Runic Power and spell durations

I have a question about certain DK spells that use Runic Power. I'll use Dancing Rune Weapon as an example. Say that when you use Dancing Rune Weapon, does it immediatly consume 100% of your Runic Power, and set the duration of the spell in stone? Or does it drain Runic Power per second after being used to sustain itself, and as long as you continue to gain more Runic Power, the spell can last longer than 20 seconds?

Re: Runic Power and spell durations

That! ...is a good question ???
    That is all.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aeline
    I have a question about certain DK spells that use Runic Power. I'll use Dancing Rune Weapon as an example. Say that when you use Dancing Rune Weapon, does it immediatly consume 100% of your Runic Power, and set the duration of the spell in stone? Or does it drain Runic Power per second after being used to sustain itself, and as long as you continue to gain more Runic Power, the spell can last longer than 20 seconds?
    Considering it has a cooldown..I'm willing to bet the answer is no. Why would it? That would just be stupid and would give you a near-infinite usage of Runic Power.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Any1 knows lol? :P

Dancing Rune Weapon - Unleashes all available runic power to summon a second rune weapon that fights on its own for 1 sec per 5 runic power, doing the same attacks as the death knight.

Hungering Cold - Unleashes all available runic power to suddenly purge the earth around the Death Knight of all heat.

Sounds like these will use whatever runic power is available at cast time to set its duration.

On the other hand:

Unholy Blight - A vile swarm of unholy insects surrounds the caster for a 10 yard radius. All enemies caught in the swarm take 76 damage per sec and are plagued with a disease that can stack up to 3 times. Persists for 1 sec per 10 runic power. Generating runic power during the effect can prolong it.

Clearly states you will be able to use runic power as you generate it while this spell is up.

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn
    Considering it has a cooldown..I'm willing to bet the answer is no. Why would it? That would just be stupid and would give you a near-infinite usage of Runic Power.
    That! ...is a good answer!

If it drained runic power you could keep gaining more throuh other attacks or [Butchery] and it has the potential of lasting a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormus
    Dancing Rune Weapon - Unleashes all available runic power to summon a second rune weapon that fights on its own for 1 sec per 5 runic power, doing the same attacks as the death knight.

Hungering Cold - Unleashes all available runic power to suddenly purge the earth around the Death Knight of all heat.

Sounds like these will use whatever runic power is available at cast time to set its duration.

On the other hand:

Unholy Blight - A vile swarm of unholy insects surrounds the caster for a 10 yard radius. All enemies caught in the swarm take 76 damage per sec and are plagued with a disease that can stack up to 3 times. Persists for 1 sec per 10 runic power. Generating runic power during the effect can prolong it.

Clearly states you will be able to use runic power as you generate it while this spell is up.
    but that... :-X Unholy Blight, Might be your asnwer.
    Still possibly the spells work differantly. The description for Dancing Rune Weapon doesn't have that.
    That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyWuffms

Still possibly the spells work differantly. The description for Dancing Rune Weapon doesn't have that.
    I think different spells will work differently and if it doesn't say "Generating runic power during the effect can prolong it", you will not be able to prolong the spell duration by generating runic power during the effect.

Do I gain Runic Power by doing damage, and taking damage, like warriors?

Or just by doing specialls?