Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    http://vhairi.blogspot.com/2008/04/u...pril-2008.html

    Until Blizzard can provide balanced content instead of what these stats show then any kinda raiting to limit players progress is not acceptable

    MMOs are build on the basic rules of equal chance of progress for every character - WOW PVP is as far from that as any game can ever get.

  2. #42

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    I don't see this, becouse when i'm logging on my server, like 80 % of people have full s3. Your point?

    Even raiders have full s3, maybe some1 runing around w/o shoulders, becouse he recently dingined level 70, and it's an alt.

    Season are delayed enough so even people who get 300 pts per week should manage to buy at least full set.

  3. #43

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mightyone
    I don't see this, becouse when i'm logging on my server, like 80 % of people have full s3. Your point?

    Even raiders have full s3, maybe some1 runing around w/o shoulders, becouse he recently dingined level 70, and it's an alt.

    Season are delayed enough so even people who get 300 pts per week should manage to buy at least full set.
    You know what personal raiting stands for ? Ask the % of hunters. Then tell everyone they have equal chance of progressing.

    WOW PVP arena system shows that current devs are totally incompitent of creating balanced content. 10 million ppl will be finding that out in the next year. Incoming 1000% more ppl rolling druids and warriors compared to hunters and Mages. And that wont affect PVE content ?

    But as long as Klagan can get his S4 sword in two weeks on his DPS warrior... who cares? /sarcasm off

  4. #44

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    I don't know what most of you fools are crying about.. I'm pretty willing to bet that half the people whining about this can't even make 2k so they change won't affect you anyway because you never could get the shoulders. And more so you can still get all the other 4 pieces of the set but you can't get the shoulders because simply you're not good enough and the stat increase is so small it won't make a difference anyway.

    All this casual talk is very idiotic. Do you people really expect to get the same gear and treatment while you're playing LESS than the people who devote much more time into their character? No, it doesn't work like that. Sorry.

    Burning Crusade has been as casual and as scrub friendly as possible with all the epics flowing around. The shoulders are merely a visual sign that shows that the specific player has performed exceptionally in arena. I don't even want to remember S1 and S2 where everyone was running around with the shoulders thinking they're the shit.

  5. #45

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    THEY FINALLY DID SOMETHING RIGHT!! ZOMGOOSE BRB GOING TO TAKE A RIDE ON THE ROFLCOPTER, DO WANT ICECREAM.

  6. #46

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    I'm sorry but I don't think that druid+anything face rolling their way to 2k in 2s is the same as taking a 5s team to top 100 in the battlegroup.
    This is the real problem..... Everyone is talking about people whining because they don't have enough "skill". I'm a Ret Pally and I love to play my spec. I've put in the time and I've gotten almost every peice of gear I am able to with a top rating of 1650ish... that' means mostly s3 with some season 2 gear

    Will I ever get to 2200 or even 1800 with my current setup... No

    Is is because I don't have enough skill.... No

    It's because a Ret Pally is an unbalanced class in 2v2, and unless I dump my partner of 6 months for a well geared Resto Druid (assuming I can even find one, since everyone wants one) I'm probably stuck with a s2 weapon untill they drop rating requirements.

    Do you think every single hunter out there sucks? If you do you should look at the BG scores at the end of the match, hunters are often the top of DPS but they're just about the worst class in 2v2.... not because they dont' have "skills" but because their class isn't suited to 2v2 combat.

    Sure, some people lack armor, lack playing skill, lack cooperation in an arena team.... but there's probably more people out there that just rolled a character who isn't good for arena competition.

    For folks like them and me, it's either go re-roll a druid or sigh and keep plugging away despite some rating requirements that only add out our disadvantage in 2v2.

  7. #47

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mightyone
    And to whiners who posted above: even if they'll give you free full set enchanted and socketed with the best gems in the first day of the season, you'll still not be able to pass your line. You'll get steamrolled by top teams in s3 gear.

    So no, it's not the gear that makes difference, it's you. If you sucked 2 season in a raw, and stayed on 1800 rating, if they;ll give you the best gear in game, you'll not better, becouse it's not the gear, it's the arena expirience, team playing, and dedication.
    Mostly true, but you also wouldn't be punishing the new guy who just started playing WoW 2 months ago and finds he has no chance of competing against anybody when he steps in the arena. WoW players aren't in a union, and tenure shouldn't give a person an automatic advantage in an instanced PvP environment.

  8. #48

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn
    I'm on a 2k 5s team and I think the idea to raise rating reqs even higher is lazy and not well thought out. I supported the original idea to put rating requirements on weapons and shoulders, but if they really bump them up by another 200 pts or so without any concern of how that will affect the whole system is just plain dumb. If the reason for the increase is that too many ppl are running around with S3 weapons/shoulders despite the rating requirements, perhaps they should look at the rating distribution among the different brackets. In my battlegroup alone (Nightfall):

    Teams with rating over 1850 2000
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2v2 1610 522
    3v3 993 337
    5v5 324 118

    It's pretty clear where the inflation is coming from.... If they want to lower the number of ppl getting access to these items then they should apply different rating requirements for different brackets. Getting 2k on 5s is significantly harder then getting it on 3s, and even more so then 2s, not to even mention how horribly unbalanced 3s and 2s are. I'm sorry but I don't think that druid+anything face rolling their way to 2k in 2s is the same as taking a 5s team to top 100 in the battlegroup.

