standing behind him.. and it looks like he is spawning doomfire in front of him.. (on the other side than raid stays)? So i hope there is some connection between riad positioning and doomfire..

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Trpaslo
    But according to bosskillers.. where is written that you shouldnt stay before him, if you are ranged DPS.. and on some videos ppl are actually standing behind him.. and it looks like he is spawning doomfire in front of him.. (on the other side than raid stays)? So i hope there is some connection between riad positioning and doomfire..
    Nope, he spawns fires 360 degrees around him, so your raid can be infront, behind or sides and it makes no difference.

Some raids spread all the way around him, with theory being that fires can only mess up a small section of your raid then, but it makes cross-group healing / de-cursing tricky.

In practice, you need to find what is comfortable for your guild, but the key (as said above) is changing your thinking from, "I'll just complete the cast on this fireball / heal before I run" to, "OMG! There's fire, I'll start running mid-cast to make sure I survive and then resume casting as soon as I am safe."

After all, the sooner you start to run, the sooner you can resume your role.

Don't use your trinket unless you need to.

"Need" is defined by a fear hitting you when you are anywhere near flames.

Shammy tremor totem makes life much simpler for groups.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Nope, he spawns fires 360 degrees around him, so your raid can be infront, behind or sides and it makes no difference.

Some raids spread all the way around him, with theory being that fires can only mess up a small section of your raid then, but it makes cross-group healing / de-cursing tricky.

In practice, you need to find what is comfortable for your guild, but the key (as said above) is changing your thinking from, "I'll just complete the cast on this fireball / heal before I run" to, "OMG! There's fire, I'll start running mid-cast to make sure I survive and then resume casting as soon as I am safe."

After all, the sooner you start to run, the sooner you can resume your role.

Don't use your trinket unless you need to.

"Need" is defined by a fear hitting you when you are anywhere near flames.

Shammy tremor totem makes life much simpler for groups.
    Another Tip is to have people run the Doom fires Straight out. This way they don't loop around in to people from behind or completely in circle groups of people
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

thx for advices..
    Downed..
    we were in 360 degrees.. good spreading.. and so on

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully he's figured this out in the 8 years since it was posted. Closing.