Holy pally's & judgement?

So if you have looked at the holy pally talent tree than you know that 2 high end talents have to do with judging. Increasing spell haste after judging, and increasing the range. Does anyone know why holy pally's will be needing to judge seals?

Re: Holy pally's & judgement?

to gain 10% haste...

So wait, you've never heard of a holy pally judging wisdom to help the casters with mana? Or light for the melee? Makes sense to me to increase the range so you don't have to run close to the mob/boss to judge, and the haste buff just gives holy pallys more of an incentive to judge I guess.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Eh, Improved Judgement should be baseline tbh. Although it is nice to finally get some incentive to judge more than once on a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Panasi
    Although it is nice to finally get some incentive to judge more than once on a fight.
    With Judging comes Global Cooldown, which basicly takes away 1.5seconds of casting time the 10% gained thereafter is only making up some of the time you lost on the GC.

Next to that with the new and improved Ret. Paladins making an more prominent appearance in raiding you will not have to Judge more then once if they keep your Judgements up with Crusader Strike.

All in all I find this talent to be only marginally useful. Hopefully it will get polished a bit before the end of the beta.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lildave151
    So wait, you've never heard of a holy pally judging wisdom to help the casters with mana? Or light for the melee? Makes sense to me to increase the range so you don't have to run close to the mob/boss to judge, and the haste buff just gives holy pallys more of an incentive to judge I guess.
    5 mans, 10 mans maybe. A decent 25 man should have a ret pally to keep up the JoW, and JoL that you speak of, meaning it only needs to be judged once. Spamming Judgements in a long fight is going to hurt mana conservation. The haste is great, but is it going to be more beneficial then the mana saved from not spamming judgements? Who knows!

Edit* Not to mention, unless you are standing within range of this judgement ability throughout and entire fight, you are going to have to be running around a bit more than normal, meaning time away from healing.

Hellooooooo improved shockadin pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul
    Hellooooooo improved shockadin pvp
    True.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Even BLizzard has no idea how to make seals work. The seal system is bugged in WOTLK beta so we will have to wait and see. THing is... It can never be usefull in 5 or 10 man groups when it has to be balanced for 25 man raids. But its actually in the 5 and 10 man groups that the paladins WILL need those seals cause they dont have the same abilities (holy for example) to cover diffrent encounters.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    True.
    I highly doubt people will be speccing that deep into holy for a shockadin spec, especially with the new ret talents. Art of War FTW. Nerf Inc.

21K JoC Crit.
    http://chuckg.org/dump/2008/workingasintended.jpg

Math behind similar crits.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...02574157&sid=1

With that being such a high talent i really doubt that the intent is just to judge once every now and than. i think there must be a change coming to the mechanics of how holy pallys heal

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    I highly doubt people will be speccing that deep into holy for a shockadin spec, especially with the new ret talents. Art of War FTW. Nerf Inc.

21K JoC Crit.
    http://chuckg.org/dump/2008/workingasintended.jpg

Math behind similar crits.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...02574157&sid=1
    Are u sure that crit is real? I just did a little sleuthing and i looked at ur combat log and now where does is say u "gain seal of command" yet you have seal of command up. just makes me think there might have been a little bit of editing there. i'm not saying it is, and i hope its true. just wondering

If you ask me the improved range of judgements should've been a Protection Paladin talent, as a way of single pulling target's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    With Judging comes Global Cooldown, which basicly takes away 1.5seconds of casting time the 10% gained thereafter is only making up some of the time you lost on the GC.

Next to that with the new and improved Ret. Paladins making an more prominent appearance in raiding you will not have to Judge more then once if they keep your Judgements up with Crusader Strike.

All in all I find this talent to be only marginally useful. Hopefully it will get polished a bit before the end of the beta.
    Please get your facts straight.... Judging does not cause a Global Cooldown, activating a seal does, seal lasts for 30seconds and now in WOTLK when you judge a target you do not consume the current active seal. So you can judge a target without incurring a GCD. Enough said you should be judging wisdom or light as per raid requirements as Often as possible to get the haste bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    To the op, no thiis isn't some indication of a new way to heal for a Holy Pally as this was implement with 3.0 and is very needed so as to gain the 15% haste (I find it funny all the pallies saying its 10% in the pally section of mmo-champ forums) without me having to move (ie no healing done) in order to get it.

Also Draiana, yes judging does cause a GCD otherwise you would see rets doing Judge+CS istantly in pvp for even more burst.
    Look at the date of the post of the OP July 2008, this thread is more than a year old. Somebody did some necro.

So you guys dont notice u gain mana back on judgement if u have seal of wisdom up???

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    To the op, no thiis isn't some indication of a new way to heal for a Holy Pally as this was implement with 3.0 and is very needed so as to gain the 15% haste (I find it funny all the pallies saying its 10% in the pally section of mmo-champ forums) without me having to move (ie no healing done) in order to get it.

Also Draiana, yes judging does cause a GCD otherwise you would see rets doing Judge+CS istantly in pvp for even more burst.
    Yes, please pay attention to the topic date- this is over a YEAR old. Bad Necro is baaaaaaad.

Deleted

Necrob&

(Hi Chronalis & iktankniet, don't mind me, I'm in your forums banning your trolls)