Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Hey, I have recently downloaded Caith's UI and when I change the resolution to my liking the panels are not where they are supposed to be and this is understandable.
    My question is can I use that macro for parent to parent those panels to my chat frame, minimap etc...
    I'm asking this because I have been practicing with eepanels on the default Blizzard UI (only eepanels enabled) and when I used the macro on the player frame/chat frame/minimap I didn't get any info. I'm sure that I have written the macro correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Which is the mod the mod in the picture below that changes the health/mana bars to circles and leaves ?? i've searched for it for quite long time, but it just doesn't appear

15+ Year Old Account

NVM i got it =P

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...208_235754.jpg

what are the bars above the mobs heads called?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles1987
    http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...208_235754.jpg
    what are the bars above the mobs heads called?
    The addon used to SKIN the DEFAULT UI option to show the hp bars above the head (usually done with default keybinding "v") is called Aloft.

(Pitbull) How can I put the portrait in front of all bars in my frames? I have seen it in many UIs but i can do that by myself...

Anchor a eepanel to a Pitbull Frame(target, focus's target)

Hi there I'm playing arround with a Pitbull layout similar to Caith's UI, but having a problem with eepanels for it to anchor to the pitbull target frame, anyone know what command/code to write in the eepanels?
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphonRagewind
    Which is the mod the mod in the picture below that changes the health/mana bars to circles and leaves ?? i've searched for it for quite long time, but it just doesn't appear

You know I have no idea. But gonna go try and find out.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I think it's a heavily edited Pitbull.
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Re: Anchor a eepanel to a Pitbull Frame(target, focus's target)

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist
    Hi there I'm playing arround with a Pitbull layout similar to Caith's UI, but having a problem with eepanels for it to anchor to the pitbull target frame, anyone know what command/code to write in the eepanels?
    I believe the Pitbull target frame is called PitBullUnitFrame2 (or possibly 1 =S) Howevere, for future use with eePanels, this is your holy macro (make sure to attach a Holy-ish icon to the ability): /print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

Use the macro to get the name of whatever frame your mouse is hovering over. Then just add this name as the panels Parent, edit the size and position to make it fit and voila!

More info at http://www.wowace.com/wiki/EePanels2 btw =)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

While we are at it, could someone explain to me, in detail, the difference between parenting and anchoring, please?
    I would really appreciate it.

This may be a really dumb question, but how do you get your grid boxes lookinglike:

^ stolen from the healing UI thread.

>_> im stucking using the default and it sucks.
    Ive only managed to work out how to get a lolbloom aura around the box im blooming, but now ive moved into healing on my priest i cant seem to make grid look THAT nice.

Idealy, i would like to see:
    The HP bar go down
    No boarder
    And the HP boxes in the colour of the class

n00bish i know, but ive come from a DPS class and i aint really had a UI that ive needed to look at :P
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

A quick Pitbull question--I'm trying to get the border and the background for the unit frames to be completely transparent when health/power is missing. Even with "No border" selected, and "Empty Opacity" set to 0 for both health and power, there's still the background of the frame visible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ url = http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/r...6/SSsample.jpg ][ img width=300 ]http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr261/dreadnaught666666/SSsample.jpg[ /img ][ /url ]

Re: Anchor a eepanel to a Pitbull Frame(target, focus's target)

Quote Originally Posted by Waluin
    I believe the Pitbull target frame is called PitBullUnitFrame2 (or possibly 1 =S) Howevere, for future use with eePanels, this is your holy macro (make sure to attach a Holy-ish icon to the ability): /print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

Use the macro to get the name of whatever frame your mouse is hovering over. Then just add this name as the panels Parent, edit the size and position to make it fit and voila!

More info at http://www.wowace.com/wiki/EePanels2 btw =)
    Thanks Waluin

now my Pitbulll layout looks like Caiths, ive seen some few people using full models in their UI, wonder if anyone knows how to set these models? where and how, looks wierd with caiths UI if there is a portrait cause it ruins all the simple and clean look, so i thought about maybe making a full model, cause i need to be able to see who im targeting more fast & easy than reading the name.. (Tank)
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded5542
    This may be a really dumb question, but how do you get your grid boxes lookinglike:

^ stolen from the healing UI thread.

>_> im stucking using the default and it sucks.
    Ive only managed to work out how to get a lolbloom aura around the box im blooming, but now ive moved into healing on my priest i cant seem to make grid look THAT nice.

Idealy, i would like to see:
    The HP bar go down
    No boarder
    And the HP boxes in the colour of the class

n00bish i know, but ive come from a DPS class and i aint really had a UI that ive needed to look at :P

I would really like to know also. I have been messing with it for awhile.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daxen
    Hello there, can anyone tell me what bag addon this guy is using
    I will say that it is ArkInventory

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm working on a new UI and I'm using Pitbull for my unit frames. My question is, how do I make my target's buffs/debuffs look like in Caith's UI? I tried looking in the luas and couldn't find a thing. :-\

can someone tell mer how the name of the addon is which show stats like Attackpower etc.
    Look at this pic. I mean this on the right.

http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8225030dc0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bananasstyle
    can someone tell mer how the name of the addon is which show stats like Attackpower etc.
    Look at this pic. I mean this on the right.

http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8225030dc0.jpg
    Looks like Power Display.

http://files.wowace.com/PowerDisplay...y-r67519.4.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica
    I'm working on a new UI and I'm using Pitbull for my unit frames. My question is, how do I make my target's buffs/debuffs look like in Caith's UI? I tried looking in the luas and couldn't find a thing. :-\
    Try Button Facade from wow ace I think Caith has her own skin there ButtonFacade_Caith

Otherwise think you have to edit the Pitbull LAU