Pain and Suffering question

Well here is my question: if talent points are put in this talent then mind flay refreshes swp anytime we cast mf, but wont that be a problem in situations when dots needs to be stopped (like Illidan or Hydross fight) because flay is our only spell without cd and it that situations we even lose ability to cast flay because it will refresh dot likely meaning wipe?

Re: Pain and Suffering question

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    Well here is my question: if talent points are put in this talent then mind flay refreshes swp anytime we cast mf, but wont that be a problem in situations when dots needs to be stopped (like Illidan or Hydross fight) because flay is our only spell without cd and it that situations we even lose ability to cast flay because it will refresh dot likely meaning wipe?
    If your tank cannot keep aggro over Shadow Word: Pain, he really sucks and you need to replace him asap.

Apply Aura: Mod Total Threat (Fade)
    Value: -1500

2325 of damage with threat talents.

So fade alone at 70 covers over 2 ticks, worst case 6 seconds... if tank cant get at least a devestate on by then... k

I got another question dealing with this tallent.

Does it refresh the SW:P timer on every cast, if fully spect? If it does, wouldn't that be a damagenerf?

3 seks channeling MF every 2 seks a SW:P tick, sounds like 1 sek is lost, if the timer refreshes directly or 1/3 less ticks form SW:P

is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Blain
    I got another question dealing with this tallent.

Does it refresh the SW:P timer on every cast, if fully spect? If it does, wouldn't that be a damagenerf?

3 seks channeling MF every 2 seks a SW:P tick, sounds like 1 sek is lost, if the timer refreshes directly or 1/3 less ticks form SW:P

is this correct?
    Refreshing shadow word: pain through MF does not screw with shadow word: pain whatsoever. It continues to tick at the same rate/time.

I have a similar question... does anyone know how trinkets and stuff work with SW:P refresh?

For instance, let's say I use a trinket (such as Icon of the silver crescent) and then SW:P, then the trinket runs out and mind flay refreshes SW:P, does the trinket's effect continue on SW:P until the end of the fight?
    Or, how about random procs, would it be worth it to recast SW:P if the Hyjal ring, BT trinket, etc. all proc at once?

It would just change automatically according to the items used i would say. it already does atm. (just check drdmg and recount).