Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    greenmasheen

Re: Unannounced WotlK raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    On par with Karazhan 1.0 , Unnerfed !

Unless they utterly ruin Naxxramas and destoy all future raiding, Thaddius, The Four Horseman and Heigan , besides from ofcource Saphiron and Kel'Thuzad will utterly ruin your casual raid group.

For players who think Karazhan is anywhere near hard/complicated and take more than 4 hours to clear it.... Naxx will eat you raw, and make you cry out for more epics.
    that is why making naxxramis an entry level raid is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    The original Shade of Aran was the hardest boss in the game. Before badge gear and pvp gear and before Karazhan gear was buffed, before they nerfed the hell out of the HUGE amount of trash you had to reclear and before they extended the respawn timer, before they changed flame wreath so that it wouldn't explode when you looked at it funny.
    And it was still rather easy....

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    that is why making naxxramis an entry level raid is a bad idea.
    Yes, it's really sad the majority community barely got enough brain to kill Moroes.

greenmasheen

No, Karazhan was easy. We 9 manned Moroes in blues.

The reason you THINK Karazhan was hard, is beacuse either yourself, or the 9 people you joined with was newbie raiders, and atleast 1-2 haven't bothered reading tatics.

And with 20% of the raid not having a clue to do, things suddenly appear hard.
    Prince was the only hard fight, due to the large amount of randomness.

Nightbane? Just a clone of Onyxia, anyone having done Onyxia should find it extremely easy.
    it can be easy or it can be hard, it depends on the group make up you go in with. with ideal group makeups, karazhan is generally not hard. and yes, the 2nd wave of badge gear made prince a lot easier.

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Azuran
    Is it just me or was netherspite the easiest boss in that instance next to Attumen. Block beams and run to the telescope. Thats hard work son!
    try coordinating that.

also, were you dpsing or healing, because i can assure you healing the fight is more difficult than dpsing because everyone is taking damage during the fight.

it can be easy or it can be hard, it depends on the group make up you go in with. with ideal group makeups, karazhan is generally not hard. and yes, the 2nd wave of badge gear made prince a lot easier.
    We 9manned Moroes in blues, and cleared the rest of Karazhan on the same evening -- still in mainly blues.
    And that was about 1-1½ month after TBC release. It was never hard, people just sucked.

But the difference was most of us had pre. raid experience, tank with Thunderfury etc...

greenmasheen

We 9manned Moroes in blues, and cleared the rest of Karazhan on the same evening -- still in mainly blues.
    And that was about 1-1½ month after TBC release. It was never hard, people just sucked.

But the difference was most of us had pre. raid experience, tank with Thunderfury etc...
    the problem with prince, is that if your tank isnt geared right, he will get eaten in phase 2... ive healed that fight on my priest and on my druid and even with tanks in T4 +, they still take some big hits, although their HP is big enough to where it doesnt even matter.

the problem with prince, is that if your tank isnt geared right, he will get eaten in phase 2... ive healed that fight on my priest and on my druid and even with tanks in T4 +, they still take some big hits, although their HP is big enough to where it doesnt even matter.
    The problem is his ability Trash, who do a windfury sort of attack, but also that alot of tanks fail keeping up Shield Block, being Crusing Immune on prince is virtal !

He was a challenge, a nice one. Only easy bosses is boring.

Is it just me or was netherspite the easiest boss in that instance next to Attumen. Block beams and run to the telescope. Thats hard work son!
    That certainly is just you. Nearly all the other bosses in Karazhan only require the attention of a handful of people, while the others can just mindlessly hack and slash.

- Attumen: If anyone has to be on his/her toes, it's decursers, though a missed decurse doesn't directly lead to a wipe
    - Moroes: Priests, Hunters, Paladins (each for their CC)
    - Maiden: Decursers
    - Curator: Whoever is tasked with killing the Arcane Sparks

Nightbane, Illhoof and Aran: Granted, they both require everyone to not be totally braindead when it comes to breaking Demon Chains, running from Charred Earth and not moving during a Flame Wreath.

However, the coordination required for Netherspite is, for a 10-man-raid, rather huge. Of course, it's nothing compared to stuff like Vashj Phase 2 or Kael'Thas, and it's arguably even easier than stuff like A'lar or Karathress - but those are 25-man raids, and considering the other bosses in Karazhan, it's a huge step up. If one person messes up, especially on an underequipped raid, it can easily lead to a wipe (too many green beams on Netherspite and he will likely gain too much health to kill him before the enrage, too many blue ones and the tank dies... the red one isn't too bad, though, but if there's no one in it it's likely the person in the blue beam will draw aggro). Also, someone dying to a Void Zone will likely lead to a wipe too since the beam rotation is messed up - at least on an unexperienced raid.

Even setting up the beam rotation before the pull takes a moment, since it's very dependant on what classes are on the raid. After more than a year of doing Netherspite, I still sometimes mess up assigning people to their beams ("Wait, you just said I should tank the green beam during phase 2... but for phase 2, you already assigned me to the blue beam.").

Oh, another thing. The "running to the telescope" seems - at least to me - to be somewhat cheesing the encounter, since - especially on a raid that is just learning Kara - you'll most likely lack the DPS to kill Netherspite before an enrage that way. I'd say that the intended way to do him is to dance around him and dodge Nether Breath (if you stay close to him, you have enough time to dodge out of the way when he takes a deep breath) in the non-portal-phase - plus, he takes 25% more damage when the portals are down. Just wanted to add that.

Seriously, reading a comment like "Netherspite is the easiest boss in the instance next to Attumen" that gives me the feeling you weren't there when Karazhan was still progression content. Sure, it's kind of easy now, and we often kill him before the second portal phase ends - but we sure didn't start that way when we were halfway in blues over a year ago.

i think the wolf and aran are easier

Seems like your just making excuses for your failure. There is NOTHING hard about blocking beams. Hell you don't even need to worry about threat. And for the guy who asked, I have healed/dps'd/tanked the fight. YOU BLOCK THE DAMN BEAMS AND RUN TO THE TELESCOPE WHEN HE BANISHES. Absolutely nothing complicated by that.
    On second thought, you're right.

By the way, is it just me or is Archimonde is the easiest boss in MH? I mean, it's just running away from Doomfires and using the Tears when you get airbursted.

whats about cot: karazhan^^

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker
    By the way, is it just me or is Archimonde is the easiest boss in MH? I mean, it's just running away from Doomfires and using the Tears when you get airbursted.
    While i was in my former guild was clearing bt/hyjal, the only encounters we had problems with was;

Archimonde (fires and decurse)
    Bloodboil (people over-aggroing or unlucky fel rages)
    Illidari Council (people dieing from getting flamestrike, poison, blizzard or any combination of those)
    Illidan (Elemental tnaks not moving out of the blue beams)

So yes, it's something about coordination
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

You forgot Reliquary of Suck - People not taking fixates.