Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blue: More "Polish" for mages coming up.

For once, I would like a talent that gives us a bonus without having to sacrifice something for it. The other classes aren't treated that way. Just look at fire. Plus this, but minus that.

Quote Originally Posted by growly
    For once, I would like a talent that gives us a bonus without having to sacrifice something for it. The other classes aren't treated that way. Just look at fire. Plus this, but minus that.
    i can only think of 2 talents that do that.

Playing with Fire - Negative and Positive
    Burnout - Negative and Positive
    Arcane Power - Negative and Positive (but I love it still)
    Incanter's Absorption - Negative and Positive
    Arcane Blast - Negative and Positive
    Empowered Arcane Missiles - Negative and Positive
    2p t5 - Negative and Positive

Frost - Yay, not negative.

And your old raid armor was Mage Armor. Now we use mostly Molten Armor where we gain 3% crit, but we lose the effect of 30% passive regen. So at times, we don't have one armor which we use while raiding.
    A lock's old raid armor was Demonic Armor (pretty crappy). Now they have Fel Armor where they gain 100-130 spell damage and 20-26% increased healing effects. So they have only one armor for raiding.

Now come Wotlk, the new Fel Armor is even better with:
    Increases spell power by 180 plus additional spell power equal to 30% of your Spirit. Also allows 30% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting.
    It comes with the lost of increased healing effects, but they gain more spell power and 30% passive regen.

But mage still has to choose between Mage and Molten Armor while raiding. So the armors of a mage have their draw backs compared to locks, yet alone the lock's armors have become much better.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Aurin

Quote Originally Posted by esserius
    It better be WAY more than polish. I want instant invisibility if Hunters are getting the same thing (but better). There's so much stupid crap in the trees it's ridiculous. Fire needs to be completely re-worked, Arcane needs to have talent convergence (i.e. Prismatic Cloak needs to be converged with Improved Blink, Magic Attunement with Arcane Fortitude--and Improved Blink needs to make the cooldown on Blink much shorter than it currently is). Frost just needs something that's unique in its tree. Giving more of the same is extremely boring and totally unfitting when you consider what other classes get.
    You'll be happy to know that the Hunter camouflage has been binned already
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by esserius
    Yeah, because the DPS of dual wielding two-handed swords is just AWFUL.

Er.

Wait.
    between you and me.. it is, unless they don't suffer from the dual wield penalty

Lol Polish... they need more then polish. As it stands mages got the shaft if everything is finalized. What they need to do is fix long standing problems like blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    Lol Polish... they need more then polish. As it stands mages got the shaft if everything is finalized. What they need to do is fix long standing problems like blink.

blink may have a problem, but it's not a bug, in order to fix blink's problem they have to redesign the whole gameworld

would you like to do that? go ahead and apply, they'll think you're nuts and laugh at you

still, the mage fire and frost talents are pure crap, arcane is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    blink may have a problem, but it's not a bug, in order to fix blink's problem they have to redesign the whole gameworld

would you like to do that? go ahead and apply, they'll think you're nuts and laugh at you

still, the mage fire and frost talents are pure crap, arcane is fine
    Yes I would redesign the whole gameworld all it needs is some drapes and a nice coat of paint. I never said blink was a bug they just need to change the mechanic if the game world is the problem.

I do agree that the fire and frost tree is rubbish.

fire atm is such an insult. frost seems pretty much fine to me, (i notice alot of ppl around various forums complaining about the cast time of deep freeze, but its actually better because of GCD )

arcane is good imo big improvements so far, however i would love to see some 'slow' love, like dispel resistance ,40% then another 30% from other talents. plus maybe improved slow 5 points - decreases attack speed by 25-40% around that number, and a cool mechanic like increases instant cast spells and abilities by 0.2 sec per skill point, you would have to add a cool-down tho. also a buff of netherwind presence and a bigger boost to student of mind to 15-20% couldn't hurt either.

also to allow all specs to pvp lower frost barrier to 11 points in frost, lower damage absorbed and add points in deep frost to increase damage absorbed, either that or fix mana shield(lol). i would love to see that get a cd and be used offensively as a mana drain. one can only dream.

as for fire man where to start......get rid of 'livingjoke' for starters, do some thing like lower pyroblast cast time and add an effect to it that lowers resill or maybe spell power by % so u can use it raiding or some thing *shrug*
    i really do hope blizzard put some huge thought into our trees or it looks like ill be lvling my druid ( balance of course, looks so sexy ^_^ )

side question. i know its still only beta but why are classes only getting 2-3 trainable spells wen in TBC we got 5, 1 new per 2 lvls.

