Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: They did improve Tranq.. sorta

why should they change it? yes im a hunter too and if yur gonna spec BM for the awesome talents obviously you cant be as selfish as to think that there should be NO WAY at all to counter them

i sorta hav to agree about the few previous posts in relation to you Bald

15+ Year Old Account

These days: MM hunter vs BM hunter, 100% BM hunter win.
    At WotLK: MM hunter vs BM hunter, the MM hunter must be really stupid if he can't win this.

This is redicioulous. There are some other abilities which can be removed like Bloodlust, really sucks if it gets removed, it is already. But when Bloodlust is dispelled you haven't lost yet. And as BM hunter, it will be way to hard to stand out versus other hunters this way. There wouldn't have been any problems if Bestial Wrath wasn't such a critical ability, which it is as being BM.

It should atleast have a 50% chance to be resisted and a 3-4 sec cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    i sorta hav to agree about the few previous posts in relation to you Bald
    Tell me how you think about me, you saw what happened to the other guy

wat about a pvp spec SV hunter? if yur gonna rely on one skill as your cookie cutter to win a match that really brings out the real no brainer aspect of a huntard.. try rolling as a SV hunter in arena's (IN CURRENT WoW NOT WOTLK) and see how much skill is needed to pull of wins. i tried a 2v2 hunter team me SV and my mate MM and we managed to just break even in rating. no we're not complete noobs it just takes an extreme amount of perseverance and skill to try and pull of a hunter 2v2 without a BM hunter. u actually have to jump around shoot trap scatter trap silence and all that instead of just seeking your pet on the healer or caster and pew pewing them with beast within

15+ Year Old Account

if yur gonna rely on one skill as your cookie cutter to win a match that really brings out the real no brainer aspect of a huntard..
    You don't seem to get it. I don't rely on 1 skill, but BW and TBW are to critical to not have. I know this change will not make any difference vs any other class, but vs MM/Surv hunters there aint a chance of winning if the MM hunter atleast knows he can dispell (T)BW. If (T)BW weren't in the BM tree, there wouldn't even be a reason to take a BM build. No one would be BM but MM or Surv and take only the first few talents from the BM tree.

@Balduvian: nope i mean all hunter community.

15+ Year Old Account

We will see if this change gets on live servers tho. As far as I can see it looks like a nerf more then a buff for BM hunters. But like I said, we will see.

Let's end this topic, getting a bit to offensive imo.

@ rufix

not all hunters are the same kthxbye

bm should not and does not win 100% of the time against marks. i used to be marks and i would destroy bm hunters up until the 1900 ratings... my team could never get out of 1900 though. i am bm now mostly for raids but it helps against rogues/warriors/locks. it has very good initial burst but mm was similar without tbw.

if they make the ability able to be dispelled by other hunters, i will just pvp in marks/surv again. i've been wanting to anyway but this would help me make up my mind. hmmmm... it's hard to say though because i don't really see that many hunters in my battlegroup in arenas around my rating atm so it could affect very little.
    RIDiculous ... you know... like ridicule.
    not REDidculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    This is redicioulous.
    you break my heart
    RIDiculous ... you know... like ridicule.
    not REDidculous.

if it dispels TBW it should dispel the druids berserk. Only fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

It would make MM/Surv V BM Duels easier...

I can see why it should remove Bestial Wrath and The Beast Within, since it is a enrage ability idd, can't deny that. Still, removing the most critical ability (and in alot times the only way of winning for BM hunters) sounds silly doesn't it? A BM hunter vs MM hunter should always be won by the BM hunter, now with this change, the MM hunter should always win. Adding this would be a fine buff for MM/Surv hunters and a huge nerf for BM hunters.

I hope they change this
    Then again, BM will be able to win (or atleast have it far easier) against 9 other classes.

But looking from a PvE PoV btw, you know all those DPS races where you have to kill a boss in X minutes because else he Enrages?
    Any fight without a 'soft enrage' (e.g. Gruul) is gonna have a Hunter as mandatory raid member when learning :P

Quote Originally Posted by Neverend
    ...and start whining about how OP tranq shot is with the magic dispel
    It does no damage. I don't think maybe people will complain.

Yeah, this is nicely implemented. But...

