Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Headless Horseman Loot, Recruitment, Blue posts

MLG Orlando Live Stream

Very important notice about the recruitment - We had a slight bug with the original post, some of your private messages might have been sent to the wrong user. Please resubmit them. Also note that due to the high amount of messages I'm getting I might need some time to process everything.

New PTR Build - Horseman Loot Table updated
    A new build has been deployed on PTRs and the testing of Hallow's End activated. New items were added to the Headless Horseman loot table it seems, for the moment we've only got the sword but this is probably not the only addition (*cough* mount *cough*). More update in a few minutes/hours.

Small reminder on the Headless Horseman mount (Unconfirmed drop for the moment)
    Headless Horseman's Flying Mount - Summons and dismisses a rideable Headless Horseman's Mount. (Screenshot)
    Headless Horseman's Unruly Mount - Summons and dismisses a rideable Headless Horseman's Mount. (Screenshot)

MMO-Champion is recruiting !
    For the first time since the beginning of the site, MMO-Champion is officialy recruiting people to help on the content for the upcoming Wrath of the Lich King expansion. We're mostly looking for people interested in writing and updating articles but any offer to improve the site is welcome.

Requirements
    • Decent English writing skills.
    • Excellent autonomy, we really need people who will think of ways to improve content by themselves without waiting for orders.
    • Good knowledge of Wrath of the Lich King. (Which shouldn't be a problem if you've been reading this site for at least 6 months)
    • Basic understanding of HTML (But if you're only interested in doing content, it's just a matter of understanding where to fill your information and anyone can do that)
    • Very high resistance to sarcasm. Seriously.

How to apply
    • Send me a personal message with some information about you.
    • Please include a sample of your work in the message, sending a PM saying "hi, I want to work on the site !" just won't work.

Important stuff
    • This is NOT a paid position, in the end you could probably get paid if you did an awesome job but don't expect anything before months.
    • This is NOT a way to get a beta key.

EU Arena Tournament qualification ranking
    Originally Posted by Vaneras (Blue Tracker)
    Greetings Community,

As the second phase qualifiers of our Arena Tournament is progressing forward quite nicely, we wanted to give you a small update on the recent happenings and standings taking place on the tournament realm. With only one week left to fight for the last for 4 spots for this year’s European Regional Finals, the pressure on the top teams rises as much can change over the next couple of days.
    As of 12:00 noon CEST today, July 10th 2008, the order for the top 10 teams looks the following:

Standing | Team Name | Wins / Losses | Ranking
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. PLASMA TV INC | 96 / 32 | 2089
    2. ojo | 146 / 54 | 2014
    3. Dodge This | 82 / 25 | 1954
    4. la defense de ojo | 89 / 24 | 1919
    5. Millenium | 80 / 29 | 1899
    6. aÄa Agita | 96 / 33 | 1892
    7. SK GAMÌNG | 87 / 25 | 1887
    8. Triple Threat | 111 / 52 | 1859
    9. Sik | 156 / 82 | 1843
    10. xayz etait un mec bien | 50 / 28 | 1831
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, currently the team "PLASMA TV INC" is at the top of the ranking, with a total of 128 games played, of which 96 were won and 32 lost. The win percentage of this team is currently at around 75%.

Following closely in 2nd, 3rd and 4th spots are the teams "ojo", "Dodge This" and "la defense de ojo". It is important to note that all the teams must have played at least 200 games during the qualifier period to actually be eligible for the European Regional. As some of the teams still have to play some games in order to reach the 200 games limit, we are looking forward to see some changes in the ranking during the upcoming days.

If you have not been following or playing in the tournament qualifiers, this is your chance to cheer your favorite teams into the regional finals. Who will it be? One week from now, it will be decided!

Good luck to everyone participating!

