Any way to get the % signs away in shadowed Unitframes?

also curious if you can make the Portrait box larger than the health/power combined?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Any way to get the % signs away in shadowed Unitframes?
    also curious if you can make the Portrait box larger than the health/power combined?
    For the former, adjust the text on the various bars in the settings. For the later, you might find using the "empty" bar useful -- I have what looks like an "L" shape by "filling" the top-right with the "empty" bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    For the former, adjust the text on the various bars in the settings. For the later, you might find using the "empty" bar useful -- I have what looks like an "L" shape by "filling" the top-right with the "empty" bar.
    empty bar worked, thanks!

annd with the text i think i wasnt clear enough.

at target frame i dont want health. i want percentage. but i can only get 100%, i just want it to show the numeric. aka 100.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-01-11 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    empty bar worked, thanks!
    annd with the text i think i wasnt clear enough.
    at target frame i dont want health. i want percentage. but i can only get 100%, i just want it to show the numeric. aka 100.
    Oh. If there isn't a default value, you can implement a custom text using a tiny bit of lua to return the percentage undecorated, in the SUF options.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am trying to make a WeakAura to track as soon as Pol casts Interrupting shout and this is what I made and it isn't working.

Code:
    dudxcaGErkTlvvTnjyMIKmxrQMTQ8nuXovO9s2nu7hj6NII(RK63OmujYGvvA4i1XeW5uvzHsulvKWIfLSCepuuXtbltsEUs3wOMQIMSGMoLlkk1Pv5zc01HSrrHplKnlITlHUmvJdv10uW3fP4Xs5KOsJgjmErsDjrIULOQRHQCEK0HLQxlQ0WuvScOPGybHcc1uqQZmjzDtzKNxWc8ke43VcdC4ufKxLsYpmiGAMjjRBkd(b)eKxqo84xXPa)av8vs(bocmYff5enfSmeP5i8zcMujDCp0fSmeP5ckXEccrKUDmSGkbO1Rr4ZuzbgvAxGx0XMa061ldrAUklWl6ytqoS4S6gLFtflsaA96L2FVXESRYcqRxVmeP5i8zklbiSx0XMa7I9qbO1RxAVDjxREzisZr4ZuzblT)EJ9yxaxS5eeTD4ik)cuWqMmb0eweX3TeXB3EmSghe8y9qnfqypxtbXONDAktMaR)CSPPGy0ZonLjtaP3CnfeJE2PPmzYeKWWgCP11y1GGWBPFDQG1B5UcsjTaIhDm8KkTl4AmSGluqj2lpxS5ecI2oCeLFbkyitagfpjxuKtwngqq4T0VovUngwaxS5KKEZtNBJH30ttNqogPo8wcI2oC0sbdzcwR3YDlXoSjiNShNzNczcwbv))8)3F(ckQXadvFKjb
    any ideas on how to get it to work? I have even tried it with Source Unit ticked and that is set to Specific Unit. I put the timer to 2 seconds even though it is a 3 second cast because I want to use it to pop devo as soon as the aura gets down to 1 second so it is a second early.

hi guys.
    i was wondering if it's possible to have a chatframe resize depending on if you're in combat or not? out of combat i want the frame to be big, in combat i want it to resize and make room for my damage meter. is this possible and how extensive would the .lua be? i can't do .lua at all, so would appreciate any help i can get. thanks!

I decided it might be fun(ny) to make a mod that allows you to see the "rarity" of your titles so you can pick the rarest of your titles to show off to your friends. Mod name would be special-snowflake. The first thing I figured that needed to be done is create some database that contains a linking of every character on your realm to their titles. I've done this locally just pulling data from the wow api (initially just for my realm to test), but now I'm wondering exactly how to interact with the data via an addon. So my questions:

Is it possible to pull data from an external api via a lua addon in WoW?
    If not, does that mean I have to transfer that data to a lua table that I can read in in-game?
    If I do have to use static data, does that mean I have to release an update every time I update the data?
    Any idea how the TSM application does this with their AH data?

Rarity of titles doesn't change a whole lot until new titles are added. Or things like Mythic bosses getting nerfed and all of a sudden everyone and their brother gets the kill/title. But I'd still like to be able to update the data on a semi-frequent basis (once every couple of weeks or once a month). Any help is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    I decided it might be fun(ny) to make a mod that allows you to see the "rarity" of your titles so you can pick the rarest of your titles to show off to your friends.

Is it possible to pull data from an external api via a lua addon in WoW?
    No, absolutely not. You cannot access any external data from inside the game, under any circumstances, and this will never* be allowed -- Blizzard are pretty clear they consider this a sandbox boundary necessary to avoid exploits. (Legitimately, I think, since allowing this also allows communication out of the game to the external service through side-channels if nothing else, which would make botting and other cheating tools *way* more efficient. See the ones that use screen-capping and encoded data in a displayed frame to do that now.)

If not, does that mean I have to transfer that data to a lua table that I can read in in-game?
    Correct.

