ZA Loots, Class Upkeep, Spirit Wolf, Comics

Zul'aman - Timed chest rewards
    3 drops have been re-added to the Zul'aman loot table, I already posted the two cloaks during the PTR days but as far as I know the legs are new, I guess it's worth a news. According to the first reports all these items drop from the 1st/2nd chest of the Zul'aman timed event.

Tanks and repair costs
    I didn't see a lot of blue post about this in the past, Tharfor tries to explain the mechanics behind the repair/reagent costs for each class, and why it's not gonna change.
    Originally Posted by Tharfor (Blue Tracker)
    While there is some flavour aspect (plate takes more effort/materials/time to repair than cloth, for example) associated with the difference in repair costs for each armor type, the primary reason for the difference relates to overall class upkeep.

Each class has an upkeep cost, which includes things like purchasing reagents, food & water, etc…

While a cloth wearer may spend less in repairs than a plate wearer, he’ll likely spend more money on things like reagents.

Note that it’s not important for all classes to have completely equal upkeep costs. The goal is simply for each class to be fun and burden free.

Hunters - Grimtotem Spirit Guide not tameable anymore
    A few weeks ago Blizzard said that even if it wasn't intended in the first place, there wasn't any reason to remove the ability to tame Grimtotem Spirit Guides for hunters. Guess what ? They changed their mind, it's been hotfixed and they're not tameable anymore, however you'll be able to keep yours if you already tamed one.
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)
    Through a hotfix we’ve recently removed the ability to tame a Grimtotem Spirit Guide. Players who have already gone through the trouble of taming the creature will be able to keep them unchanged. This hotfix only removes the possibility to tame this creature from here on.

The removal of the spirit guide has been debated within design discussions for a while now as to what impact the pet and its precedent has on the game.
    The unintended nature of the taming, the undead status of the guide, appearance of the wolf in relation to the feel of the hunter class, and the complex processes of taming were all issues touched upon and discussed.

Ultimately the discussions brought us to the conclusion that this should not be a permanent addition to the pet selection available to hunters; however, those that have already tamed them should be allowed to keep them due to their efforts in obtaining one.

Comics
    We don't have any details on the 2.4 yet, but the class-balancing team is working on it.

Re: ZA Loots, Class Upkeep, Spirit Wolf, Comics

Stupid ... They are just stupid. Why they have to patch out the funniest things from the game? Why they always cut away the fun edges of this whole farm-game?
    It just sucks.
    GG Blizz.

This comic is FTW lol
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Don't need screenshots for the items... [item=33590] and [item=33591] work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Carlyle
    Don't need screenshots for the items... [item=33590] and [item=33591] work.
    They dont show what they look like do they ?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Deleted

The armour repair thing is funny. Plate hardly costs anything more than cloth to repair these days, especially compared to 2005 repair costs, where it was common for a tank to face 3 to 4 times the repair bill of a cloth wearer.

Glad they changed that back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    The armour repair thing is funny. Plate hardly costs anything more than cloth to repair these days, especially compared to 2005 repair costs, where it was common for a tank to face 3 to 4 times the repair bill of a cloth wearer.

Glad they changed that back then.
    My repair costs are twice than any cloth wearer, since they aren't spanked by mobs and I do, when my repair bills reach 40g, cloth wearers are around 17g ... I wouldn't compare to a healer, but comparing to a DPS cloth wearer is quite ridiculous when they can mass farming/2 shot most of mobs while grinding.

I may be able to two shot things, but at things can also two shot me.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by tinktank
    My repair costs are twice than any cloth wearer, since they aren't spanked by mobs and I do, when my repair bills reach 40g, cloth wearers are around 17g ... I wouldn't compare to a healer, but comparing to a DPS cloth wearer is quite ridiculous when they can mass farming/2 shot most of mobs while grinding.
    True but when my mage gets full red i can get up to almost 40g repair it all counts on the gear the more epics you have the more your repair. But on my shaman it can get pretty pricy each death is like 5g wich is gay and if i have to do a rez sick its cost 25g but like said above mage's have to buy lots of regeants to make all the other peoples food/water and give you people ports

WHERE are the HEALING CLOTH shoulders?????????????????????????! I'm irritated about this, everyone else gets shoulders to go with the whole trolly/tribal set except for healing cloth, so we have a whole new debatably ugly set i personally like it i must add but it is just ridic with angel wings imho

15+ Year Old Account

Heh, I like how they are careful to make sure that the hunters who already have one of those wolves tamed can keep it untouched. So much for variation in hunter pets, I really don't get why they care so much about models (they've changed pet stats in the past so people can tame normally overpowered pets without it making such a difference). I remember when I tamed the cobra pet in Zul'Farrak in the chief's room. Blizzard basically said f-you to the hunters that already tamed one: they broke the pet by making it unfeedable, they made it invisible in your stables, encouraging you to release it. Otherwise they expected that it'd run away from the inability to feed it. You couldn't teach it any more skills and they stripped all of the skills your current one had. It took me many hours to tame that pet at level 46 (this was before they nerfed the insanity of the divino-rod magic quest. Sometimes it took 2 or more 60's to complete that quest.. ah, the good ol' days). And then of course they changed it to untameable, even though its tooltip originally said "tameable". Of course I petitioned and they could care less AND THAT IS MY SAD STORY. BUT I WAS STRONG AND KEPT IT IN MY STABLES AND I STILL HAVE IT TO THIS DAY. And now they changed them back to tameable.
    The end!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    That crop of the image is simply th greatest, it says it all:
    You can clearly read: "Blizzard Ass-Balancing Team"
    World of Warcraft is merely a setback...

Quote Originally Posted by dsmania
    That crop of the image is simply th greatest, it says it all:
    You can clearly read: "Blizzard Ass-Balancing Team"
    lol so true =)
    Lately i'm getting really fed up with the BS blue is coming up with. I'm not i can remember a blue post from the last couple of months where i didn't feel the need to facepalm.
    I'm a force of nature..... with lazorz ... PEW PEW !!

Quote Originally Posted by Unpredictable
    but like said above mage's have to buy lots of regeants to make all the other peoples food/water and give you people ports
    Come on mate. They don't buy THAT much reagent to be able to make up the difference between tanks and dps. You make food like what, once every start of the raid - one table is more than enough. Ports you only give like once or twice in a raid. I'm quite sure that the total cost won't ever be equal to the cost for a tank (no counting the fact that tank needs respec).

Tanks gets the ass end of the stick in WoW. They gotta respec and yet they get no respect (from either a Blizzard or other classes).