Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanYanchev View Post
    I want to use the UnitBuff API and "count" in particular to track how many Renew's I have active on my raid. I have gotten it to work in a way but it just displays "?" for every Renew active, on a new line of text.
    What I'm aiming for is for WA to display the count of active renews as a number (1,5,12, etc.)
    Infus already showed the easy solution to this, but to explain a bit about your problem:
    The count return value of the UnitBuff API returns the stack number of the one renew you are currently looking at. Since renew can't stack, you'll probably receive a nil for it. If you were to do this manually, you would have to iterate over the whole raid and count how many people are affected by your renew (if you don't care about people not in your group that is... otherwise it gets a lot more difficult like Slippy said).

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    Actually tracking the number of renews is trivial. Change "Unit" to Group. Make sure that in Stackinfo "Affected Players" is selected. And on the display tab, use %s. No custom lua code required at all.
    Today I learned! Thanks, and sorry for being a dope about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Today I learned! Thanks, and sorry for being a dope about that.
    Absolutely no one knows all the options in WeakAuras. And for the code it is even worse, no one has any idea how the buff trigger works.

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    Absolutely no one knows all the options in WeakAuras. And for the code it is even worse, no one has any idea how the buff trigger works.
    Its time to start from scratch - Weak Auras 3

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Its time to start from scratch - Weak Auras 3
    You were probably joking, but that's never a good idea, we software engineers call that "Second System Syndrom". Rewriting it from scratch would just lead to different bugs and different problems and be a tremendous amount of work. Just because I don't understand all of it, doesn't mean bugs in it can't be fixed. The best way to fix my lack of understanding is to slowly refactor parts of it, so that it is more modular and easier to understand, which is what I'm actually doing this weekend, let's see whether that'll work out...

On that note, if anyone feels like helping out in WeakAuras development, I'd be happy to help you get started.
    Last edited by InfusOnWoW; 2015-05-17 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any addons that can auto delete items, like rares and whites etc with no sell price? I often just faceroll missions and end up with quite a lot of junk in my bags like the Hearthstone toy and archeology items I'm not going to use and deleting them over and over is quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Are there any addons that can auto delete items, like rares and whites etc with no sell price? I often just faceroll missions and end up with quite a lot of junk in my bags like the Hearthstone toy and archeology items I'm not going to use and deleting them over and over is quite annoying.
    I use "Scrap" to manage junk/non-junk stuff -- autoselling, etc. It also destroys "no sell price" junk when you ask it to sell your junk to a vendor, which works fine for me. It's not perfect (eg: you want to do it outside vendors, and it can't only destroy no-value stuff) but it works reasonably.

Hey guys. I'm trying to fiddle around with weakauras to display the tooltip damage of Flame Shock on a target, but I can't seem to get this custom function working. Any insight would be appreciated!

Code:
    function ()
        local value = select(15, UnitDebuff("target", "Flame Shock", nil, "PLAYER")) or 0
        return value
    end

Is there a way to make a Weak Auras progress texture just "progress" continually from empty to full with no specific conditions? I know the whole idea is for it to increase/decrease upon updating a value, but what if all I want is the progressive animation?

Also, maybe a simpler question. Is there a proper way to get the name of a WeakAuras 2 aura...thing? /fstack is being racist and does not distinguish one WA frame from another.

GetMouseFocus() also just reports them all as "World Frame"

---Update---

I figured out the answer to my second question if anyone is interested.

Code:
    WeakAuras.regions['<nameofaura>'].region
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2015-06-18 at 09:05 AM.

Anyone knows how i can get rid of the tabs and the open copy window in elvUIs chat like below?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the anchor you choose dictates the direction it grows.

For example, if you choose bottom-left they will grow from left to right then down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Pretty sure the anchor you choose dictates the direction it grows.

For example, if you choose bottom-left they will grow from left to right then down.
    Doesn't it make more sense for a bottom-left anchor to make them grow right then up/up then right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Hey guys. I've tried creating this on my own using Weak Auras and haven't had much luck so far.

Here's what I'm looking to do.
    I want to show Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain as progress bars but have the perfect refresh time highlighted. I saw a youtube video detailing how to do it via a custom lua within WA, however I wasn't able to replicate what they did. I was watching another video of a shadow priest that had exactly what I'm looking for however I'm not sure what addon it is or how he made it. Here is the video I appreciate any help you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Hey guys. I've tried creating this on my own using Weak Auras and haven't had much luck so far.

Here's what I'm looking to do.
    I want to show Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain as progress bars but have the perfect refresh time highlighted. I saw a youtube video detailing how to do it via a custom lua within WA, however I wasn't able to replicate what they did. I was watching another video of a shadow priest that had exactly what I'm looking for however I'm not sure what addon it is or how he made it. Here is the video I appreciate any help you guys.
    Looks like Gnosis (Castbars and Timers).
    "I have not failed, I simply found 10,000 ways that did not work." - Thomas Edison

Awesome, i'll check it out when I get home from work.

So i already had gnosis but i didn't realize it was capable of all this. Thanks a bunch, exactly what i was looking for.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-05-28 at 10:18 PM.

Can the weakauras Encounter ID load condition accept a list of encounters or will I have to duplicate my object for each encounter?

Deleted
    I saw a video on youtube where the player had a cooldown bar, with cooldowns AND ready for use spells interacting in a very useful way. I have tried to search the whole web for it. But nothing like it that i have found.

So iam asking what addons it could be. Would be so glad if someone knew it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uDg3zw6PZkY

Quote Originally Posted by eroox View Post
    I saw a video on youtube where the player had a cooldown bar, with cooldowns AND ready for use spells interacting in a very useful way. I have tried to search the whole web for it. But nothing like it that i have found.

So iam asking what addons it could be. Would be so glad if someone knew it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uDg3zw6PZkY

Are you talking about the icons below his raid frames? If so, those are almost definitely WeakAuras.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Are you talking about the icons below his raid frames? If so, those are almost definitely WeakAuras.
    Indeed, a dynamic group sorted by cooldown duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a easy way to make ElvUI dataTexts only show on mouseover?