Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Prot Warrior in Wotlk

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=Lq0cZZVctGe0zfesgzAo

That’s the build I’m leaning towards. Time and Time again people have proven that Imp Def Stance is worth it.

I spam Revenge and SS like a mofo... so I have to take Imp Revenge and Imp Shield Bash.

I may or may not take Vigilance depending on how useful it is. But if it's useless I will spec into Improved Taunt. (I would take the 1 point from Vigilance and 1 point from Improved Heroic Strike for 2/2 Improved Taunt.)

I only use Heroic Strike when I have very high rage... so I’m not worried too much about Imp Heroic Strike or Anger Management with the addition of Stalwart Protector.

Finally... While Cruelty is such an awesome talent... I’m not willing to take the points from the Prot tree (such as imp revenge and imp def stance) to get it.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

I don't see Revenge as useful in high rage situations anymore since it can't proc Sword and Board. That's why I'd take these three points + the one from Imp HS and put them into curelty.

But other than that I totally agree with you, ArmageddonX.
    "Rend (Rank 1) and Rend (Rank 2) had their damage slightly increased."

Quote Originally Posted by Syrda
    I don't see Revenge as useful in high rage situations anymore since it can't proc Sword and Board. That's why I'd take these three points + the one from Imp HS and put them into curelty.

I never noticed that... I agree with you.

I still may however take Imp Revenge if we discover it's TPS generation ratio is better than 4/5 Cruelty's TPS generation Ratio.
    (80) - (80)
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne
    5/5 Cruelty should and always will be one of the most important talents in every spec for a warrior
    /Agree. If you don't take 5/5 cruelty, you cant comment on anything warrior related.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne
    5/5 Cruelty should and always will be one of the most important talents in every spec for a warrior
    I agree. I just cant figure out where to take the points out to take it.

Prot should be first and foremost about absorbing and mitigating damage... not DPSing.

Besides the 3 points out of Imp Revenge and the 1 point in Imp Heroic Strike I cant see anything else I'm willing to give up to achieve 5/5 Cruelty.
    (80) - (80)

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee
    /Agree. If you don't take 5/5 cruelty, you cant comment on anything warrior related.
    How about if I've cleared SWP as the MT of a guild - the #1 guild on my server?

Cruelty is overhyped. It was a must-have in vanilla WoW. In TBC, it was easily replacable. People say it is must-have because they're repeating what they've heard.

I think prot warriors will be fine and wrath. I don't think blizzard would take the main tanking role from warriors without an uproar. I have high hopes for shockwave, and truly hope that it will finally give warriors a great aoe tanking maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by in2repid
    How about if I've cleared SWP as the MT of a guild - the #1 guild on my server?

Cruelty is overhyped. It was a must-have in vanilla WoW. In TBC, it was easily replacable. People say it is must-have because they're repeating what they've heard.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm currently tanking T5 Content without Cruelty. IMHO its over-rated.

If you are relying on critical strikes to maintain aggro... you are doing something wrong.
    (80) - (80)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm currently tanking T5 Content without Cruelty. IMHO its over-rated.

If you are relying on critical strikes to maintain aggro... you are doing something wrong.
    Cruelty helps your TPS. I'm unsure if it will be widely used in wrath due to the new prot threat abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopr Serial
    Cruelty helps your TPS. I'm unsure if it will be widely used in wrath due to the new prot threat abilities.
    I agree with you. I just don't think its required whatsoever... and will be required even less in Wrath.
    (80) - (80)

Just commenting on an earlier post about revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrda

Revenge isn't as useful as heroic strike or SS in high rage situations, but getting an easy 1k threat for an ability that costs 2 rage is invaluable in low rage environments. Granted with Stalwart Protector those situations are going to be fewer in number, but the utility is still there just in case we need it. I am curious about how many rogues I can piss of with imp. revenge though.

I think Imp Revenge vs Imp Heroic Strike is really going to be a playstyle decision.

Some tanks use Heroic Strike a *lot*. Some don't.

Personally I use Shield Slam, Devistate, and Revenge almost constantly. If I'm at full rage Ill throw some Heroic Strikes in to cut down my rage but never on a general basis or during my aggro building initial attack.
    (80) - (80)

well seeings is how arenas killed prot warriors...:P (@least on my server) it will be interesting to see how they measure up to the other classes now. tanking as a warrior def tanks more microing esp in heroics... so maybe with the buffs to warrior aoe tanking we will see more prot warriors. LF1M Tank PST !!
    GG GL HF