Page 1 of 779
... LastLast

Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

This is THE thread where you can post ANY question about UI/Mods like "LF for a rogue UI", "whats that ui",
    "whats that mod" or "a mod that does this", etc...

Be descriptive of what you want and post a link to a picture if you can.

Use QUOTES when you reply to someone!

Deleted

Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

I took a look at BaudConsumables (from the Post You UI thread) and found it very usefull to reduce action bar space taken (configuration = be able to write an intem name in a lua file), however I'm wondering wether there is a way to get all healthstones in just one button.
    Ideally, the highest one would be used first, then the next one if I have several in my bags, ... (the problem is for same rank but differently talented healthstones, not different ranks).

Well im looking for a Shadow Priest UI. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bertu
    Caithlyns?

Hey I posted a week or so ago about some font problems and wasn't able to resolve them yet. Hoping more people will read this thread with some more advanced UI experience who have encountered this problem. The problem is there are a few custom fonts that I have been trying to use for my unitframes and combat text that are not displaying correctly. A few of the characters will have peices missing from them, for instance one font doesnt display all of the n, t or R letters and another font is actually much worse and lots of the characters have chunks missing. When I use these fonts in any other program (e.g. word, photoshop) everything is crystal clear. And if I open the font file in my wow directory everything looks 100%. I know Coldfury mentioned it possibly being an issue with scaling. My UI is 100 percent custom so the UI scale was at default still, although I did try to set it to every possible scale and nothing changed. I will try to get a picture of this sometime today to show you exactly what I mean, as it is kind of hard to explain I think if you haven't encountered this before. Thanks again, any feedback would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dje
    I took a look at BaudConsumables (from the Post You UI thread) and found it very usefull to reduce action bar space taken (configuration = be able to write an intem name in a lua file), however I'm wondering wether there is a way to get all healthstones in just one button.
    Ideally, the highest one would be used first, then the next one if I have several in my bags, ... (the problem is for same rank but differently talented healthstones, not different ranks).
    its no possible from the way BC works. It take in consideration item priority based on item# and all Master Healthstones has the same item#.

Quote Originally Posted by bertu
    Me too

This is probably quite a complicated questions so no hard feelings if you don't know the answer!
    It's about MikScrollingBattleText. I'm trying to make a custom trigger which prints a message on the screen whenever you are able to cast Power Word: Shield on yourself (priest). So basically the trigger should be something like; when Weakened Soul fades from you print random message and I'm decently familiar with making triggers for this addon but I haven't been able to do this before. Mik himself (author of the mod) gave me this reply:
    "The combat log does not give another message when you already have a refreshable buff such as PW:S on you. If there is no combat log message then MSBT can't know about it."
    Not sure if he correctly interpreted my question thou, hope I can find some help here!

I would like to know if there is any way to make my UI look the same for ALL characters. I really dont want to copy paste the WTF folder for every char. Any ideas?

//Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by Noobinator
    I would like to know if there is any way to make my UI look the same for ALL characters. I really dont want to copy paste the WTF folder for every char. Any ideas?

//Noobinator
    For some reason all my UI do this by default.. no idea why

But for your case, alot of mods.. specifically ace ones..have profiles for the settings. What you might want to do is saving the profiles and loading them onto your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski
    For some reason all my UI do this by default.. no idea why

But for your case, alot of mods.. specifically ace ones..have profiles for the settings. What you might want to do is saving the profiles and loading them onto your other characters.
    Ok, thanks. Ill try this

Raid Monitor

I am looking for a Monitor for raids and regular 5-man parties to show the group's mana, the healer's mana and the party's hp.

I know there is one from Xperl, but it is not very configurable, You can only choose by classes whom to show, but druid's are not always the healers, same goes for paladins and priests. And it can't be used in 5-man parties.

Does anyone know any other form of raid monitors that can be used in 5-man parties?

Hey im looking for a hunter UI preferably one that looks like:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4...7153530rc5.jpg

if anyone has any suggestions of any existing UIs please reply. Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Ansos12
    Hey im looking for a hunter UI preferably one that looks like:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4...7153530rc5.jpg

if anyone has any suggestions of any existing UIs please reply. Thank You
    he already uploaded his, or at lease some1 did that was similar to this, search in the post ur ui thread.

Alright guys. Seems like this place is pretty cool for some technical help. I think that I need some myself. I have a lvl 70 Holy Pally. My goal is to be a little more efficient where I can. I feel that I am pretty good with the heals, and the attention of people who need a pally (especially a healer) to fulfill a role of one. My question is this... I use a few addons, but I need to know the best addons for healing in raids/instances/arena. I am somewhat overwhelmed when I look up some of the addons and what they do. There are a ton of choices. What combo of addons work best and where can I get them?

Naytball
    Windrunner

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naytball
    Alright guys. Seems like this place is pretty cool for some technical help. I think that I need some myself. I have a lvl 70 Holy Pally. My goal is to be a little more efficient where I can. I feel that I am pretty good with the heals, and the attention of people who need a pally (especially a healer) to fulfill a role of one. My question is this... I use a few addons, but I need to know the best addons for healing in raids/instances/arena. I am somewhat overwhelmed when I look up some of the addons and what they do. There are a ton of choices. What combo of addons work best and where can I get them?

Naytball
    Windrunner
    First of all there is nothing like "best addons for healing". There are a couple of addons out there which can be used. It all depends on what you need and what you like.

My choice was just "Grid" (wowace.com). I just don't use anything else. People often tell me "omg come on get SmartDebuff" and stuff like that but i just don't need it and don't like it.

You simply can't say "these are the best, download them and you'll be a perfect healer". Take your time and look at some addons. Choose those you like and you'll be happy.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi
    i've seen a few UI's around with minimap buttons skinned... was wondering if this is done with moving the minimap button and apply a eepanel or is it some sort of mod?

squared minimap button with blackish border etc...

and sorry no don't have a SS around atm.

thanks in advance,

Kakashi

i'll ask again since none seems to answer...

Edit: Sorry did some more research(wich i should have done in the first place but well yeah.. was in hospital earlier so wasn't allowed much time on the computer :/) but anyways found it out
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    First of all there is nothing like "best addons for healing". There are a couple of addons out there which can be used. It all depends on what you need and what you like.

My choice was just "Grid" (wowace.com). I just don't use anything else. People often tell me "omg come on get SmartDebuff" and stuff like that but i just don't need it and don't like it.

You simply can't say "these are the best, download them and you'll be a perfect healer". Take your time and look at some addons. Choose those you like and you'll be happy.
    I appreciate that help!

I guess what I was also hinting at for an answer to this is... Are there "better" addons for healing in arena vs. healing in a raid? Can any one give me some suggestions on good heal addons?

Quote Originally Posted by Naytball
    I appreciate that help!

I guess what I was also hinting at for an answer to this is... Are there "better" addons for healing in arena vs. healing in a raid? Can any one give me some suggestions on good heal addons?
    there is no such thing as heal/healing addon...

its called a raid frames.

the raid frames is there to tell you when ppl need healing, ur job is to target(or mouseover with macro) them and heal them.

you can costumize that raid frames to suit ur needs better, like showing missing hp/curable debuffs/castable buffs/etc.. but it still only a raid frames. The thing doing all the job is you, and it will always be like that.

If you don't know how to heal, there is no addons that can help you on that.

Well anyway there are no "best" Addons for healling. There are Addons that make it easier for you to figure out who needs healing and where are some Debuffs to remove. Thats it. Some people like Pitbullframes (mostly customized) some other think its best to Heal with Grid and Clique or something like that... I guess you have to find out whats best for you urself.