Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tyrael Mini Pet, Blizz Auth, Blue posts

New PTR Build - Tyrael Mini Pet
    The PTRs have been updated with a new build and the Tyrael Pet was added to the game files ! It seems that the pet also had a few unique sounds added.

Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    ) after patch 2.4.3 is released in the near future.

After you have received the in-game code from this webpage, the Alliance will travel to Stormwind and the Horde to Undercity to visit a new NPC where you will be able to claim the in-game pet.

The pet itself will be a miniature version of the Archangel Tyrael of Diablo 2 fame who will travel with you on all your grand adventures in Azeroth! Pictures of this amazing new pet will be available on the official website soon for everybody to check out.

Blizzard Authenticator Currently Sold Out
    Originally Posted by Tyren
    Our U.S. online store is currently sold out of the Blizzard Authenticators, and we're working on obtaining additional stock. Please note that due to the nature of the technology in the device and the related manufacturing procedures, it will be several weeks before they're available again. We're working hard to expedite this process as much as possible.

We're also aware that non-U.S.-based players on our North American realms were unable to purchase the Blizzard Authenticator from the online store when it was available. This was due to shipping-related issues with our store for this device that could not be resolved by the time it first went on sale. Rather than delay the launch, we felt it was important to make the Authenticator available to as many people as possible as quickly as we could. We're continuing to work on a solution for these players and will provide an update as further progress is made.
    The Authenticator helps safeguard account access against third-party programs, such as keyloggers, Trojans, and viruses, that are designed to steal players’ login information. This type of malicious code is often hidden in add-ons/mods and web pages and goes undetected until an account has been compromised and a thief has sold off the valuable items from the characters on that account for gold, which is then sold back to players by the third-party companies benefitting from this practice.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/antigold.html

We appreciate that so many players are opting for the additional layer of security that the Authenticator provides -- playing World of Warcraft is that much more fun when you’re able to do things outside of the game, such as visit websites, with less of a worry that someone out there will be able to get access to all of your login information as a result. To learn more about how to protect yourself from people trying to steal your account name and password, please see the sticky post dedicated to this topic in our Customer Service forum.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1778038509&sid=1

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Premade characters now available on EU PTRs
    Yeah, got corrected overnight. Enjoy! (Source)

Patch 2.4.3 release date
    You know we don't give release dates very often because sometimes things happen that cause delays. While some people are perfectly fine with delays, others take it a bit more personally at times. To avoid setting expectations, we'd rather not give a date and just focus on getting a patch tested and released when we feel it's at a point where it can be released. (Source)

Any "AQ" type events in the future ?
    The event that started with the release of the Isle of Quel'Danas had a number of similarity to the opening of Ahn'Qiraj event. We listened to a lot of the feedback our players had before and made something more accessible and rewarding while still bringing players together for a specific end goal. (Yes, some players on PvP realms were not so interested in reaching the end goal so quickly, but I hope they had fun along the way.) (Source)

Will the Scourge Invasion be back with the new version of Naxxramas in WotLK ?
    Currently we're focused on developing future events so the Scourge Invasion is a bit on the backburner though it may very well be back again at some point in the future. (Source)

Player Housing
    Player housing is something that may happen in the future but there are no plans for it just yet. Good try though! If I had a house in game, it would just be crammed full o f weapons with maybe one throw rug so I didn't look like I didn't care about how it looked completely. (Source)

3 New Fan Arts
    New fan arts have been added to the official site !

Re: Tyrael Mini Pet, Blizz Auth, Blue posts

Player Housing
    Player housing is something that may happen in the future but there are no plans for it just yet. Good try though! If I had a house in game, it would just be crammed full o f weapons with maybe one throw rug so I didn't look like I didn't care about how it looked completely.

Exactly, woot first post.

If player housing is anything like the Diablo 2 guild halls that we were promised at the start of that game,, then I suspect we'll never see it added....

I do recall blizzard talking about playing housing as being possible, and very likely to be added into WoW, obviously they don't want to add houses all over the landscape, but instead you could add a rock, or flower and click "that" as a sort of portal to your very own private space.