First off, I hope they'll at least make this trainable, whereas currently the book to learn it is a drop from 60 content. ???
    Second, It also currently works on the leviathan mobs' enrage in BT, and upon mentioning this to the raid leader, so he could express its further use to the other hunters, he asked me where I got it!
    Thirdly, I completely agree that they remove arcane shot's dispel effect and add it to a different shot. This will finally help the mages stop QQing that arcane shot is OP (whereupon they change their QQing over to tranq shot. Either way though, we can now dispel the warrior and rogue enrages, which will be nice in pvp whilst hiding in the bushes.

All in all, hunters look decently balanced, unlike many of the other classes. They're doin' ok it seems. Keep it up Blizz, and don't disappoint with the Exotic pets!

A BM hunter vs MM hunter should always be won by the BM hunter, now with this change, the MM hunter should always win.
    I hope they change this
    Are you serious? What type of circular/hypocritical logic are you using.

Errhmm...
    I present TBW, in TBC BM hunters should trounce MM hunters and show them how trashy they should really be! But a darkness is on the horizon, in WOTLK MM hunters are going to trounce BM? BLASPHEMY, BURN THEM AT THE STAKE.

Get over yourself man.

BTW: There's this little ability that MM (can have) and Surv will most likely have, it's called deterrence, you pop 18 second TBW, we FD, you resend your kitty, we pop 10 second invulnerabilty.

I repeat,
    Get over yourself man.

Edit: Clarifying the context of the quote
    BAMF.

9 times out of 10 i trounce BM hunters as MM i don't see it being any different in wotlk

to all bm hunters...

DO THE TRICK HEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka use berserkers call

suprisingly it wont work 96% of time

I can see why it should remove Bestial Wrath and The Beast Within, since it is a enrage ability idd, can't deny that. Still, removing the most critical ability (and in alot times the only way of winning for BM hunters) sounds silly doesn't it? A BM hunter vs MM hunter should always be won by the BM hunter, now with this change, the MM hunter should always win. Adding this would be a fine buff for MM/Surv hunters and a huge nerf for BM hunters.

I hope they change this
    sad to say but this is a perfect example of the epidemic spreading throughout WoW known as.. huntard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs
    Are you serious? What type of circular/hypocritical logic are you using.

Errhmm...
    I present TBW, in TBC BM hunters should trounce MM hunters and show them how trashy they should really be! But a darkness is on the horizon, in WOTLK MM hunters are going to trounce BM? BLASPHEMY, BURN THEM AT THE STAKE.

Get over yourself man.

BTW: There's this little ability that MM (can have) and Surv will most likely have, it's called deterrence, you pop
    18 second TBW, we FD, you resend your kitty, we pop 10 second invulnerabilty.

I repeat,
    Get over yourself man.

Edit: Clarifying the context of the quote
    Well aint it true BM hunters should always win versus MM hunters? Yes it is. With this change ofc it will not be this dramatically like I said ( Was a bit of sarcasm maybe..? ) But still it doesn't sound right to remove the best/most critical BM ability this easily.

And btw, invulnerability? Lol..it's 25% more dodge, making you have about 40% dodge for 10 sec, doesn't even look like invulnerability.

I'm just saying I would hate this change if it would come on live servers, so calm down and don't all start to flame me. ( Sure 99% of the guys who are, will be MM amirite? )

sad to say but this is a perfect example of the epidemic spreading throughout WoW known as.. huntard.
    ;D ;D ;D yea...

Well aint it true BM hunters should always win versus MM hunters? Yes it is. With this change ofc it will not be this dramatically like I said ( Was a bit of sarcasm maybe..? ) But still it doesn't sound right to remove the best/most critical BM ability this easily.
    no its not wtf are u on about? no one class SHOULD win over another class. completely defeats the point of balance. why do people flame you? because u make extremely ridiculous statements like this.

And btw, invulnerability? Lol..it's 25% more dodge, making you have about 40% dodge for 10 sec, doesn't even look like invulnerability.

I'm just saying I would hate this change if it would come on live servers, so calm down and don't all start to flame me. ( Sure 99% of the guys who are, will be MM amirite? )

;D ;D ;D yea...
    no yur wrong becos once again u make biased and stupid assumptions e.g. bm SHOULD win mm and all of us posting here are mm.

i for one am SV and staying SV fyi

grats to u if u hate the change no one cares.

FYI this is a hunter vs hunter match up not hunter vs warlock match up dont make it sound like the end of the world jsut cos u might be losing to one more class.