Thread: Best Healers?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Best Healers?

of course druids stack hots on 3 targets. but @ a boss that can kill your tank in 2-4 seconds those hots doesn't give that much. let's say that those hots heal for 2k in 3 seconds while boss slammed your tank for 17k.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by daehin

just taking a look to your armory we can see how much raid experience you got. So ok thanks for your opinions and keep them for yourself if you got no idea
    You are right, I have only attempted Illibeans a few times, so I shouldn't be able to comment too much on very high end things. But, it is common sense. Listening to the paladin class whine + watching who gets raid invites is not exactly hard to do (not in my own guild, everywhere). Also reading mechanics might have something to do with knowledge, not just "LOL MY GUILD CARRYED ME THRU T6".

Quote Originally Posted by robosatan
    Paladin - Strong in 5 man arena, good healer until you begin MH/BT
    Thank you.

well dunno where you see that whines about raid invites when basically you will see every single high end raiding guild with 3 paladins vs 1 resto druid.

First kill of muru got not a druid even but 4 shamans 2 paladins. and many guilds keep that setup, tho imho it is way better to have a druid on sentinel tanks )

true that druid is great @ sentinel tank but 1 more heroism/bloodlust isn't bad for p2.

well dunno where you see that whines about raid invites when basically you will see every single high end raiding guild with 3 paladins vs 1 resto druid.
    dude i dont even raid and i know 3 palas are taken because of the buffs stacking

15+ Year Old Account

I meant crying about their class every where, like on class forums, here, etc. Not whining about raid invites. Just because some simple minded people think that paladins are still the NO 1 HEALERZORZ regardless of anything anyone ever says to prove otherwise, doesn't mean they actually are. These same people still don't know what a retadin, boomkin, or BM hunter is.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    dude i dont even raid and i know 3 palas are taken because of the buffs stacking
    And that is one of the few reasons, besides having no other shammies or other healing classes, stupid people making stupid raid decisions, or you are in DESPERATE need of big heals.

druids can't handle huge burst damage what most sunwell fights do have and they aren't anywhere near shamans and priests in raid healing. That is their main problem.

a druid cannot keep a tank alone while paladins can ... i can only understand you replace a paladin for a druid on muru if he/She is healing the sentinel tank that moves too much for a paladin.

But i highly doubt a druid can heal one of the sides tanks with the burst of damage they take.

Same goes for brutallus ... highly doubt there is any guild progressing or not progressing in Brutallus using a druid on the tanks while 2 paladins is just perfect.

in 5 men it doesn't matter who heals.
    in arena druid and priests for 2v2 3v3 and for 5v5 the combo of paladin/shaman + druid/priest
    in raid 3 shamans, 2 paladins, 1 resto druid, 2 priests. Paladins for tank healing, shamans and priests for raid healing ( coh and ch ) druid as backup both for raid and for tanks. keeping 3LB makes always the healing more stable.
    ^ what he said

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    well i just challenge you to go brutallus with his 17k on tank without a paladin as tank healer.

Paladins can keep up the mana without a spriest on their party in fights like brutallus, felmyst and muru are a must have. And not only for blessings.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kilssii
    druids can't handle huge burst damage what most sunwell fights do have and they aren't anywhere near shamans and priests in raid healing. That is their main problem.
    No where did I say that druids were number 1. I said they were number 3 (If I didn't, I meant to)

Yeah I know but I still think that paladins take the 3th place.
    And I still think that you need 1 resto druid / raid.

a druid cannot keep a tank alone while paladins can ... i can only understand you replace a paladin for a druid on muru if he/She is healing the sentinel tank that moves too much for a paladin.
    are you sure? what can paladin do when tank gets burst dmg? he can spam his heals only. druid keeps hots on tank and when spike dmg comes swiftmend + regrowth or ns+ht.

tell me then which class is better at dealing with burst dmg if not druid with instant swiftmend, hots ticking every 1 sec and ns
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah I know but I still think that paladins take the 3th place.
    And I still think that you need 1 resto druid / raid.
    And you would not need so many healadins if it weren't for blessings. Maybe 1-2, but certainly never more.

procne are you serious? paladins throwing holy lights every 1,8seconds that heal for 6k+ is far better than hots ticking for 2,5k every 3 seconds or some emergency heals with cd:s. And I agree that you might not take more than 2 paladins wo blessings but I doubt that most ppl would take druid instead.

Let's say boss bursts 20k in 2 seconds to your mt. If you have 2 paladins healing him, he'll most likely get 12k+ during that time if your paladins know what to do. If you have 2 druids healing him he'll most likely get 5k from hots and I don't know 10k? from your cd abilities, which are now on cd. Let's say boss does it 3 times in a row in 20seconds. Druids have cd:s, paladins don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhearted

show me a druid that mainheals a tank for an entire fight >.>
    u know, thats funny. cause im pretty sure they would be up to a job. i dont think single pala can keep tank up alone. usually all holy palas in raid are assigned to tank... cause their best spells are for that. if u had 2-3 druids on mt i think they would be more than able to keep him alive. 2-3 sets of hots, 2-3 swiftmends, 2-3 ns, regrowth spam, mobility...

but since druids have bad reputation as a healer noone takes more than 1 or 2 raid and if they do druids are reduced to keep hots up.

in the past i used to think like most ppl do now. palas to heal mt, druids as a support to keep hots up etc...
    until i started experimentating. and it turned out that i can actually keep the tank up myself. it turned out that in certain encounters palas can be raid healers after all.

and i hate when ppl all the time repeat same crap they read on forums or anywhere w/o checking at all

I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

if you trust cd:s to keep your tank alive in raids then you trust in luck.

procne are you serious? paladins throwing holy lights every 1,8seconds that heal for 6k+ is far better than hots ticking for 2,5k every 3 seconds or some emergency heals with cd:s. And I agree that you might not take more than 2 paladins wo blessings but I doubt that most ppl would take druid instead.

Let's say boss bursts 20k in 2 seconds to your mt. If you have 2 paladins healing him, he'll most likely get 12k+ during that time if your paladins know what to do. If you have 2 druids healing him he'll most likely get 5k from hots and I don't know 10k? from your cd abilities, which are now on cd. Let's say boss does it 3 times in a row in 20seconds. Druids have cd:s, paladins don't.
    850 x2 x2 from liebloom. if regrowth and rejuv tick its another 1100 + 350 x2 (around 60% chance for that). swiftmend for 4k x2 (13 sec cd). assuming druid is mt healer he will prolly spam regrowth: 3.5k direct heal x2. thats 3400 + 8000 + 7000 (+2900). that gives 18k (21k) from 2 druids in 2 secs. not counting ns here cause its a cd but if tank got 20k burst ns would be used ofc.

15+ Year Old Account

Similarly how you would trust in cast times and the possibilities of getting knockbacked, silenced, stunned, dead, etc? How are your heals then? My heals are still up, where's yours? Even after I die....

And I did not say they'd replace paladins with druids without blessings, most likely it'd be a shaman or priest, because they are currently much better pve healers.

if your tank gets 20k spikes its alrdy gambling. any other skill, some aoe, parry, w/e and tank is dead 0.5 sec after that. and hoping that pala will be able to cast (dont have to run) and manage to cast heals in time is even more luck.

edit: even if palas can maintain higher hps on tank w/o cooldown and with better mana management then its all they do. if druids dont spam tank with regrowths they can help healing raid. or they can heal 2 tanks at the same time, providing some emergency support.

There are no -best- healers, a raid needs different kind of healers to make it work. as good as resto shamans are at the end game raids, we dont just take them. we want atleast one druid for hots, one priest for raid healing and a paladin for tank healing.