Thread: Onyxia solo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Onyxia solo

Quote Originally Posted by p3lim
    If my memory serves me right, in phase two melee can stand right under onyxia to use auto-attack
    Thats correct

Deleted

Hmmm, how long ago did they change that and why I wonder? Always used to be, as someone said, that you could only hit flying stage 2 Onyxia with special attacks (SS etc for a rogue).

Don't think I've been to Onyxia since about 3 weeks before expansion, when we used my hunter's pet cat to tank Onyxia for a laugh and healers commented it was easier than healing most warriors .... >

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by p3lim
    If my memory serves me right, in phase two melee can stand right under onyxia to use auto-attack
    They can but its can be sometimes tricky to get positned and will you be able to down her since her fire damage can be harsh in P2, as well as her Fear/Fire Damage in P3. I think a Hunter BM might be able to with IMP and a AC/HP/Fire Speced Tank Pet with 2pice T5. MP ticks for 475/3 with 2pc T5 thay can get another 200ish healing/sec and a Tanking Pet speced in to Tough Hide would be able to get their Pet to 15k-18k Armor. That would put them in the same AC range of the Shammy we see in the pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Idd exept warriors since auto attack doesnt work on phase 2 only special attacks. So for a rogue or a mana user it would be no problem.

A shaman probably has the highest chances of actually doing this.

High armor + healing + spell dmg from healing.

Here is what I recommend, make sure to have 5.6% crit reduction from resilience.

Bring a high dps main hands if you have one.

For consumables I'd recommend, an Agi Pot (+35 agi and 20 CR) and the one that increases your HP/Health regeneration, also spell hit food.

I would also use a build like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hxcZVV0zZx0exVcotez I really wanted to put flurry into the build but felt that 10% reduction in fire damage taken was worth more.

Phase 2 will probably be the hardest because of adds though phase 3 will not be easy either.

I forget if Deep Breath has a timer but if you can drop a tremor totem 3 seconds before it happens you could probably spend minimal time feared.

It sounds fun so good luck maybe I'll give it a shot

I wonder if its possible to solo any other old world bosses I'll have to look some of them up

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzl
    Idd exept warriors since auto attack doesnt work on phase 2 only special attacks. So for a rogue or a mana user it would be no problem.
    auto attack was changed for all melee, hence them saying auto attack :P

would be terribly bias'd if blizzard allowed rogues to dps ony during p2 and not warriors :P

I heard in 2.3 Onyxia Deep Breaths more often
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Sweet nice objective, would be awsome if you could do it. But don't forget. Even if you avoid all the deep breaths and manage to kill all the whelps. From what I can remember that in phase 3 she fears a lot. Also don't forgot at 5% her dmg goes up 25%.

Wait lvl 80

Are you using fire resist gear ? spammong mana pot ? use a particlar template ?

I saw your gear and healing stats on armory ... i think i'll try ony solo too

(sorry for my english, i'm french

I have seen Onyxia soloed before. There was a video made not too long ago of a holy paladin soloing her with retribution aura, consecrate, auto swing, etc. It took the paladin a little over 8 hours to solo her. (The video was shown at 16x speed). Not worth the time unless you consider the fact that you soloed her a good enough reward.

Makes me said that 40 people could wipe on this boss little more than a year ago.

Anyone know if hes been deep breathing more?

Actually, Onyxia is a chick and what you are doing freakin awesome ;D Keep up the work and Good Luck!
    Warriors' Armory profile: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&cn=Vikon
    Mages' Armory profile: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&cn=Goatluver

Quote Originally Posted by Spalm
    Makes me said that 40 people could wipe on this boss little more than a year ago.

Anyone know if hes been deep breathing more?
    Not with Naxx gear. She could've easily been 10 manned with it. :]
    But 2 years ago... yeah.