Thread: WOTLK Specs

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WOTLK Specs

My first attempts at specs for lvl 80:

PvE Arms BloodFrenzy (Doesn't look too viable atm)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12051020000000
    Note: The last point can go into MS or BT, I'm not sure which will be better.

PvE Fury
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12053100531350
    I'm not sure how rend will scale (its getting buffed) so I went ahead and took 2/3 of the new imp. rend talent, just in case

Protection
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000
    I'm not sure about some of the choices here, especially improved disarm. I don't how how helpful it will be in raids, it seems to have niche use considering the scant number of disarmable mobs we see now.

PvP Arms
    Not confident about this one either. The deep-arms talents are too inticing to decline in favor of Tactical Mastery, Weapon Mastery or Flurry.

Deleted

Re: WOTLK Specs

Is What I am thinking as an MT Spec at the moment. Will need to have a further play around and a proper read. A couple of things I have missed out deliberetly such as Vigilance and Safeguard as these seem like great additions for an Off-tank or someone who is mostly running 5-mans, but ultimatly pointless if your going to spend a lot of time as MT. Also Tempted to take out Concussion blow and throw that point in Imp Bloodrage as well.

Im almost positive someone can come up with somthing a bit more Intresting then this however.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena

Is What I am thinking as an MT Spec at the moment. Will need to have a further play around and a proper read. A couple of things I have missed out deliberetly such as Vigilance and Safeguard as these seem like great additions for an Off-tank or someone who is mostly running 5-mans, but ultimatly pointless if your going to spend a lot of time as MT. Also Tempted to take out Concussion blow and throw that point in Imp Bloodrage as well.

Im almost positive someone can come up with somthing a bit more Intresting then this however.
    Really good imo, just drop one get vigilance.

my spec for 100%, maybe i will change 5 talents in 1h to 3 talents revange and 2 in shield bash since of shield slam dps bost.

Btw please explain me why the hell are u picking up cruelity? its 5% crit..... for prot its like pffff nothing, i wish to remind u that crit hit is not giving u 2xthreat but base threat + additional dmg threat. So basicly if u normaly Shield slam for 1k atm, u got ~2k threat, and if u crit for 1.6 u got 2k threat + 600 from dmg. I belive its more important to go for heroic strike since u spaming it 24/7.

crits build that miracle manna that we call rage significantly. Every spec no matter what you do should include cruelty.

I rly think that with this rage for dodge/parry will be no issue, and during my tanking white hits which are giving rage are less then 5% so i belive its not a issue during tanking, ofc im talking about some 25man where trash and bosses are hitting hard :P (btw my last 5man on my tank was like 4 months ago o.O)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyllo
    I rly think that with this rage for dodge/parry will be no issue, and during my tanking white hits which are giving rage are less then 5% so i belive its not a issue during tanking, ofc im talking about some 25man where trash and bosses are hitting hard :P (btw my last 5man on my tank was like 4 months ago o.O)
    then you should not have to worry about the rage it costs to spam heroic strike and enjoy the extra 5% crit.

Really good imo, just drop one get vigilance.
    vigilance appears to only be useful for putting dodge on the tank...except it reduces threat....so its not good

on a side note, if every boss could be disarmed, imp disarm would be worth it. till then, ill pass on it
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    vigilance appears to only be useful for putting dodge on the tank...except it reduces threat....so its not good
    No, it's for instances that you aren't supplied ample rage, and rogues that go crazy, throw that bad boy on the rogue, and you'll be able to always taunt off him.

on a side note, if every boss could be disarmed, imp disarm would be worth it. till then, ill pass on it
    Never. Never Ever NEVAR! And that's why I don't like imp disarm

my wolk tank spec.

honestly, vigilance, safeguard and shockwave are awful talents and at most are very situational.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    No, it's for instances that you aren't supplied ample rage, and rogues that go crazy, throw that bad boy on the rogue, and you'll be able to always taunt off him.
    dont run normals if they give u rage issues or let the rogue die ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabeetay
    my wotlk* tank spec.

honestly, vigilance, safeguard and shockwave are awful talents and at most are very situational.
    I'm willing to give them a chance, except for safeguard. Also, if you're putting points into improved taunt, you might as well take vigilance, it shows the exact same lack of faith that you will hold agro, but with one point instead of 2.

dont run normals if they give u rage issues or let the rogue die ;D
    That's not a very good way to deal with the situation is it?

for 5 mans, i would consider vigilance, but for 10/25 mans, its really notsogood. Shockwave and safeguard are also just crap. you usually have less than 1k AP in tanking gear, so its 250 dmg before enemy armor. The stun is cool for 5 mans if you have no cc, but for raiding...leave the aoe tankin to the pallies.
    As for safeguarding, it could only be marginally useful if you were to intervene a tank.

/end rant

Vigilance seems like its going to actually be very useful more than people like to think. 10% threat reduction? If you've seen the changes that they've made to paladins (and correct me if i'm mistaken or missed something) but there is going to be no 30% threat reduction from salv (changing it to some one time cd use bullshit). This for a destro lock as my main raider, scares me very much. Any extra threat reduction would be appreciated

say per 25 man raid: 3 locks, 3 fire mages, 1 ele shaman. 2 prot warriors. so we have 7 major threat people (from this example) and 2 reductions that are less than salv. I imagine there will be more threat reduction talents, or more threat increase talents or its gg for the dps

Quote Originally Posted by Xyllo
    Btw please explain me why the hell are u picking up cruelity? its 5% crit..... for prot its like pffff nothing, i wish to remind u that crit hit is not giving u 2xthreat but base threat + additional dmg threat. So basicly if u normaly Shield slam for 1k atm, u got ~2k threat, and if u crit for 1.6 u got 2k threat + 600 from dmg. I belive its more important to go for heroic strike since u spaming it 24/7.
    and heroic strikes going to have a 20% chance to crit naked as a tank not even counting the base crit youd get from being 80

I'd only mention that there are obviously massive changes afoot to shield block (rating, value, how it's used, crushing etc) and therefore prot tree is kinda hard to judge atm.

Vigilence on a melee who is fighting the 100% rule and who has no way of dropping agro could be very useful, depending on the changes to threat.