Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does Blizzard hate the Aldor?

Okay, so on one of my characters, I am Scryer. Getting exalted with these guys - easy mode, especially with the new dailies dropping sooo many marks, which I can hand in for rep. This of course also means that the price of these on the AH is very cheap. Arcane Tome, also cheap 9-11 gold. Because I was impatient, I just purchased all teh tomes I needed to get exalted.

Aldor - sigh, on the other hand, Fel Arm - go for 30-40g! And no one is stupid enough to trade mark for mark - given the price differences!

Why does Blizzard hate the Aldor. Perhaps there should be an NPC where you can trade in your signets for Aldor marks.

Z.

Re: Why does Blizzard hate the Aldor?

Aldor used to be easy to get exalted at the begining of TBC, Fel Arm was going for like 5g on my server....

Now its the otherway around, i dont see this as they hate the aldor.. just a supply vs demand thing.
    It's just a game.

The reason I think aldor is harder ,is aldor get the better items.look at the necklace sold at the sunwell island,the aldor version is great for casters,the scryer version blows dead moose.the aldor shoulder enchants are better across the board as well.

All the SSO neck procs are better (in most situations) if you're Aldor.

Khody

I spent 1000g early on in TBC to get exalted with Aldor, maybe less.

I don't really know know what people are paying today but 30-40g sounds pretty rediculous.

I am not complaining about Aldor high prices... farming legion hold and selling all the rep items bought me 2 epic flyers and about an extra 3k gold, that farming for 2 hours a day for about 1 month... but i had very good luck with fel arm's dropping.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    Aldor used to be easy to get exalted at the begining of TBC, Fel Arm was going for like 5g on my server....

Now its the otherway around, i dont see this as they hate the aldor.. just a supply vs demand thing.
    The reason they were so cheap is because everyone was farming Legion Hold for their 300 riding and whatnot. When Blizzard removed mote of shadow from said mobs, and then started to implement daily quests, people just stopped going.

Yes. I also believed more mobs dropped marks/fel arms, like motes of shadows. So they nerfed it. I leveled two character's aldror rep to exalted, and my wallet hurts :'(
    This user has been banned.

Thanks for the helpful replies everyone - Xenaros not so much.

Yup my server, Fel Arms go for, 30-40g. I guess once I get yet another 70 exalted with SS (thats three now). I will have to farm in BEM for marks, fel arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthadan
    This of course also means that the price of these on the AH is very cheap. Arcane Tome, also cheap 9-11 gold. Because I was impatient, I just purchased all teh tomes I needed to get exalted.
    It's a conspiracy!

It's not rly any big prob, if u dont feel for paying loadz of money to get exalted with alodrthen pick scryer, i personally Wrote a macro with: buying all of ur mark of sageras 1g each.

Got em all in 30 min turned in and costed me like 1kg or so, thats like nothing as of patch 2,4.

If they hate them, why would they have made them in the first place, could have saven a lot of effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthadan
    Okay, so on one of my characters, I am Scryer. Getting exalted with these guys - easy mode, especially with the new dailies dropping sooo many marks, which I can hand in for rep. This of course also means that the price of these on the AH is very cheap. Arcane Tome, also cheap 9-11 gold. Because I was impatient, I just purchased all teh tomes I needed to get exalted.

Aldor - sigh, on the other hand, Fel Arm - go for 30-40g! And no one is stupid enough to trade mark for mark - given the price differences!

Why does Blizzard hate the Aldor. Perhaps there should be an NPC where you can trade in your signets for Aldor marks.

Z.
    its just your realm

on mine they are same price.

However, on a similar issue, I was also surprised at how much harder the initial Aldor quest you get at lvl 62 was compared to the Scryer one.

Aldor - go to an Arakkoa camp and cleanse 3 altars there - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10021
    Scyrer - pop downstairs and poison the Aldor - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10169

Deleted

I always have fun on my shammy killing the aldor NPCs - You used to be able to kill their leader, guy who you hand marks into, some random quest elite near the lift, and the two guards near the bottom of the lift (Who you could use to engage any Shattrath guard in combat - Much fun!). Now you can only kill the leader and marks guy - This suggests blizzard knows about this 'mistake' but are purposely not fixing it entirely.

Where is your leader now?!

I actually was going to start a post related to this subject... But my question is a little different... I ran a warlock to 70 as a Scryer and benefited quite well as an enchanter and tailor... Now I am running up a hunter... Question: Which side offers the best items for a hunter who is a Engineer/Miner??? Also in this regard, which side offers the best Hunter class items purchased through tier tokens???
    Omnicron - Lv 80 Blood Elf Death Knight
    < Not That Kind Of Orc > Medivh server
    Shadowlocke - Lv 80 Undead Warlock
    < The Shinigami > Medivh server

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicron76
    Also in this regard, which side offers the best Hunter class items purchased through tier tokens???
    Euhm, Tier tokens always give the same items, regardless of Aldor/Scryer.

Yeah I think kind of messed things up with the SSO dailies :P

Tons more gold ingame, plus ezmode Scryer rep.

Oh well :P

blizzard doesn't hate the aldor, they just did not realise no one would do places like shadow lab anymore (main source of fel armaments) because of millions of dailies and superior items available through banging your head on the keyboard in AV all day long...!!!
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

15+ Year Old Account

I got two level 70's

Hunter - Was Exalted Aldor is Revered Scryers

Druid - Was Exalted Scryers is Honored Aldor

Meh....;P