Poll: You're in a battleground completely overrun by the opposite faction, do you push on or give up?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Battlegrounds - Giving Up vs Pushing On?

So basically do you choose to end it sooner and save some time hoping for a better group next time or push on until the very end hoping for a win no matter how slim the odds?

Deleted

Re: Battlegrounds - Giving Up vs Pushing On?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh
    in WSG, AB, EOTS i'm only there for the marks
    in AV i'm there for honor
    i rather do many fast games than a few long games
    What he/she said

On a slightly different note: Would you -in some way- get more honor if your faction could summon their giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh
    in WSG, AB, EOTS i'm only there for the marks
    in AV i'm there for honor
    i rather do many fast games than a few long games
    What happened to bging for fun? Although I understand taking arena more seriously than bg's, I still enjoy pvp in all its forms. I think the problem is this marks/honor mind state makes a lot of people never try, whether winning or losing. That being said if my group is full of people with 6k health and no one going for objectives I will usually just start kill farming but not until I'm sure there's no chance.

When I'm completely surrounded by hordes in, lets say, a WSG, I usually just run towards and thinking "Hey, that guy got low hp!" and then begin spamming instants.

If I'm on my druid, I don't need to think twice, I'm just hit the prowl button and either stay if some fellow alliance player is on his / her way or just sneak a bit away from the big horde group, toward their flag

i only do WSG and AB for rep now so pushing on ftw!
    s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

Always push on......

I've been in Countless games that end like this:

3 flags vs 2 flags..
    2000 resources vs 1990 resources.
    2 reinforcements vs 0 reinforcements.

and always think if only i healed that one guy, or capped that node 2 seconds faster.
    It's just a game.

I always push on if it's a close match: 2 v 3 and we both have the flag, 2 nodes v 3 nodes and the score is at about 1850 for both sides, etc.

Now if it's 0 caps v 2 caps, all ten of the opposing team in our GY and just farming us for 50 HKs, I won't rez. That's just stupid.

AV is a different case. I -always- push on. Last week I actually managed to finish turn-ins for a ground assault, and that did change the course of the match. Those troops let us take back SPAS and SPGY, buying the time we needed for O to kill Drek.

It's sad... really sad... But I had to vote "give up"...

Just today there where mere 3 hordies at the AB-graveyard (starting point with the fence) and just farmed the guys that where joining in new or where waiting for the rezz.. The rest of the horde was ... I don'T have a clue, they allways seem to be everywhere ;D
    It was truly frustrating.

We lost EoS (even thou we where 15:15) so badly with ~50:2000 and in the end no bases. A lot of us just waited atop the spawn-rock...
    Also, very frustrating.

I don't like to fight against heavily better geared players, that also have alot more skill than most of our ally-players, including me ;D

I often try to take it with some black humor, but today it's especialy hard

15+ Year Old Account

Like most have said, AV for honor, everything else for marks.

If AV goes bad, I try to find someone to make as my 'bitch' I'll hound them till they leave

But ya, I've been on those rare 3:2 WSG, 2000:1990 EotS and AB's, AV is just anyones game.

Been at 200:400 only to come back and win 7:0!! That was a rush!!!

You always push on.

Quitters don't need to bring their real life into WoW.

However.... there is a time when you don't want to give the opposing faction "honor kills" either, and it is better to "turtle up" and try to kill them before they do you.

PvP is overrated.

Therefore do I give up at start
    unless we're steamrolling them
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Push, always.

There's nothing fun about being an honor/mark whore. I for a time was like that and I ended up hating PvP. Play for fun, the honor and marks will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwios
    Push, always.

Play for fun, the honor and marks will come.

Well, if there where more people like that in my BGs they'd be fun, and there where marks and honor to gain.

Reality is different at our pool ;D

Even though I have no rights to and it makes me look like a bitch, I usually ask the people going "just let them win" to leave so we can get in someone more useful. :
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

It depends on the situation.

If I'm doing the honor/gear grind, then I'll push hard at the start. If I see that the opposition has too large of an advantage, I take a break and hope it ends quickly.

Once I have all of the available gear, I'll always push. I want to see how hard I can go and how much punishment I can take before I go down.

If it's with friends, and we're all geared, then there's no question, we'll push as hard as possible depending on the BG.

WSG - If O sucks, the three of us will go O and bring back the flags while the other 7 support. If O is fine, then nobody's making it out of the base alive with our flag.
    AB - We usually go for BS or LM (LM if one of them is on a priest), and lock it down.
    Eye - We'll lock down the middle and make sure someone can run it back. If the other 12 can defend two and eventually get a third, we'll take the flag ourselves and push for the 4th just to end it sooner than later. We've forced so many 4 caps like that.
    (SL/SL Lock, Spriest, HPally)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    PvP is overrated.

wow you suck ...

Lots have said "play for fun" in response to the people giving up, I have to counter with:
    WSG is the most sorry excuse for a battleground in dire need of a reinforcement limit in the 40s in any game featuring such things, painful for me to even think about, let alone enter, yet for the upgrading of my chars for PvP I have to endure it for 20 losses.
    Once bracers have been bought I can swan off to AB or EotS for some fun, but NOTHING will ever make me try in WSG to do anything other than leech 1 mark per game.

My Motto: Play hard, Play to win, Have fun win or lose!

Play what you love and the gear will follow. Don't play for gear (PvE or PvP). Its a game, of you don't like BGs, don't play them.

The BGs are littered with people who do not try. To those people, please, for the sake of the game, just try. It would be like going into a raid and not trying - at least there the raid leader can boot you. Most raid leaders will keep you if you try and show improvement. Your not going to win every time, but if you go into a BG, you should try to win, just like any instance or raid. A BG is a raid group after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthane
    What happened to bging for fun? Although I understand taking arena more seriously than bg's, I still enjoy pvp in all its forms. I think the problem is this marks/honor mind state makes a lot of people never try, whether winning or losing. That being said if my group is full of people with 6k health and no one going for objectives I will usually just start kill farming but not until I'm sure there's no chance.
    and the winner is......this man.

Do not do it at all unless its fun. I play hard and to the end win or lose no matter what. I have never, ever given up in a BG 147,000+ HKs later even if I am getting my arse kicked. I pray that the chumps that do just GTFO and good PvPers come in. I have won countless BGs coming from behind using this approach. Play to enjoy, not to get tokens or honor and trust me, you gather the tokens and honor much much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    PvP is overrated.

PvE is rated as it should be, nothing but garbage. PvP is all the game has to sustain its subscribers.