    So rating requirements = GOOD, equal rating requirements across all brackets = BAD.
    The numbers you're showing are for Teams above 2k, not players. Lets take your numbers, and adjust for players per team (not counting alternates for simplicities sake):

    Bracket | Teams 2k+ | Players 2k+
    ---------------------------------
    2v2 522 1044
    3v3 337 1011
    5v5 118 590

    Similar conclusion, but notice how 2v2 and 3v3 has about the same number of players at 2k+ while 5v5 is only about half of 2v2 (verse 1/5 of teams).

  9. #49

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenclod
    This is the real problem..... Everyone is talking about people whining because they don't have enough "skill". I'm a Ret Pally and I love to play my spec. I've put in the time and I've gotten almost every peice of gear I am able to with a top rating of 1650ish... that' means mostly s3 with some season 2 gear

    Will I ever get to 2200 or even 1800 with my current setup... No

    Is is because I don't have enough skill.... No

    It's because a Ret Pally is an unbalanced class in 2v2, and unless I dump my partner of 6 months for a well geared Resto Druid (assuming I can even find one, since everyone wants one) I'm probably stuck with a s2 weapon untill they drop rating requirements.

    Do you think every single hunter out there sucks? If you do you should look at the BG scores at the end of the match, hunters are often the top of DPS but they're just about the worst class in 2v2.... not because they dont' have "skills" but because their class isn't suited to 2v2 combat.

    Sure, some people lack armor, lack playing skill, lack cooperation in an arena team.... but there's probably more people out there that just rolled a character who isn't good for arena competition.

    For folks like them and me, it's either go re-roll a druid or sigh and keep plugging away despite some rating requirements that only add out our disadvantage in 2v2.
    Actually, yes it is because you don't have enough skill. I'm a warrior, I've partnered up with a ret pally in S1 gear and got him 1850 easy in the span of an hour, could have taken it to 2000 from there. I'm sorry, but being the wrong class doesn't make up a difference of 500 rating.

  10. #50

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenclod
    This is the real problem..... Everyone is talking about people whining because they don't have enough "skill". I'm a Ret Pally and I love to play my spec. I've put in the time and I've gotten almost every peice of gear I am able to with a top rating of 1650ish... that' means mostly s3 with some season 2 gear

    Will I ever get to 2200 or even 1800 with my current setup... No

    Is is because I don't have enough skill.... No

    It's because a Ret Pally is an unbalanced class in 2v2, and unless I dump my partner of 6 months for a well geared Resto Druid (assuming I can even find one, since everyone wants one) I'm probably stuck with a s2 weapon untill they drop rating requirements.

    Do you think every single hunter out there sucks? If you do you should look at the BG scores at the end of the match, hunters are often the top of DPS but they're just about the worst class in 2v2.... not because they dont' have "skills" but because their class isn't suited to 2v2 combat.

    Sure, some people lack armor, lack playing skill, lack cooperation in an arena team.... but there's probably more people out there that just rolled a character who isn't good for arena competition.

    For folks like them and me, it's either go re-roll a druid or sigh and keep plugging away despite some rating requirements that only add out our disadvantage in 2v2.
    This is a completely different issue and quite frankly you still see exceptional players of all classes compete at top ratings even if for some classes they are less.

  11. #51

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Selenti
    Actually, yes it is because you don't have enough skill. I'm a warrior, I've partnered up with a ret pally in S1 gear and got him 1850 easy in the span of an hour, could have taken it to 2000 from there. I'm sorry, but being the wrong class doesn't make up a difference of 500 rating.
    °

    U had full set right ? So the new currency in WoW is gonna let the OP classes take the nerfed classes to personal raiting ? How poor of a game is this ?

  12. #52

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by solud
    The numbers you're showing are for Teams above 2k, not players. Lets take your numbers, and adjust for players per team (not counting alternates for simplicities sake):

    Bracket | Teams 2k+ | Players 2k+
    ---------------------------------
    2v2 522 1044
    3v3 337 1011
    5v5 118 590

    Similar conclusion, but notice how 2v2 and 3v3 has about the same number of players at 2k+ while 5v5 is only about half of 2v2 (verse 1/5 of teams).
    Sure, the number of players may be a better indication of how much gear inflation 2s and 3s are contributing, but as you said the results are the same.

