Beacon of Light to be affected by Illumination?

Well if you read one of the new blue posts they state:

"Beacon of Light - We're working on tweaking this spell a bit to make it fit the Paladin's "kit" a bit more... look for the change in an upcoming build."

Now obviously this could mean a lot of things but I'm pretty sure to fit the paladin's "kit" they are going make this a direct heal (affected by illumination) and have the AoE hot effect go on after.

I guess we'll have to wait and see but this does look likely as I can't see what else they could do with Beacon to make it more beneficial to the paladin healing system.

Here's hoping

Re: Beacon of Light to be affected by Illumination?

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Well if you read one of the new blue posts they state:

"Beacon of Light - We're working on tweaking this spell a bit to make it fit the Paladin's "kit" a bit more... look for the change in an upcoming build."

Here's hoping
    I'm hoping in it too...

I think Beacon of Light is a bit insufficient (It is a 51 point talent) in this build:
    - The mana cost is a bit higher, but, maybe, with the new itemization, holy pallys will get 19k mana, making the spell not so expensive, who knows?
    - The range is too little. If you put the Beacon on the tank only the melee (just some of them in raids) will get the heal.
    - The healing is a bit low too. Maybe it isn't supposed to heal much, but 400 ticks every 2-3 seconds with decent equip (T4-T5) I think that's too low.

These are my thoughts, maybe someone thinks it different.

Maybe if they added a small instant heal that is capable of critting (And proccing illumination) followed by a HoT?

Abit like an AoE regrowth spell. Might be a abit powerful since a single crit from one of the players affected would proc Illumination, thus almost guaranteeing a proc if your BoL affects several targets.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Considering the way they've taken Holy Shock and infusion of Light, I think it'd be cool to mold Holy Paladins into more of a combat healer, with HS on a 6 second cooldown, it might become a significantly more important part of a healer's bag of tricks, if for no other reason than that you can use Divine Favor, force a crit heal out of Holy Shock, which is a significant heal, no doubt, followed up immediately by an instant Holy Light which is similarly significant, once every two minutes.

Even if you're not using it to heal, blasting an enemy with Holy Shock on the off chance it'll crit to allow you an instant Holy Light seems quite tempting (Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30% crit chance on your own talents and gear, every 6 seconds, that averages to once every 20 seconds you get two instant heals back to back, or an instant holy damage followed by an instant heal.

Making Beacon of Light a self-buff that causes the current AoE, plus an additional amount every time you deal holy damage to an enemy would be pretty sweet, although ANYTHING to give Holy Paladins incentive to be in the fight, as opposed to standing in the back of it, would be pretty awesome.