Also, guild halls, much like we were promised in diablo 2 were a possibility.
    A guild would be able to make their guild hall bigger, buy expansions for it, show off trophies of monsters they've slain and much more.

Sadly, there just isn't much going on in that area anymore, and I highly doubt we'll ever see it added.
    I hope it's one of the things they are adding into Diablo 3... but I have my doubts.

--

Also, that 3rd fan art is DAMN good looking!

thats a damn cool pet.
    It's just a game.

that first "new fanart" for a fact i know if not new at all.

@Nystul : Blame them ^^

Dunno why but this pet model reminds me dorf female. xD

Boub, the "source" link for the blue post on the authenticators currently being sold out links back to the mmo-champion home page

(or my firefox isn't displaying it correctly)

Good job anyhow that they actually sold out. Means there's some serious interest from the market. Can't wait to get my hands on one (or two) for myself.

oh god, that night elf priest picture is oldschool

It's Shire from Forte, scratched down by another Forte guy (I believe), a short time after BWL was released. Real talented artist, he used to make pictures like that for anyone for 1k gold, all his pictures were collected somewhere but no idea where that collection is.

There was one especially awesome work of his depicting Noche from Synergy with his Sulfuras, one of the first in the world, if I remember correctly. Real cool, dark piece, one of his first in the "genre", think it was a gift from Forte to Synergy.

True Izichial. I wonder if anyone has a link to some collection of those drawings. Please? ;D

http://rapidshare.com/files/126749685/pic.zip.html
    Here you go. That's all i've got.

ps: ffs, had to register on gmail and add a stupid period in the nickname, cuz mmo-champ couldn't send me an e-mail on rambler.ru :\

Wow, thanks a lot man! :-* I missed Tekesh's portrait Awsome

Amazing! My sincerest thanks, Reveil, that's a real nostalgia pond for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Also, guild halls, much like we were promised in diablo 2 were a possibility.
    A guild would be able to make their guild hall bigger, buy expansions for it, show off trophies of monsters they've slain and much more.
    Something like this could revive some of the old content cause people would be running the old instances to get the trophies for our guild hall.

Sargonas of <Vortex> was kind enough to remind me of the original artist of the Shire_LO and other pictures, which is still up and can be found at http://www.matej-jenko.com/. The WoW pics are under series.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionn
    Something like this could revive some of the old content cause people would be running the old instances to get the trophies for our guild hall.
    So absolutly.

Heart of Hakkar
    Hammer of Ragnaros
    Head of Onyxia
    Head of Nefarian
    A tenacle from C'thun
    Urn of Kel'Thuzad
    Teeths of Gruul
    Head of Magtheridon
    Fang of Lady Vashj
    Rod of the Sun King
    A vial from Nordrassil
    Warglaives of Azzinoth

Things like that

*drolls in awesomeness of the idea*

(The items would ofcource, be pure visual, and not related to their ingame counterpart who gives useable weapons/rewards)

Some of the pictures from the "forte series" was printed on canvas.
    Think he printed about 20 pictures (might be less) atlest 1 was that picture of Shire since i have it.

About time he get his art on the front page since its just amazing.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Tyrael Mini Pet - Flight?

Anyone know whether the Tyrael pet will but included in the pets who fly next to you in the air after 2.4.3 or will he just float along the ground? I really hope he hovers in the air.

C
    x

Quote Originally Posted by ferggy_99
    Guild Halls sound like a very very cool idea! But what exactly are player housing and how would it work?
    I've only ever played one game with player housing; Final Fantasy XI. Housing in that game is handled with instances. If you were to walk into the housing area, you'll always zone into your own house, unless in a party with someone, then you can enter theirs as well.

A problem i see with player housing is currently, there's no wood working profession in the game. We could make stone or metal furnishings with blacksmithing i suppose, like a copper bed with linen sheets etc., but bliz said they were interested back at Blizzcon 07, in a tradeskill that would make arrows and staves etc. They would also probably need a gathering profession to go along with it. Furnishings in FFXI aren't just for looks, they add to the overall storage of your home.

So right now i think very little could support player housing, unless we would be getting an impersonal, non-custom hut, which i don't think anyone is asking for.

OMG! WTB Tyrael pet! 10k G! ;D