improved shields question.

oke i have a question about the improved shields talent.

currently it states.(when 3/3)
    "increases the damage done by your lightning shield orbs by 15%
    increases the amount of mana gained from your water shield orbs by 15%
    increases the amount of healing done by your earth shield orbs by 15%"

my question is about the water shield orbs part.
    does the increase of 15% only aply to the mana gained when 1 of the orbs is consumed?
    or does it also aply to the static buff of 50 mana per 5 seconds (or possibly more if there are newer/higher ranks of the spell) while water shield is active?

Re: improved shields question.

I would assume the % change would affect the entire spell

Quote Originally Posted by Soopr Serial
    I would assume the % change would affect the entire spell
    im still worried about it thoug.
    i mean. bliz has a way of making talent either do 100% what they say. or compleetly ignore what they say.
    if its 100% acurate then i think it will only effect the mana gained from the orbs, because nomatter how manny orbs you shield has left. you always get the 50 mana per 5 seconds.
    and it states it will effect the orbs.

if there is any shaman currently in the beta who could clearefy this, id realy appreciate it.

because if i were to roll a PvE elemental shaman, and the talent would only have effect on the orbs, would it be of any worth for raiding?

Increases the amount of mana gained from your water shield orbs by 15%
    If the tooltip is correct (it might not be) only the orb's effect is increased, not the shield itself.

I would say Orbs as well, since if Water Shield would get all effects 15% buffed, I can see Resto Shamans asking for 15% extra pushback resistance on Earth Shield as well.

yea I too assume that it just applies to the orbs when they are consumed which still makes it an amazing couple of points for resto if you get the imp water shield thingy that id hope all resto shaman get. As for ele I doubt anyone would ignore their other options for imp watershield

Relogging just to test it for you...

Unbuffed untalented: 152 mp5
    Rank 8 (lvl70) Water Shield untalented: 202 mp5
    Rank 8 WS, Improved Shields 1/3: 202 mp5
    Rank 8 WS, Improved Shields 2/3: 202 mp5
    Rank 8 WS, Improved Shields 3/3: 202 mp5

That's on the WotLK beta servers, tested while typing this. Water Shield removed and recast between placing each talent point. Tested at 3/3 with rank 7 Water Shield, same result. The conclusion is pretty clear:

Improved Shields does not increase the passive mp5 bonus of Water Shield.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.