Quote Originally Posted by HERO
    fire atm is such an insult. frost seems pretty much fine to me, (i notice alot of ppl around various forums complaining about the cast time of deep freeze, but its actually better because of GCD )

arcane is good imo big improvements so far, however i would love to see some 'slow' love, like dispel resistance ,40% then another 30% from other talents. plus maybe improved slow 5 points - decreases attack speed by 25-40% around that number, and a cool mechanic like increases instant cast spells and abilities by 0.2 sec per skill point, you would have to add a cool-down tho. also a buff of netherwind presence and a bigger boost to student of mind to 15-20% couldn't hurt either.

also to allow all specs to pvp lower frost barrier to 11 points in frost, lower damage absorbed and add points in deep frost to increase damage absorbed, either that or fix mana shield(lol). i would love to see that get a cd and be used offensively as a mana drain. one can only dream.

as for fire man where to start......get rid of 'livingjoke' for starters, do some thing like lower pyroblast cast time and add an effect to it that lowers resill or maybe spell power by % so u can use it raiding or some thing *shrug*
    i really do hope blizzard put some huge thought into our trees or it looks like ill be lvling my druid ( balance of course, looks so sexy ^_^ )

side question. i know its still only beta but why are classes only getting 2-3 trainable spells wen in TBC we got 5, 1 new per 2 lvls.
    "also to allow all specs to pvp lower frost barrier to 11 points in frost, lower damage absorbed and add points in deep frost to increase damage absorbed"

They already gave ice Block for all Mages no sense in taking another frost exclusive and lowering the tier at which you recieve it or lower its damage absorbtion only to be talented to its original state. Besides all mages I believe will recieve shatter shield which is Ice barrier and frost nova in one. Furthermore it would defeat the purpose of the level at which you obtain mana shield. to have an 11 point shield.... Icy Veins believe it or not is very potent.

I do agree the fire tree is a joke and frost seems fine except for the cast time on Deep Frost... would love for it to be an instant since mages not only have to combat other platers but that dreaded spell pushback.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo
    Well, believe it or not, Blizzard *will* make changes to the talents, skills, abilities, spells and whatnot more.
    This is why it's called ALPHA and BETA and not RELEASE CANDIDATE...

With or without the whining, Blizzard developpers know mages should be further increased in... well... every way possible... Things will happen, trust me :-)
    Why did I read these kind of posts also before TBC? And what happened? It took them over 1 year to figure out that slow, blink & spellsteal cost too much mana --- it took them until last autumn to realise the coefficient nerf for frostbolt & fireball was actually a completely stupid and uncalled nerf.

And what people are saying in this thread is SO true. All the other classes are getting something completely new and cool, mages are getting just more of the same.

One thing I'd love to see is that Molten Armor would gain something like 1% of more crit per rank. Fel armor scales with leveling & gear, why shouldn't Molten armor do?
    Desktop Rig: Intel i9-10850K, 32gb 3200mhz RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

15+ Year Old Account

Shouldn't they just revamp all the armors so for insntance if you are arcane specced your mage armor proffits of those talents etc. and I really miss 2 points for the arcane tree tbh
    "Do. not. touch. The HAIR!!"

mages are fine, you'll still get taken to raids.

mages just require you to be awake when playing. It's a rather unique switch mode class. I little buff will make it overpowered; on the other hand if u loose concentration, you die...

15+ Year Old Account

and you guys play which class?
    "Do. not. touch. The HAIR!!"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanlien
    mages just require you to be awake when playing. It's a rather unique switch mode class. I little buff will make it overpowered; on the other hand if u loose concentration, you die...

r u talking about mages in wow ?