If I do have to use static data, does that mean I have to release an update every time I update the data?
    Yes.

Any idea how the TSM application does this with their AH data?
    Their application is running outside of WoW, and writes to the SavedVariables lua file. When loaded, wow just reads that as lua to set up the appropriate in-game variables. That loading happens during UI init, and only during UI init, which is what makes it impossible to abuse this during gameplay, and also what means you need to reload the UI to import new data from the AH.

Note that the same file is *saved* by WoW, overwriting whatever is contained, when the UI exits. So if your addon changed that content at all at runtime, that would replace what the external app downloaded.

FWIW, it is almost certainly simpler for you to just write some script that you run on your computer to extract the data from whatever API you use to gather it, and dump a static lua file to disk that you then push to curse as a new version of the addon. Trying to convince people to run your native updater is a *huge* burden compared to just having the dev update things.

(They also have in-game scanning of the AH that can pull the same data using Blizzard API, but you don't care about that.)

* for values of "never" that include "until the devs change their mind, but this seems unlikely to ever happen at the current time"

Deleted
    Hey everyone!

I'm having some issue with grid along with gridindicationextra - http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gridindicatorextra
    So the problem I'm having is, as you can see on this picture - http://i.imgur.com/QcbBg4b.jpg - When the hots reach sub 10 seconds, it gets an enlarged time-remaining in the lower right corner of the icon and when I switched to gridindicationextra(much smoother addon, the current one I'm using is 4 years outdated) is that that exact thing isnt happening this is how it looks - http://i.imgur.com/apTlq27.jpg

If anyone knows how I can get the enlarged icons in the right corner of the icon with gridindicationextra that would be great, I contacted the author of the addon but he didn't know.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I'm looking for an add-on that will help me skin my item, bag slots, micro menu borders to something like this:

and

This is from the add-on Skinner. My problem is that when I enable this option for the micro menu a black bar pops up behind it and it does not work for my bag/items. Also, how do I get the chat tabs and the tabs that say 'Character' 'Reputation' 'Currency' etc. in the character panel to have a border with Skinner?

I hope I have managed to explain this properly, as I suck so hard at explanations it's laughable.
    Last edited by Penegal; 2015-01-13 at 06:15 PM.

For some reason i cant get gridindicatorextra to do the visual timeout on its own. Does anyone know the reason for this? Either it comes with huge text as its countdown or i have to suffice with just the icon.

NVM Blizz integrated their own cooldown text.
    Last edited by ProphetNoata; 2015-01-14 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by santera View Post
    hi guys.
    i was wondering if it's possible to have a chatframe resize depending on if you're in combat or not? out of combat i want the frame to be big, in combat i want it to resize and make room for my damage meter. is this possible and how extensive would the .lua be? i can't do .lua at all, so would appreciate any help i can get. thanks!
    anyone?

also would like to know if anyone here is good with gnosis. currently i have a lot of dot timers, but i want to have them attached to the same point. then say if i have 3 bars, A, B and C, i want A to have the lowest position. if A isn't active, but B is, then B has that position. should A and B be active, then B will be on top of A and so on. i have tried anchoring, but it didnt work
    Last edited by santera; 2015-01-14 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    Hey; was looking for a simple auto swing timer.

I've tried Whammyautoswing, but I can't move the bar, so it's useless for me. I was wondering if their is a way to disable all asserts of Quartz apart from the swing timer, when I tried this myself, my own castbar was disabled, not just Quartz.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptnic View Post
    Hey; was looking for a simple auto swing timer.

I've tried Whammyautoswing, but I can't move the bar, so it's useless for me. I was wondering if their is a way to disable all asserts of Quartz apart from the swing timer, when I tried this myself, my own castbar was disabled, not just Quartz.

Thanks in advance.
    I think you can setup WeakAuras for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I think you can setup WeakAuras for this.
    I'll download and try, cheers matey.

Anyone with a weakaura for tracking Force Nova during Imperator Mythic? Searched everywhere so this is last resort.

Is it possible to make a weakaura that reads system messages? I have loggerhead installed, which automatically starts a combatlog when I enter a raid. I'm trying to make an aura that would read the system message that says logging has begun and give me an indication that reminds me to start the live log.

The system message is Combat being logged to Logs\WoWCombatLog.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Is it possible to make a weakaura that reads system messages?
    Not yet, patches for http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakaur...sage-triggers/ are welcome. Should be relatively easy to add.

Deleted

oUF Abu - Debuffs on Boss Frames

Hello there,

I'm currently using oUF Abu and am so far very happy with it. It's nice, clean and actually very lightweight on my old computer.

I have the following question and hope to find an answer from the community: It should be possible to track debuffs on the Boss Frames via the whitelisting-menu. The debuffs in question are Moonfire, Sunfire and Stellar Flare. I took the Spell IDs from the debuffs in question and inserted them in the Whitelist. However, in an actural Boss Fight, they don't show up.

Do you have an idea, what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Weak Auras]
    Is it possible to create a text aura which lists the dead people in a raid?