Paladin farming: ret or shockadin?

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the best for paladin farming... I'm currently holy thinking of buying arena set + honor pieces to have alternate gear for when I go farm and make daily quests.

The question is what do you think is better, get the shockadin set and stay holy, or get the retribution set (and stay holy, I'm not paying a respec everytime I want to farm...)

Thanks.

Re: Paladin farming: ret or shockadin?

well if you dont want to respec shockadin would be the better choice imo°

A Shockadin set .... WTF is that ???
    If your healing gears are good just farm as holy. As long as its not any type of casting mobs its freaking easy to do. Mount up, aggro 5-6 mobs, start the consecrates and as needed spam FoL on yourself. Mana troubles?, downrank consecrate and BoW/JoW as you need. Ridiculously easier with a prot spec and good prot gears.

But anyway why would you farm anything with a holy paladin? Just go do some daily and use that gold to buy whatever you want.

you cant farm in ret gear as holy spec, its the same amount of worthless single target dmg output as holy gear. the best way to farm is ret in ret gear if you want to do single target farming. but if you stay holy, you can put on some good avoidance tanking gear mixed with holy gear depending on how much prot gear you have, or just full holy gear, and grab 5-10 mobs at once depending on skill and just kill them using consecrate. its the only efficient way to farm as holy.

also i spec from 41/20/0 to 0/20/41 every weekend for arenas. whats 100g when you can make that much from 7 dailies and an hour of time invested to have some good fun smacking people in the face with light post(torch of the damned)
    Angrychaír - 80 Ret Pally
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Angrycha%C3%ADr
    Retribution: working as intended.

Best farming spec is niether of those. ??? Prot al the way and pay no attention to the people who say Ret gear/Holy gear is useless in an off spec. When I farm if its no caster then prot gear, grab 20-25 mobs or whatever is in the area. Boom. Single target I use ret gear for the extra white dmg. That plus Seal of Blood/Righteousness plus reckoning is still serious dmg. The thing w/ prot is you get more use out of seals like Wisdom or Light cause most times you get 3 outta the 4 charges of reckoning making the damage of one swing like 3k + you get about 400 healing in that same swing. Mana a problem switch to wisdom. In a lot of my farming areas I find mobs huddled around a cammp fire so i stand in the fire, its +5-10 fire dmg if even that but Reckoning stays up. BTW I'm normall 5/43/13 or 0/46/15 for the increase in movement speed in ret tree. The 15% plus a judged Justice = easy kills most mages try to blink and I'm on them in an instant, Locks get bang'ed on constantly. I kill them and Hunters much easier cause of the dmg mitigation and hp that i have. Starting gear is easy to get to or if your farming Kara etc etc p/u some items. ;D Feel free to flame

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlys
    Best farming spec is niether of those. ??? Prot al the way and pay no attention to the people who say Ret gear/Holy gear is useless in an off spec.
    The OP said he doesnt want to change spec. Every pally knows that aoe farming as prot is the easiest and the most effective way to farm mobs. Aoe farming with a holy spec and prot gears .... never tried it but pretty sure it wouldnt be as effective as simply sticking to healing gears to aoe farm (all depending on the level of your sets).

But the general word sounds like the idea of "shockadin" is a waste of time and gold.

Prot would be the best spec and gear. Just pull a mass of mobs, continuously consecrate, and keep yourself up with heals and bubbles... Really easy, and for the large number of mobs you can kill with this - time efficient too. This is also the same tactic used by lazy pallies that would rather grind to level instead of quest...

But I want to get pvp gear, I won't be able to get prot. gear as my guild is starting SSC and tanks still need the tank gear it drops... That's why I asked for arena/pvp gear... :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Enur
    But I want to get pvp gear, I won't be able to get prot. gear as my guild is starting SSC and tanks still need the tank gear it drops... That's why I asked for arena/pvp gear... :-\
    Ret pvp gears are great for pve if you spec ret (especially since real ret gears almost dont exist) but holy pvp gears are terrible for soloing. The mp5 and the +heal are so low on S1 that you will end up drinking so often, you wont be be able to farm anything seriously.

IMO holy spec is totally fine for farming if you have like a decent ammount of plus damage from your healing gear

how i farm as holy is just pulling like 20mobs, keep consecration up and keep healing your self, easy and fast (pvp spec should be usefull with imp concentration aura)
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')