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    mages are fine, you'll still get taken to raids.
    Yey! Best CC and free food for all!

Quote Originally Posted by tranmet
    Yey! Best CC and free food for all!
    I know that's why I rolled a Mage, and it fits the given class description perfectly!

umm so more instant damages and 2 2-handers is bad now for fury warriors and they need to be fixed coz they stand to gain something like 25% more dmg from 2 2-handers baseline as of what I've heard from theorycrafters.
    omg poor darlings you clowns realise u only need 142 to be yellow damage capped for your hit as a fury warrior you only need enough to keep all your crit effective, deep arms after trauma is pretty poor the rest of warrior upgrades are quality and you an just go pick up bloodthirst after trauma and hey hey much improved single target dps.
    Hit slam when your whites hit after bloodsurge procs and throw in the aoe bleed and looky much more dmg, also take a good look at the stats on two handed weapons compared to a 1 hander.....

mages currently deep fire 8 fballs and a scorch you dont really have to be very awake and thats the highest dps they can do which doesnt beat other dps classes which have their better raid synergies.

warlocks armor pisses on all mage type now for dps and they already have better dmg and have been improved, and they get things like Your Corruption, Siphon Life and Unstable Affliction spells gain an additional 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus spell damage effects, and your Drain Life and Shadow Bolt spells have a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to reset the duration of your Corruption spell on the target. s priests the same thing.
    A reason to take a demo lock to a raid Increases your Spirit by 1/2/3/4/5% while your Demon is active. In addition, your pet attacks have a 7/14/21/28/35% chance to increase your party's total Health and Damage by 1%. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 10 sec.
    (5 Ranks).
    s priests get Increases your Shadow damage by 6/12/18/24/30% of your total Spirit, and your damage done by your Mind Flay and Mind Blast is increased by 1/2/3/4/5% for each of your Shadow damage over time effects on the target.
    as well as a straight 5% dmg buff in place of wand spec.
    none of those talents gimp them.... which makes for a definite obvious damage boost where as a mage may lose DPM it's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    umm so more instant damages and 2 2-handers is bad now for fury warriors and they need to be fixed coz they stand to gain something like 25% more dmg from 2 2-handers baseline as of what I've heard from theorycrafters.
    omg poor darlings you clowns realise u only need 142 to be yellow damage capped for your hit as a fury warrior you only need enough to keep all your crit effective, deep arms after trauma is pretty poor the rest of warrior upgrades are quality and you an just go pick up bloodthirst after trauma and hey hey much improved single target dps.
    Hit slam when your whites hit after bloodsurge procs and throw in the aoe bleed and looky much more dmg, also take a good look at the stats on two handed weapons compared to a 1 hander.....

mages currently deep fire 8 fballs and a scorch you dont really have to be very awake and thats the highest dps they can do which doesnt beat other dps classes which have their better raid synergies.

warlocks armor pisses on all mage type now for dps and they already have better dmg and have been improved, and they get things like Your Corruption, Siphon Life and Unstable Affliction spells gain an additional 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus spell damage effects, and your Drain Life and Shadow Bolt spells have a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to reset the duration of your Corruption spell on the target. s priests the same thing.
    A reason to take a demo lock to a raid Increases your Spirit by 1/2/3/4/5% while your Demon is active. In addition, your pet attacks have a 7/14/21/28/35% chance to increase your party's total Health and Damage by 1%. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 10 sec.
    (5 Ranks).
    s priests get Increases your Shadow damage by 6/12/18/24/30% of your total Spirit, and your damage done by your Mind Flay and Mind Blast is increased by 1/2/3/4/5% for each of your Shadow damage over time effects on the target.
    as well as a straight 5% dmg buff in place of wand spec.
    none of those talents gimp them.... which makes for a definite obvious damage boost where as a mage may lose DPM it's a joke.

yeah, what he said...it's amazing how repetitive this stuff is and how often it is brought up yet blizz doesn't even respond with a rebuttal...depressing