Activision Blizzard Announcement
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;http://www.worldofwarcraft.com]We’re excited to announce that our planned team-up with Activision, first made public back in December 2007, is now a reality. All regulatory and shareholder approvals have been granted, meaning Blizzard Entertainment -- along with the other companies that made up Vivendi Games -- is now part of a new organization called Activision Blizzard. While this transition doesn’t impact our games, websites, personnel, day-to-day operations, or development philosophies, the combined resources of Activision Blizzard will make it easier than ever for us to deliver the best games possible to our players around the world. [/blizzquote"]

WWI Contests: Winner Entries Published
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;http://www.wow-europe.com]At the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational we held several [url=http://eu.blizzard.com/wwi08/contest.xml?locale=en_GB][b][color=orange]contests[/color][/b][/url]. Now it's time to reveal some of the winning entries! On our [url=http://eu.blizzard.com/wwi08/contest-results.xml?locale=en_GB][b][color=orange]contest winner page[/color][/b][/url] you can view the winning submissions of the fan art contest and the machinima movie and TV ad contests! Additionally, we have provided the best fan arts as high-res pictures for download. [url=http://eu.blizzard.com/wwi08/contest-results.xml?locale=en_GB][b][color=orange]Check them out now![/color][/b][/url] [/blizzquote"]
    Below are the high res version of the winning entries for the Fan Art Contest.

New Fan Arts
    4 New Fan Arts have been added to the official sites.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Headless Horseman Loot, Recruitment, Blue posts

Kewl looks on that sword! *Sarcasm off*, anyway, nice with a new item from an event like that.

Someone on PTR on the PVE server has the horse. Pretty neat since it gives 100% ground speed and 280% flying

Are Taurens excluded from using this new mount ?
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrrrr
    kcool me migt apli 4 dat kew ritin jub
    zomg yo didnt have had a goed ritin skillz, so me didnt tink yo wil got de jub!

Just a note, Bou - the pm link attempts to send a message to the username 'lu'.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK
    Are Taurens excluded from using this new mount ?
    No, but Blizzard already confirmed that it will only drop for Horde side, because Alliance already have a horse-mount. "Don't worry," they said:"Alliance will for sure get something in change next year!"

boeeh alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    No, but Blizzard already confirmed that it will only drop for Horde side, because Alliance already have a horse-mount. "Don't worry," they said:"Alliance will for sure get something in change next year!"
    I see what you did there.

any chance on fixing EU premades?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trell
    Just a note, Bou - the pm link attempts to send a message to the username 'lu'.
    Yeah, i accidentaly sent my application there but deleted it from my outbox before it was read. Will this user still receive it? I don't mind him reading it, but i don't want him to send my application as his own ;>
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Yeah, i accidentaly sent my application there but deleted it from my outbox before it was read. Will this user still receive it? I don't mind him reading it, but i don't want him to send my application as his own ;>
    I just assumed that Bou knew what he was doing and made that user to keep his recruitment PMs separate from his normal ones. I'll keep watch though in case I'm wrong.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kuarlos
    I just assumed that Bou knew what he was doing and made that user to keep his recruitment PMs separate from his normal ones. I'll keep watch though in case I'm wrong.
    Well i sent mine to Bou directly again. Just in case this wasn't intentionally (Well, look at the post of the user "lu", i doubt that this is Bou..)

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Well i sent mine to Bou directly again. Just in case this wasn't intentionally (Well, look at the post of the user "lu", i doubt that this is Bou..)
    He updated the link to go to him now, so I suppose I'll re-send it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kuarlos
    He updated the link to go to him now, so I suppose I'll re-send it.
    Ah just saw it SInce i already sent it to Bou t be safe, i think i do not need to re-send it :>

That contest winner, the first Wallpaper is pretty up to par with Blizzard's style they should hire that guy/gal

i sent to both lu and bou lol.. how come there is not "sent messages" folder.. i lost my app
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i sent to both lu and bou lol.. how come there is not "sent messages" folder.. i lost my app
    There's an option to save the message to your outbox when you send it. If you didn't click it, then I think it's lost. This poor lu guy probably got flooded.

lol'ed at the tauren fisher in the "beach" picture

i seriously had to lol at the gay bloodelf dude in the water with the UD and Orc:

and the nightelf stalker-looking guy behind the bloodelf female:

kudos to the artist for creating such a funny fanart. the others look simply amazing :>