Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Penance and Dispersion...suck?

oh duh...for some reason i thought it was channeled. but then does that mean it can be dispelled/stolen if its a buff?

some ppl from beta have even stated you dont need to be in control of your char to activate dispersion and personally i think its very nice talent for 1 point when you gonna go 50 points in shadow anyways.

Dispersion's cool. Like it's been stated, it's Ice Block and Evocate all in one, with a nice short cooldown. (And appropriately shorter duration)

Have a quick phase where you need to move on a high mobility raid encounter? Or move out of an AoE? Pop Dispersion while you go, it'll be done and you can resume DPS in a better condition when you get there.

Running low on mana in the world of no pots? Dispersion's there for you! It will be your friend, treating you with tender love and care.

Pull agro? Pop Dispersion! It's not as effective an agro drop as Ice Block in that the enemy will not completely ignore you, but it will still protect you, perhaps long enough for the Hand of Salvation or the Hand of Protection or Pain Suppression to lovingly protect you.

In my limited knowledge, Shadow Priests complain about 2 things (well ok, 3, but the DPS thing is addressed by the other talents). Going OOM, and pulling agro and dying. This talent addresses both! It's a tasty 2 for 1 special, ever tasty and filling, but if you're not hungry for one, the other is still there for you.

Shadowpriests dont go oom in pve and dispersion wont help with threat but nevertheless its still very good talent for 1 point. Real 51 point quality if you ask me.

i personally like dispersion in arena i would say its nice because being a shadowpriest means being focused ^^ being almost invulnerable at the "one has to die now"-moment is an absolute 51 point talent for shadowpriests, considering their lack of survivability ^^
    Black is what darkness looks like.

druids cyclone negates dispersion effect at least hp/mana regen wise :-\

Quote Originally Posted by prox
    druids cyclone negates dispersion effect at least hp/mana regen wise :-\
    So we are gonna hate druids again in WotLK.... How could i have been fooled, to think anything else.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Dispersion's cool. Like it's been stated, it's Ice Block and Evocate all in one, with a nice short cooldown. (And appropriately shorter duration)
    Not to mention it's like Cloak of Shadows too. I love it from the start in a PvP sense, since Spriests really lack survivability in that aspect, think of it as an oh sh-- button.