  13. #53

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    This is bullshit in my point of view, this make's all people who doesnt have the time/skill too play in top arena ratings go raid, and if you even dont have enough time to play arena you sertantly dont have enough time for raiding. they said they also want to look at the casual players, well this sertantly shows they arent. not a good call imo.


    hahahahhahahahaha

    So you still want the best items in the game, when you are terrible at this game and cant earn them? If you dont have the time to earn easy pvp epics, you dont have the time to earn the pve epics. Guess what, WoW is an MMO...in MMOs the people that spend the most time in the game generally have the best 'stuff'.

    hahahahahahahahahah

  14. #54

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    lolol this is exactly what i ment lol, Both PvE and PvP is skill(pvp more then pve though)/time required, and my point was that there wasnt much left that casual players can achieve. you get money from daily's yes, and where to spend the gold on? getting yourself boosted in arena lol? thats just lame,and doing daily's isnt fun, so it becoming less and less a game for casual players. you seriously need to learn too read posts.
    If you are casual, what else do you need gear for other than 5/10 mans and dailys?

    Leave the exceptional gear to the people that will actually use/earn it.

  15. #55

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Now let me tell you what I think of current Arena system.

    Its simply the worst MMORPG ruleset that has EVER been created.

    It is build around allowing FEW classes to dominate part of an entire game. It is a system that trives on unbalance. Its ok to have unbalanced classes ingame but then u DONT make a ruleset that INCREASES that unbalance. Its very easy to create a perfect ruleset where EVERYONE starts at same spot after each season. That is not the case atm. Players that have been benefitting the past year of TBC from unbalanced PVP arena content will continue to do so for the next 6 months creating more and more unbalance MMORPG game.

    How many of the current players that are here talking about skills realise that at this point in time, it takes same basic skills of a DPS warrior and healing druid to get to 2000 raiting as it takes a hunter and healing shaman to get to 1650 raiting. THAT is the skills we are talking about in this game. And THAT is the skills that players here are so proud of. Its a joke. I have my own ideas how to build a fair ruleset for current arena. And belive me - that system is NOT build around giving out stats items to increase the diffrence between classes. Its so easy to prevent that. But the current "geniouses" at Blizzard (or should we say castouts from EQ and UO) couldn't care less. "The game is not supposed to be balanced".... Oh really...

  16. #56

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Every single piece should require a person rating of 2200.
    Illidan won't drop her bow for me if I can't actually kill her, whats different?

  17. #57

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    Mostly true, but you also wouldn't be punishing the new guy who just started playing WoW 2 months ago and finds he has no chance of competing against anybody when he steps in the arena. WoW players aren't in a union, and tenure shouldn't give a person an automatic advantage in an instanced PvP environment.
    This is what happened to me. Got to 70 waited awhile to start arena (started like 2 months ago, 3v3 mostly). I keep hovering around 1550-1600. Now I'm saving points for S4 and hoping that I can at least go 200 or 300 higher rating. I'm not bitching. I'm setting myself up for the next season while taking this one in stride.

    For all the talk about 'welfare' epics, it still takes time getting the gear that you need just like it takes time getting the gear from raiding.

    People need to QQ and realize the time they put in directly effects what they will get out (some exception to arena as blackburn has pointed out). Have fun, do what you can. If you can get that rating, thats awesome. If not, experiment a little, get some better gear, because I'm sure most people that complain are not geared up like the people they are hitting - that's certainly my problem. But when s4 comes out I'm looking at getting 3 s4 pieces and getting supplemental s2 honor gear until I can get enough arena points for the rest of s4. Then I'll be g2g.

    point is - have fun. 2200 is attainable - the harder it is to get, the more rewarding it will be. I know when I equip my s4 weapon/shoulders (if it happens) I'll be happy as hell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicarras

    So you still want the best items in the game, when you are terrible at this game and cant earn them? If you dont have the time to earn easy pvp epics, you dont have the time to earn the pve epics. Guess what, WoW is an MMO...in MMOs the people that spend the most time in the game generally have the best 'stuff'.

    hahahahahahahahahah
    That was my reaction to.

  18. #58

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Now can they bring back attunments to BT and Hyjal or something for Sunwell so the raiders actualy feel like they accomplished something. Kind of irritating when casual guilds that cant even down vashj or keal coming in and killing Rage when it was suppose to be a reward for making it that far.

  19. #59

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicarras


    hahahahhahahahaha

    So you still want the best items in the game, when you are terrible at this game and cant earn them? If you dont have the time to earn easy pvp epics, you dont have the time to earn the pve epics. Guess what, WoW is an MMO...in MMOs the people that spend the most time in the game generally have the best 'stuff'.

    hahahahahahahahahah
    You dont get it do you ? You can still be terrible at this game and get full set IF you roll the right classes and specs.

    Do the calculations and see how a DPS warrior needs the same "skill" to get to 2200 as it takes a hunter to get to 1850. NO matter if hes doing 2v2 3v3 or 5v5.

  20. #60

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by erb
    Every single piece should require a person rating of 2200.
    Illidan won't drop her bow for me if I can't actually kill her, whats different?
    First of all, "her"? Have you even killed Illidan?
    Second, Illidan drops the full set of Tier6? You can't get a single piece of it until you can kill him?
    Third, there are 71 2v2 teams, 33 3v3 and 24 5v5 teams above 2200 rating in my battlegroup. That's only 361 ppl in the entire battlegroup that have that rating. I bet there is a lot more ppl farming Illidan and even getting Sunwell loot already. Hell, my server alone has probably half that number farming Illidan.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •