Re: Better talent than shockwave-OMGZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Maradar
    Good job guys, reviving an old thread that was written on July 21 2008. :
    i thought i was the only one who noticed
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    i thought i was the only one who noticed
    Good job failing to realize the first comment after the necro was "nice necro. Way to be observant!

Quote Originally Posted by czechx
    deathknights are the magic tanks.

im fine with shockwave imo.
    Boooo

Personally I want to see tremor.

Tremor 25 Rage, 10 second cooldown.
    Deals 50% weapon damage but causes all enemies in a 5 yard radius to stumble reducing chance to hit with physical attacks by 5% for 8 seconds. Any target effected by Tremor will have it's duration refreshed when hit by Thunderclap, furthermore they will take a stacking debuff increasing the damage of Thunderclap on that target by 10% up to a maximum of 80%.

If you think this would be OP in pvp then you'd have to be a mentally challenged player standing in thunderclap every thunderclap for 1 minute 12 seconds to be able to take full damage from this..

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho
    Boooo

Personally I want to see tremor.

Tremor 25 Rage, 10 second cooldown.
    Deals 50% weapon damage but causes all enemies in a 5 yard radius to stumble reducing chance to hit with physical attacks by 5% for 8 seconds. Any target effected by Tremor will have it's duration refreshed when hit by Thunderclap, furthermore they will take a stacking debuff increasing the damage of Thunderclap on that target by 10% up to a maximum of 80%.

If you think this would be OP in pvp then you'd have to be a mentally challenged player standing in thunderclap every thunderclap for 1 minute 12 seconds to be able to take full damage from this..
    So in other words, any melee class you're fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Good job failing to realize the first comment after the necro was "nice necro. Way to be observant!
    Read it again. I thought i was the only one who noticed what date some idiot revived it.
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    So in other words, any melee class you're fighting?

Are these the same melee classes that would stand in a bladestorm that lasts 1min 12 seconds? Seriously..You move away...For 8 seconds... And the debuff does away. You have to be retarded considering the set up and damage loss in a PvP setting you'd incure hitting thunderclap every 6 seconds. Hell just wait 5 seconds and move our of range for three.

This is like saying Blizzard is too powerful when centered around the mage because melee classes will always be in range of the melee.

I'd rather have Shockwave then that piece of ****.

Shockwaves an awesome talent, your clearly an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho

Are these the same melee classes that would stand in a bladestorm that lasts 1min 12 seconds?

This is like saying Blizzard is too powerful when centered around the mage because melee classes will always be in range of the melee.
    Actually that is different. The difference is that while in BS you can't charge, while TC is an instant that you could charge after/stun the enemy (as prot is so good at doing) and just TC. That is why that move would be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by supa
    Actually that is different. The difference is that while in BS you can't charge, while TC is an instant that you could charge after/stun the enemy (as prot is so good at doing) and just TC. That is why that move would be OP.
    Sprint... Frost Nova.. entangling roots...Crippling poison...Bubble....A fear... it's a deep deep prot talent. In what way would it be OP? We're doing near no damage as it is (Recent shield slam nerf we can't break roots now) and it takes a 1 minute 12 second ramp up time to do less then 2k Damage. How in the name of fuck is that OP? How retarded are the people that're playing this warrior that they can't get out of range for 3 seconds every minute? Do they have no partner or stuns / snares on their team?

This has to be reapplied every cooldown of thunderclap. We can't be 2 seconds too late for 8 thunderclaps in a row... Are people this stupid not to do ANYTHING to prevent a warrior doing near no damage with no way to escape roots or CC or stuns from reapplying this 8 times in a row? Do they have NO way of getting out of range? Even if it's on a one minute cooldown for the name of god it's not that hard to get away for two seconds with a partner and over a minute time frame.

Maybe if it came as like a dispellable buff. (pst warrior's have partners 2) That way it would take healer mana to get rid of it in pvp (albeit only a little) and allow it to do some nice damage in pve that prot warrior need.

No my Aoe threat sucks enough as it is.

The only way I would ever be willing to part with shockwave is if the new ability reduced Thunderclaps Cd by 3 seconds or gave it a lingering aftershock effect.