We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Out of curiosity, what mod is being used in the screenshot of [Ring of Harmonic Beauty], that gives the differences in stats?

  2. #22

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Vix
    Out of curiosity, what mod is being used in the screenshot of [Ring of Harmonic Beauty], that gives the differences in stats?
    Ratingbuster

    http://files.wowace.com/RatingBuster...ter-r62518.zip

  3. #23

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Me likes teh ring. With the spirit buff, it will be imba for priests and druids. At last we dont have to use pali rings!

  4. #24

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Power Infusion now reduce the mana cost of all spells by -20%.
    reduce by -20%? So that's an increase? Or just a typo?

    I noticed this at the Incanters set bonus a while back (Flamestrike). GM said it was fine because it was a dash, not a minus. After a post on the bug forum, they eventually (1 or 2 patches later) removed the minus.

  5. #25

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

    Priest
    • Mana burns tooltip has been changed to change "Drains" into "Destroys". (Destroy 1021 to 1079 mana from a target. For each mana drained in this way, the target takes 0.5 Shadow damage.)
      [/i])
    so "destroy" mana wont be affected by resilence ?



  6. #26

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by amar
    "Mana burns tooltip has been changed to change "Drains" into "Destroys". (Destroy 1021 to 1079 mana from a target. For each mana drained in this way, the target takes 0.5 Shadow damage.)"

    Of course it would be too difficult for Blizzard to read the whole sentence and make sure it is logically correct... lol
    i thought the same thing lol.

  7. #27

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    I like how blizzard is just now replying to a bug that was fixed less than an hour after it was introduced last friday.


    On the other hand, It is good to know that the current lifetap tooltip on PTR (well, before they went down for massive exploiting) is incorrect.


    And I still think this is a dumbass change and that there are better ways to nerf lifetap.
    Personally it thought it was a devilishly smart way (never thought much about it though), but care to propose some (simple) alternatives?


  8. #28

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by SJPadbury
    Wait.... what?
    So you put a speed boost on an item for Ghost Wolf, you make the item require Level 60 to equip, then then speed boost doesn't apply to players over level 60, effectively making it good for that level, and that level only.
    W
    T
    F?
    blizzard's way of saying, if you want to be a druid reroll druid. we all know blizzard loves druids the most.

  9. #29

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    Ghost Wolf is same speed as travelform.

    It's to balance out that S4 resto don't have travelform speed bonus, to avoid shamans kiting players with frost shock / earthbind totem.

    But indeed, it's lame. Couldn't they just start to disable bonuses like that in arena *only* , it's lame that something that is so beneficial for leveling is disabled outside.
    your comparing s4 resto to lvl 60 gear

    and as for kiting with frost shock / earthbind totem:
    ghost wolf doesn't remove movement impairing effects (at least not yet), so when i reflect that frost shock or toss on hamstring/piercing howl, that shaman isn't going to kite much.
    likewise shamans don't have HoTs to keep someone up while they kite, so overall they won't be on the same level as druids by any means.

    and i don't see why they removed it either, it was nice for leveling. perhaps people can use this as an example of class changes being made in response to pvp

  10. #30

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Mage

    * Arctic reach now increases Ice Lance along with Frostbolt and Blizzard.
    That has been ingame since TBC launch It's just a tooltip change.

  11. #31

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    But indeed, it's lame. Couldn't they just start to disable bonuses like that in arena *only* , it's lame that something that is so beneficial for leveling is disabled outside.

    I would imagine that anyone that pauses at level 60 to farm honor gear isn't in such a big hurry to level up anyway. You would save more time skipping 30 minutes of BGs than you ever would by having that minor ghost wolf speed boost in all the time from lvl 60 to 70.

  12. #32

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Skulver

    I would imagine that anyone that pauses at level 60 to farm honor gear isn't in such a big hurry to level up anyway. You would save more time skipping 30 minutes of BGs than you ever would by having that minor ghost wolf speed boost in all the time from lvl 60 to 70.
    good point, its probably pretty rare people have 60 shamans lying around with the pieces or enough honor to buy them as a help to grinding, this would have been far more relevant at the launch of tbc

  13. #33

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwagon

    That has been ingame since TBC launch It's just a tooltip change.
    Think I misunderstood this 'change'. Somehow I thought this would mean no more range increase for CoC?!

  14. #34

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    One month CD on realm transfer, GG bad reals will now get even worse - a lot fast And blizzard is really beginning to squeze this game for all the money they can get before it loses its popularity.

  15. #35

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    One month CD on realm transfer, GG bad reals will now get even worse - a lot fast And blizzard is really beginning to squeze this game for all the money they can get before it loses its popularity.
    your telling me that you wouldn't milk it for all its worth

  16. #36

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    Personally it thought it was a devilishly smart way (never thought much about it though), but care to propose some (simple) alternatives?

    Nerf the spell damage coefficient to 60% (80% now) or perhaps even lower.


    Make it scale off mana pool but still a 1:1 ratio, something like restores 15% of your mana at the cost of the same amount of health.

  17. #37

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    As a Warlock, I felt for the class in Naxx when the Mage review invalidated us.

    But nowadays, between fel armor and the spell scaling so you dont have to lifetap 142 times to get your damned mana back, I don't pity them at all. The change is fine and very fair, and even if Warlocks do not feel so, trying to petition classes that drink 25-30 Supers per raid and still only barely hang on isn't going to work.

    Every class with a blue bar has a giant restriction on them in some way or another. Mana sucks, get a helmet.

  18. #38

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    I'll translate what Merin is saying: I have it bad so I wish you will have it bad too!

  19. #39

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Seems a new change to Life Tap on the PTR is in line. No word yet as to the change.

    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...784&sid=1#2885

  20. #40

    Re: New PTR Build - Class changes

    Do someone knows if you can miggrat from Normal to PvP in 2.4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •