Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ainuri
    how do i change the borders around the buffs and debuffs for pitbull? i mean the look of them, like a voim or a caith border.
    World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Pitbull\Aura

Find Aura.tga , and change it. No, there's no other way, yes it's complicated.

I have a question regarding grid.

I have it setup exactly the way I want, but sometimes when I login all the settings are gone. So i created a new profile that is not default and set it up as i want it. Then after a couple of logins it reset my grid so I didn't have my profile anymore.

What is causing this resetting and how can I prevent it? I ended up making a macro to setup the way I want each time I login but that is not a good fix to this problem. I am running on Vista BTW. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Pitbull\Aura

Find Aura.tga , and change it. No, there's no other way, yes it's complicated.
    but change it to what! i tried searching various forums and could not find any infomation.

Really hope someone can help me, I had my stuff setup just the way I wanted it before 3.0. Took me a while to get it that way lol but now it is all back to default. Main problem is this, on my player frame using Pitbull it has my name 10,000/1000 health then 100% and when I get hit for example it will show. Name -1000 9,000/10,000 99%. I just want it to show my name and 10,000/10,000. How do I turn off the % of health and it showing how much health I have lost?

Hello all! Since the patch, I am in need of a few mods. One in particular that I want to change up is my unit frames. I used Xperl before 3.0.2 patch, and im sure theres an upgraded version, but im looking for something new.

I like this one: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2...8143226jf8.jpg

I just dont know what unit frames he/she is using. Also, what action bars is that as well? Please help! And thanks in advanced!

Quote Originally Posted by Mononoke
    I like this one: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2...8143226jf8.jpg

I just dont know what unit frames he/she is using. Also, what action bars is that as well? Please help! And thanks in advanced!
    I would guess those UFs are modified Pitbull frames, and the actionbars could be Bartender4/Dominos/Bongos, but I'm not entirely sure, perhaps someone else can shed some light on this.

As actionbar mod I use dominos because it's easy to configure and easy to bind keys. It doesn't take up much memory usage either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I'll miss how the old Tree of Life looked like it was in a constant state of panic while healing, running around with its arms flailing up in the air going "OH GOD, HOW DID I GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH INTERNETS!"

Question...

the new pitbull shows durations on ALL buffs / debuffs on the target and its gettign really hard to keep track of my dots without a properly working Dotimer... anyone know how to make it so only my dots have the countdown timer on their icons ?

I would like to know about some Dope Mods/UI for a shaman I use mods like Totem Timer and Xpearl but whats some good mods since new patch to get ?

hey there,
    im searching for 2 things. first: an addon that pops up an button or a warning everytime i get a bleed effect. im tired of watching my debuffs as a rogue because i usually use cloak to remove everything. now i got a new talent (hunger for blood) which allows me to remove a bleed effect and restores 15 energy so it would be nice if there was an addon that remembers me everytime i get a bleed effect.

and second im searching for a nice timerbar. i play rogue and it would be nice if there was one addon for snd, rupture, poisondurations, stuns etc. would be nice if someone could tell me an addon for this.

thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor
    hey there,
    im searching for 2 things. first: an addon that pops up an button or a warning everytime i get a bleed effect. im tired of watching my debuffs as a rogue because i usually use cloak to remove everything. now i got a new talent (hunger for blood) which allows me to remove a bleed effect and restores 15 energy so it would be nice if there was an addon that remembers me everytime i get a bleed effect.

and second im searching for a nice timerbar. i play rogue and it would be nice if there was one addon for snd, rupture, poisondurations, stuns etc. would be nice if someone could tell me an addon for this.

thank you in advance

Don't know about the bleeds, sounds like a great idea tho - much like with scrolling text addons when they say "Vanish is ready for use", a text could pop up saying "Ruptured!" - maybe someone could make one.

Now, timers for poison durations, SnD etc, classtimers (curse has it) is fantastic. It lets you have timers for yourself (vanish, snd, etc) and then timers for your target (instant poison, rupture, garrote, cheapshot etc) and timers for focus. I think it may have it for party too, not sure. But it's fully customisable - its a great addon.

yeah classtimer pretty much is what i was searching for. i tried it yesterday but it was bugged, now it works, thanks

now theres still my other problem:

Hello . I googled everything but i still couldnt find a nice UP iackage with all AddOns and wtf folder download . So i just need to install it . I used 1 year Ryas UI i really like hes UI but i couldnt find any 3.0 update . Is there anyone who has an Updated version with WTf Folder etc . ? Or do u know any similar nice lookin UI with download links ?
    Im a hunter , raiding
    Ps: Yes i updated all my AddOns , i hoped that i can keep my old UI but unofrtunalte everything fucked up, PitBull aint workin somehow, cant see my chat etc .
    Sápy the hunter

Greetings,

Im looking for a addon "ruler" or something that could help me to take measures inside my wow screen.
    Or any idea how do you make it.
    Imagine that you have download an addon to replace the blizzard bars (like bartender, dominos, bongos, etc...)
    and you want to center the bar in the middle bottom of the screen.
    You do it by "eye" or do you have an addon or a way to know where is the middle exactly.

Thx in advance for further help.

Hey guys! I'm looking for the following:

The mod that shows health bars and mana bars above the enemies' heads as they move around (for an example, stream this movie, you can see the bars i'm talking about in the first clip http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=87269

Also, i would like a mod that combines all my bags into just one big bag - i've seen this before but i haven't been able to find a functioning mod.

A mod which made a purple, blue or green border on my items in my bags would be great.

Finally, an updated version of either ItemRack, xLoot, TrinketMenu, ag_Unitframes, Arena Unit Frames (of some sort), Atlas maps, and Power Auras would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

The addon Bagnon will make all your bags one bag and have a color boarder for the rarity of the item

I need a little help

I made a Screen and this what I've marked ... I don't know this addon or how I can remove it. I think it's pitbull, but I'm not sure

Thx for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Babcok
    I need a little help

I made a Screen and this what I've marked ... I don't know this addon or how I can remove it. I think it's pitbull, but I'm not sure

Thx for your help

No, it's QUARTZ buff modus. Turn it off and it'll go away.

I was just curious if anyone else was having problems when they try to change the colors of addons (omen transparity, buttonfacade, etc). I keep getting rather annoying errors and was just wondering if it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sankara
    Greetings,

Im looking for a addon "ruler" or something that could help me to take measures inside my wow screen.
    Or any idea how do you make it.
    Imagine that you have download an addon to replace the blizzard bars (like bartender, dominos, bongos, etc...)
    and you want to center the bar in the middle bottom of the screen.
    You do it by "eye" or do you have an addon or a way to know where is the middle exactly.

Thx in advance for further help.
    Align might be what you are looking for, with the command /align it places a grid on your screen. You will find it on Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Peet
    Hey guys! I'm looking for the following:

The mod that shows health bars and mana bars above the enemies' heads as they move around (for an example, stream this movie, you can see the bars i'm talking about in the first clip http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=87269

Also, i would like a mod that combines all my bags into just one big bag - i've seen this before but i haven't been able to find a functioning mod.

A mod which made a purple, blue or green border on my items in my bags would be great.

Finally, an updated version of either ItemRack, xLoot, TrinketMenu, ag_Unitframes, Arena Unit Frames (of some sort), Atlas maps, and Power Auras would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Aloft is fantastic for the health above players heads, but it has not been updated yet for the new patch, keep an eye out on Curse over the next few days.

There are many bag interfaces out there - again check out Curse.

For maps, try Cartographer.

The other mods, I don't know - Curse is your friend!